Jump to content
IGNORED

Studio Ghibli - All films on Netflix


JohnC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 18/05/2022 at 09:44, Festoon said:

Sort of annoying they don't feature any shots of the stage or set.

I'm really sceptical they could pull it off tbh, and the lack of pics makes me think it's going to be shit and twee with overacting all over the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lovelyman said:

I'm really sceptical they could pull it off tbh, and the lack of pics makes me think it's going to be shit and twee with overacting all over the place.

 

It's odd, right? If they're puppeteering that shit should be all over the marketing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be a pet project that is really tight on budget or something. I could be wrong, but I usually set my expectations low when I go to the theatre and still come away bored and puzzled at the popularity of stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Could be a pet project that is really tight on budget or something. I could be wrong, but I usually set my expectations low when I go to the theatre and still come away bored and puzzled at the popularity of stuff.

 

I remember His Dark Materials was pics of puppetted armoured bears up the wazoo. Great advertising.

 

I fear a lot of dreaded projection onto washed-out screens...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything I've seen from the RSC has been great with very high quality sets, and Ghibli don't put their name on too much crap. It seems like theatre is just not your thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, pledge said:

Everything I've seen from the RSC has been great with very high quality sets, and Ghibli don't put their name on too much crap. It seems like theatre is just not your thing.

 

I'd just like to see how it looks before splashing out cash, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Still no trailer or pictures, but they've revealed Jim Henson's are doing puppets for the show.

 

https://deadline.com/2022/06/my-neighbory-totoro-play-jim-henson-puppets-royal-shakespeare-company-1235052702/


Really curious about the designs since they’ve sold a lot of tickets without showing any of it or reveal anything about the cast.  Either they’re not ready or they are keeping things under wraps, confident with the concept. I guess it might be the later, since Saturday matinees are pretty sold out through the run. I hope it’s good, spent quite a bit of money on this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 21/05/2022 at 09:21, pledge said:

Its the same or less than most London shows.

 

Kind of a shocking reminder, why I didn't go to London shows pre-Covid.

 

£125 a ticket! Gutted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Timbuktu said:


Really curious about the designs since they’ve sold a lot of tickets without showing any of it or reveal anything about the cast.  Either they’re not ready or they are keeping things under wraps, confident with the concept. I guess it might be the later, since Saturday matinees are pretty sold out through the run. I hope it’s good, spent quite a bit of money on this. 

 

I'm convinced Ghibli wouldn't have given this go ahead if it were going to be half arsed. At least that's what I'm hoping as I have tickets. Tbh, I'm may stay away from reviews till we go to see it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stigweard said:

 

I'm convinced Ghibli wouldn't have given this go ahead if it were going to be half arsed. At least that's what I'm hoping as I have tickets. Tbh, I'm may stay away from reviews till we go to see it though.

Would’ve assumed that had I not seen Earwig and the Witch. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stigweard said:

 

I'm convinced Ghibli wouldn't have given this go ahead if it were going to be half arsed. At least that's what I'm hoping as I have tickets. Tbh, I'm may stay away from reviews till we go to see it though.


Fingers crossed.  The Guardian article about the puppetry is a bit more in-depth, they visited the workshop and spoke to Twist, so spoilers warning.  They sound like they know what they are doing and are just being secretive.  

Muppet power! RSC uses puppet legends for My Neighbour Totoro extravaganza

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m utterly torn about this. My 5-year old daughter likes the film but we’re a single income household and even though we’d have a friend putting us up it’d wind up costing the same as a long weekend by the sea. On a beach. Which she’d love. 
 

But then I think I’m depriving her of what could be a completely magical experience. 
 

Anyway, while I pondered this all the tickets sold out.

 

Would this tour does anyone think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone round here going to the Joe Hisaishi conducted symphonic concert at Wembley Arena on Saturday 7th August?

 

I booked tickets for me and my sisters waayyyy before Covid hit but it was obviously rescheduled. Now they can’t make the new date so I’ll be going down by myself 😭

 

I’ve got 3 spare tickets if anyone fancies an impromptu Rllmuk meet. Or if anyone else already has tickets, give me a shout and maybe we can say hi and grab a drink in the concourse before the show or something.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/06/2022 at 21:36, Fireproofradiator said:

But then I think I’m depriving her of what could be a completely magical experience. 
 

Anyway, while I pondered this all the tickets sold out.

 

Would this tour does anyone think?


I think there are still Totoro tickets available for a good number of dates. At least, I really flipping hope there are 😨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got some of the last 7pm 29 quid tickets right at the very back - some of which having obstructed view. But can’t justify dropping hundreds of pounds otherwise. Hope our then 5 year old can stay awake that late…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Joe Hisaishi has caught the Rona and postponed this weekend’s concert. The Witch of the Waste has evidently cursed the crap out of this tour.

Yo! When the revised dates get announced and if you have spare tickets i may very well be interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice one man, cheers. I’ll keep you posted.

 

I had a bag of magic mushroom-laced chocolate edibles lined up for this and everything 😢 

 

Since my travel is all booked regardless I’m now going to trip balls at the Back to the Future musical instead :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.