rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ckny

Football Kits 2014/15

I actually think it is a really nice kit, but that ain't Brom man.

Bingo, it's a great little kit, would be a very nice Chelsea away say.

But not West Brom home.

post-2673-0-29049000-1405373225.jpg

I can't quite decide if Swansea's home kit is beautiful in its simplicity or just boring. It does look like they brought in a junior designer and gave him five minutes to come up with the final design. "Three stripes for adidas, sponsor, club badge and logo. We done here right?" The away kit... it might grow on me, but I don't think I'll miss it at the close of the season.

post-2673-0-33999500-1405373234_thumb.jp

post-2673-0-05438300-1405373230_thumb.jp

The most baffling thing about that is the new shade of blue.

Really? Not the fact that they've got some lecherous old geezer to model it? Not the fact that at no point during the process did they stop and think "hold on, this is a bit weird. We'll be able to hear the laughter from the other end of the M65 when they see this"? And I thought the Venky's chicken advert was bad.

It's a good job he was wearing glasses, I thought he was going to shave his eyeball at one point.

Chelsea+14-15+Home+Kit+(1).jpg

And the new away kit which is inspired by Brazil, Which is unfortunate. Also comes with a free corset.

Chelsea+14-15+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

I won't post the third kit as it looks like Warrior made it,

I really dislike the way modern adi kits have the 3 stripes end at the shoulder, rather than run right down the sleeve and all the way to the cuff, like back in the day. It's a fuck up. Any chance you have to make your team look like a 1980s breakdancing crew should be embraced. Bring back full-striped sleeves, please.

I figure it must be to leave room for the massive League and Fair Play badges that will go there, why even bother having stripes that run down to the bottom if they won't be seen?

• Upvote 1

Like anyone in Middlesbrough can afford a tablet ;)

And if you could, as if you'd dare to sit at a bus stop with it!

Anyway, the kit looks a lot better in that video than it does in the picture posted earlier. The Ramsdens logo is steadily improving but is still a bit crap mind.

I think it's alright

It is a bit... dull. The monochrome of the badge is a nice design detail, but I'm of the opinion that you should never muck around with the badge.

Apparently the guy in charge of Clarets merchandise has a thing for black and gold and this is his idea of a compromise. Not that I mind black and gold, but the team isn't nicknamed the Clarets for the fun of it.

• Upvote 1

It is a bit... dull. The monochrome of the badge is a nice design detail, but I'm of the opinion that you should never muck around with the badge.

Apparently the guy in charge of Clarets merchandise has a thing for black and gold and this is his idea of a compromise. Not that I mind black and gold, but the team isn't nicknamed the Clarets for the fun of it.

Maybe you should send him our way, we haven't had gold for decades

Also: The Blackburn shirt unveiling video has been taken down by the club. It was only ever supposed to be up for a brief time.

Apparently.

That's a shame. Pity no one saved it. :)

I really dislike the way modern adi kits have the 3 stripes end at the shoulder, rather than run right down the sleeve and all the way to the cuff, like back in the day. It's a fuck up. Any chance you have to make your team look like a 1980s breakdancing crew should be embraced. Bring back full-striped sleeves, please.

I might be misremembering here but didn't Nike kick up a stink at the 2006 World Cup regarding the stripes?

I think FIFA have strict rules about how large the manufacturers logo is and Nike (successfully?) argued that Adidas stripes were also a logo and so should be reduced in size.

Maybe not but it rings a bell.

I might be misremembering here but didn't Nike kick up a stink at the 2006 World Cup regarding the stripes?

I think FIFA have strict rules about how large the manufacturers logo is and Nike (successfully?) argued that Adidas stripes were also a logo and so should be reduced in size.

Maybe not but it rings a bell.

Yeah, it happened. It was something of a self inflicted wound on Adidas' part too (or at least a court action which backfired) because prior to that ruling the three stripes all the way down length of the shirt were seen as a decorative part of the design rather than a logo. The problem began when other companies, including Nike, began to include long parallel lines in some of their gear which Adidas took offense to saying it violated their trademark. Once that happened then everybody else in the industry asked how the lines on the sleeve could both be a decorative part of the design when it suited Adidas (to circumvent size of logo rules) and part of their trademark when it suited Adidas (to stop other companies using long parallel lines) so I guess Adidas had to pick one definition of the stripes and stick with it. It's a shame though, I'd have loved to seen a Villa shirt with blue sleeves and claret lines from collar to cuff (fnar!).

• Upvote 1

I'd have loved to seen a Villa shirt with blue sleeves and claret lines from collar to cuff (fnar!).

Only the best claret and blue teams get that treatment ;)

55l194.jpg