rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

Deadpool The Movie - Fox set Feb 2016 release - Ryan Reynolds to star

We all know that a Deadpool movie is in development with Ryan Reynolds at the helm. But after X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we're going into a bit cautiously, since no one knows how it will turn out. We've heard a lot about where the story might go and other ideas from Reynolds, but one point he hasn't addressed yet is if Wade Wilson will break the "fourth wall" as he has done in the comics. Break the fourth wall? Oh yeah, hes got to. I want to see him break the Great Wall," Reynolds told Empire today. And as for his decapitated head at the end of Wolverine, well, that we wont speak of." Well it looks like this is headed in the right direction!

As for more updates on the Deadpool spin-off from Reynolds, he adds: The studio's working on a script and trying to find a director. The main goal is to make sure it stays close to the source material." But fans are wondering exactly how close to the source material? Because one could claim that Wolverine was close to the source material, too. "I'm one of them. I've always been a fan, at least for the last eight or nine years. I feel a bit of validation because I knew going into Wolverine that there's a huge fanbase for this and I don't think anyone else did." Now he just needs to make sure this doesn't get screwed up. We know you can, Ryan!

Update: For reference, breaking the fourth wall essentially means talking to the audience. "The term applies to the boundary between any fictional setting and its audience. When this boundary is 'broken', it is called 'breaking the fourth wall.'" In the comics, Deadpool is often aware that he is a comic book character.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/03/mar...he-fourth-wall/

Hang on, they're letting Ryan Reynold star in and direct the film?
As for more updates on the Deadpool spin-off from Reynolds, he adds: “The studio's working on a script and trying to find a director.

Tha's a no to the director part.

Lauren Shuler Donner talks about planned X-Men related films. Here's the section on Deadpool - not much information, but further confirmation that they want to break the fourth wall:

"I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it. Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane.

Argh, the "R" word! Beating the Hulk's record for fastest franchise reboot so far?

I don't see it as a problem that Ryan [Reynolds] is also playing Green Lantern. I mean, look at Harrison Ford - he was in Stars Wars and Indiana Jones at the same time and everyone was fine with that. Green Lantern could not be more different to Wade Wilson. Green Lantern is a guy who finds a ring and is thrust into this world, much like Spider-Man. Wade Wilson is a guy who unfortunately gets cancer, and volunteers for a test that will give him healing powers. He is a bad ass, a wise-cracking mercenary, who will go out and kill anyone for money. But the thing about him is that, underneath it all, and he wouldn't want you to know this, sometimes he's not such a bad ass after all. Sometimes he does the right thing.

It's going to be a dark, snarky, very funny movie. It's the hardest story to tell, I think. There's no clear cut villain - though you do have great baddies from the comic-books like Black Tom, Slayback, Blind Al and the Weasel. Blind Al is this blind woman in his house, who he abuses and mocks… it's terrible. But you find out that she was a convict who did something terrible and he saved her from execution. So he lets her live in his house and she looks after him, but they both torture each other. Anyway, there are good stories and we're figuring out which ones to incorporate.

We're right in the thick of talking to writers right now, and hopefully by November we'll have decided who's going to do it. We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff. Ryan's mentioned this in an interview already but there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema. We have to work out how to do that. I don't know that Fox will agree with all our decisions, but we'll see!"

Tim Miller will make his directorial debut on the film, having previously done visual-effects work on films like X-Men, X2 and Daredevil.

It is pretty impossible to say whether or not he is a good choice.

this film will only be good if right at the start he looks in the camera saying "wolverine was shit, lets just forget that ever happened"

Oh fuck that has to happen!

Also I want him to mock the people in the cinema watching his film.

On my phone so can't link, but there's a thread floating around with footage in it. I'm guessing that it starts CGI and jumps to live action to illustrate just how much the character breaks the 4th wall?

On my phone so can't link, but there's a thread floating around with footage in it. I'm guessing that it starts CGI and jumps to live action to illustrate just how much the character breaks the 4th wall?

Perhaps so, but to me it pretty much all looked CGI, maybe a few bit with live action.