Ez Flash Advance

Jack

.... or get a n-gage! already comes with a memory card and usb cable... loads of stuff to download off the net, games, apps, emus, videos, music...

did i mention its a phone and radio too? and unlike a gba it can handle decent 3d?

:( come on, admit it... the n-gage aint all bad! ;)

All you people criticising the EZ Flash Advance obviously don't know what you're talking about. It is widely regarded as the best flash cart available. I've had mine for a few months now and have had no problems whatsoever. Never had to patch anything or chuff about in any way.

.... or get a n-gage! already comes with a memory card and usb cable... loads of stuff to download off the net, games, apps, emus, videos, music...

did i mention its a phone and radio too? and unlike a gba it can handle decent 3d?

:( come on, admit it... the n-gage aint all bad! ;)

No thanks. I'd rather use a system with more than 7 games scheduled for it over the next 12 months. Call me crazy and all that, but shitty freeware Java games are never going to be able to tempt me away from Metroid Zero Mission.

So, all things considered, what is the best one? I'm getting a little confused with these accronyms being thrown round, and would like a definite answer.

I haven't got the GBA yet, but am really tempted to do so. If I was to get it, I'm going to get one of these, too, as I want to play all those games that you can't actually get any more.

This one:

http://www.gbax.com/#ez

As for emulators, here's a list:

Asteroids Emulator

Atari 2600 Emulator

Centipede Advanced

Chip8 Emu

DrSMS

FamicomAdvance

Foon

GBOnGBA

InfoNES Advance

PCEAdvance

PocketGB

PocketNES

PocketSMS

PunchOut GBA

Space Invaders

ZXAdvance

The Game Boy emulators are so you don't have to use a "bridge" to run GB games on the GBA. No GBC support though.

I don't understand which you're recommending then, as you said you spent £90 and the XGFlash2 kit is £90, with the EZF's at £75?

Alright, let me put it this way. The XG carts use cheaper components which aren't very reliable, but are sold at a higher price.

They add on VAT plus the postage so it comes to around £93 for the EZ-F kit.

EDIT: Found this place which sells the same kit for £10 cheaper - http://www.tmgame.co.uk/EZF-Advance%20256MB.htm

Does anyone know if that site is reliable? I notice that he doesn't accept credit cards, so I'd need to do a bank transfer.

How do you go about getting your money refunded if an individual doesn't deliver goods after you have paid them by bank transfer?

Thanks for this thread Jack. I'm now £90 quid poorer but one Flash Cart richer.

I won't be playing pirated games on it but the idea of portable Manic Miner, or even better, Elite is just too tempting to resist.

Also it might be the incentive I need to finally finish that GBA game I've been working on. Maybe...

Well I recieved my EZF Advance Cart and cable today.

I was stunned to see that it comes with NO insructions whatsoever!

I can't seem to get it to work.

I have installed the software and I have inserted the cart and switched on the GBA. A blue bar with 'EZF Advance OS' appears and then it just stays there.

I lined up some games to be burned to the cart, clicked on burn but it just seems to hang there.

What am I doing wrong? Please could somebody post a link to some decent instructions for an old fool like me!

Makes no difference pressing START & SELECT.

The Client recognises the GBA is connected but on the GBA screen I just get the blue banner saying 'EZF Advance OS'.

I hope GBAX are OK with refunds.

Seems to me that this just isn't worth the bother.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, rather than trying to fix the problem, you're probably best to just send the thing back having not tried. :rolleyes:

Makes no difference pressing START & SELECT.

Yes it does. If you don't press Start and Select, you won't be able to communicate.

At all.

Not ever.

You're just booting straight to the EZFA OS. You must turn on and press Select and whilst holding press start during the GBA boot sequence. The GBA will then go "Plinky-plinky-plink" which will notify that the thing is connected to the PC successfully.

Whether I press START & SELECT makes no difference. Honestly.

If by the 'plinky plinky plink' noise you mean when the red Nintendo logo appears beneath the Gameboy logo, then I get that and it then just goes into the OS. EVERY TIME!

Argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

:rolleyes:

You'll only see the blue bar on the GBA screen until you've flashed something to the card, and you need a client program to do this. so here it is:

http://www.gba-toys.com/download/ezfa100b4.zip

It's pretty simple to use, just select what roms you want loaded by clicking the "+" sign, and then click "burn to cart", Wait a few minutes and reset the GBA. piece of piss.

EDIT: and yes, some instructions would have been nice, instead of the above link scrawled on the invoice in biro