EA Play was EA Access (PC, PS, Xbox) - Coming to GamePass

Cyhwuhx

But Shirley it'll require a constant online connection to authenticate, not just a check every 24 hours, just like PS+, you can't trade in the games even at specified participating retailers and worst of all you'll never own your game collection.

What about the people who live in Jacksonville Florida who can't download gigabytes because of poor broadband infrastructure and loss of connection ?

Think of the troops who don't have broadband in the desert/jungle/submarines etc...

#DealWithIt

Lol neg me all you like but other than price this is all the DRM BS that made everyone go mental last year while Sony said we ain't changing anything trade in all you like but buy PS+ which is exactly the same.

#Fuckinggamers

But Shirley it'll require a constant online connection to authenticate, not just a check every 24 hours, just like PS+, you can't trade in the games even at specified participating retailers and worst of all you'll never own your game collection.

What about the people who live in Jacksonville Florida who can't download gigabytes because of poor broadband infrastructure and loss of connection ?

Think of the troops who don't have broadband in the desert/jungle/submarines etc...

#DealWithIt

Screw current forum attitudes. I'm bringing it back (etc).

delorean-ev-main-1.jpg

It wouldn't need a constant online connection, just like PS+ doesn't.

Either way, I've no interest in this - the only EA games I ever buy are Battlefield games. No thanks EA, you're shit.

Try playing your PS+ games whilst not connected to the net. Unplug your router and prepare for a shock.

I couldn't.

Why was you trying to play my PS+ games when my internet was down? ;)

I think I have had issues with it before, but that was when I was on my Vita with no connection a couple of days after I had resubbed and I don't think it had verified yet.

Lol neg me all you like but other than price this is all the DRM BS that made everyone go mental last year while Sony said we ain't changing anything trade in all you like but buy PS+ which is exactly the same.

#Fuckinggamers

But that's the point - PS+ is a choice and comes bundled with the online service, and doesn't really impact the games you've bought on disc. Microsofts initial vision seemed to apply it as a blanket policy to everything. Besides, my PS+ games work when I'm not online:/

As for this EA thing - I think it could potentially be a good idea, in the same way that I think Netflix is a good idea. But if everybody who had a show on Netflix opened up their own little store and wanted me to pay X amount per month I'd rapidly get sick of juggling as many subscriptions as they asked me to.

I'd say FIFA, madden and battlefield are key games.

I'd play one of those three titles: Battlefield. I'm waiting for the £10 to £15 second hand price point before I even play BF4.

They want the Netflix style market whom subscribe to things, forget, but don't cancel because it seems so cheap.

They are The Gym Group of games publishers. Now, just think about the kind of people who go to The Gym Group... (http://www.thegymgroup.com)

If you extrapolate this out, so Ubi, EA, Activision are all offering a subscription service, plus Games on Gold And PS plus exist, where is a gamer going to put their money?

I'd suggest GoG and PS+ are way better value, simply because those studios can't make enough good games on their own. The aggregate effect is more compelling.

Maybe this would encourage the big studios to be more varied?

RE: PS+ requiring an Internet connection. I took my PS3 to a mates house and it wouldn't allow me to access my PS+ games as I had removed the Ethernet cable and hadn't put his wi-fi password in it.

I'm positive this is the case otherwise what's to stop me adjusting the machine's date/time settings to keep the game's running after expiration ?

I'm positive this is the case otherwise what's to stop me adjusting the machine's date/time settings to keep the game's running after expiration ?

You record the last time the app was started (and hash it for comparison to prevent it being changed without being noticed) then compare the start time with the current console time. If the current time is before the last start time, you perform an internet time check and verify silly buggeryness has occurred or if the user just ballsed up a clock setting.

It's not ideal (you can theoretically just roll time forward eeeeeveeerrr soooo slooooowwwwllllyyyy whenever you boot the machine) but if you record the boot time and do a similar check to the above, you can force an online time check whenever the system clock is rolled back manually that makes rolling the clock back to extend a trial period impossible.

They'll never put FIFA 15 up immediately. They have a guaranteed userbase who buy each and every iteration on release. They'd only be eating into that.

Although you say that, but the iOS version went free.

EA make a hell of a lot through Ultimate Team it was worth giving away the iOS game for that, it may well be worth takin the big console hit too.

Try playing your PS+ games whilst not connected to the net. Unplug your router and prepare for a shock.

I've played them on a plane.