EA Play was EA Access (PC, PS, Xbox) - Coming to GamePass

Cyhwuhx

So am I correct in stating that by removing the Internet connection I could be unable to access my downloaded games because I'm sure that happened ?

I guess if you hadn't been online for months it might force an ownership check on the off chance you've done something nefarious. Or it might force an ownership check on first play of a title. I dunno, I'm not part of Sony's elite team of all star crackhead online programmers.

So am I correct in stating that by removing the Internet connection I could be unable to access my downloaded games because I'm sure that happened ?

It does need to check in at some point to make sure your expiration date hasn't passed, but just removing your internet connection doesn't stop you having access. Not unless your clock on the console doesn't match.

If you unplugged the PS3 to take to a mates, could it not have reset the internal clock, thus making the PS3 think the date had passed and stopping access? In which case, it would make sense to check in online.

But Shirley it'll require a constant online connection to authenticate, not just a check every 24 hours, just like PS+, you can't trade in the games even at specified participating retailers and worst of all you'll never own your game collection.

What about the people who live in Jacksonville Florida who can't download gigabytes because of poor broadband infrastructure and loss of connection ?

Think of the troops who don't have broadband in the desert/jungle/submarines etc...

#DealWithIt

Lol neg me all you like but other than price this is all the DRM BS that made everyone go mental last year while Sony said we ain't changing anything trade in all you like but buy PS+ which is exactly the same.

#Fuckinggamers

Boozy is the reason why EA have chosen to partner with MicroSoft.

He does know this is a bone thing, right?

Jesus Christ mate. You did an entire page about how PS+ already required a permanent online connection, when it doesn't, and then pretend to get the hump when people who repeatedly politely corrected you get a bit sarcastic? This one's on you.

Jesus Christ mate. You did an entire page about how PS+ already required a permanent online connection, when it doesn't, and then pretend to get the hump when people who repeatedly politely corrected you get a bit sarcastic? This one's on you.

Just you Cunty McCuntFeatures.

Smiley.jpg

I'll gladly do the time for that one.

http://youtu.be/uaz8A9Bu-pA

The monthly subscription would work will for me. I bought the last fifa and played it twice when I fancied a game of football. If this were available I could pay my £4, play for a bit and not renew if I wasn't playing after a month.

Lol neg me all you like but other than price this is all the DRM BS that made everyone go mental last year while Sony said we ain't changing anything trade in all you like but buy PS+ which is exactly the same.

#Fuckinggamers

Can't believe I'm biting, but do you actually honestly believe this?

So you can't see the difference between MS trying (and failing) to get you to rent games they were charging £40+ for, to PS+ which offers the rental of literally dozens of games for £30 a year, or this new EA scheme for the price of a pint a month. They are a million miles apart!

People in the XB1 dashboard preview program are getting access to this in the next couple of days. As well as the vault games you get early access to EA releases (5 days before release date) and discounted prices for games and DLC

The clue is in the words "other than price" and my experience of PS+ making my games unavailable when I removed the Internet connection on a PS3. Which is apparently wrong but it's what happened.

You should lay off the Buckfast when near a computer.

It sounds like a pretty good deal, but I'd rather it be a central service run by either MS or a third party (à la Netflix), because if every publisher decides to do it it'll end up costing a fortune and be incredibly messy.

Good idea in principal though, and I'll be interested to see how it pans out.

Agree completely. Need an aggregate company, like Sky or Virgin do for tv seanr.gif, who offer other publisher's subscriptions as part of their own.

They're not getting rid of the traditional way of buying games though. You won't have to subscribe to play the next FIFA for example.

On a PS3 ?

I don't recall you specifying PS3. Actually they do work the same way, they might have to do a request after the end of your last subscription to update. You might have got very unlucky there. Really what I suspect actually happened was implied up thread, if you were internetless at your mates and unplugged the thing, the clock reset to before your subscription ever happened.

The clue is in the words "other than price" and my experience of PS+ making my games unavailable when I removed the Internet connection on a PS3. Which is apparently wrong but it's what happened.

"Other than the price" is pretty bloody important though isn't it?

"This Ferrari appears to have a 1.2 litre engine in it!"

"Oh come on, quit complaining. Other than the price that's exactly the same as the Dacia Sundero and you didn't complain about that"