rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ckny

Football Kits 2014/15

TJha4VB.jpgp7gJNBT.jpg

0t74dL2.jpgn0T6DUg.jpg

Self-made since the last chairman apparently screwed up the relationship with Adidas and there wasn't time to get them back on board/a new supplier, but I like it. The kit last season was a cheapo training top with a printed logo and no stripes, so it wasn't a high measure to beat.

edit: Here's the quote from the site regarding the fallout with Adidas:

Following months of discussions at the end of last year, the decision was made at the start of December 2013 that the Club would terminate its contract with its Official Technical Supplier, adidas.

In February and March of this year, the Club worked hard to repair the relationship with adidas but, despite these healthy discussions, it has become clear that, due to the short lead times involved, adidas were unable to produce a Southampton kit in time for next season.

As a result of this the Club has had to find an alternative solution, and we will be unveiling exciting news regarding our 2014/15 kit within the next couple of months

Real Madrid- Pink?! Wtf?!

TJha4VB.jpgp7gJNBT.jpg

0t74dL2.jpgn0T6DUg.jpg

Self-made since the last chairman apparently screwed up the relationship with Adidas and there wasn't time to get them back on board/a new supplier, but I like it. The kit last season was a cheapo training top with a printed logo and no stripes, so it wasn't a high measure to beat.

Self made is an interesting one, not heard of that happening before with a top flight club. Southampton should always have striped kits.
  • Upvote 1

Hornets!

Home - a plain but acceptable shirt, but unfortunately after a fans' vote we've gone with the black shorts of failure rather than the red shorts of success (it's science). So I'm expecting another mid-table finish.

140502-new-kit-4x3286-1523815_478x359.jp

Away: Actually really nice. To commemorate our players from WW1 we have used our colours from the 1914 season and the club are donating a token amount per sale to the British Legion. Coincidentally it's also Udinese's colours, but regardless of either of those reasons it's still one of my favourite kits of recent years.

140606-awaykitlaunchweb-4x3286-1617348_4

Liverpool continue their hatred of the 3rd kit - it's dog ugly.

Our team are so badly run, all we have is a sketch thing like the kit editor off Emlyn Hughes Soccer on the c64

mini-kit-mock.jpg

• Upvote 1

59a47f987a8ed0f7f85697d71d5af9ee.png

Rather unremarkable (although I do like the Away kit on the left), but Keogh's expression is hilarious. Maybe his face has been stuck like that since his big mistake.

• Upvote 1

Huddersfield have got the same template as Plymouth but with the added Argentina-style fade (which I don't mind) and the darker blue collar and side stripes (which I find a bit shit and definitely one detail too far).

post-6768-0-23331000-1404840598.jpg

We also missed a trick by not getting Tesco in as sponsor.

• Upvote 1

Real Madrid- Pink?! Wtf?!

Self made is an interesting one, not heard of that happening before with a top flight club. Southampton should always have striped kits.

I know its a different country but Roma had a home made one recently, dunno what the reason was

And yeah it's good to see them in their stripes kit, I hate it like in the World Cup when teams don't wear their traditional kits like Germany in that all white kit

59a47f987a8ed0f7f85697d71d5af9ee.png

Rather unremarkable (although I do like the Away kit on the left), but Keogh's expression is hilarious. Maybe his face has been stuck like that since his big mistake.

Bloke on the right has evidently taken the sponsorship by it's word, not surprising seeing as it's all I can see every time my eyes go near any of the shirts. Tone that shit down, jesus.

How come Everton have stopped using Nike already?

A lot of smaller kit deals are short term, guess this was one of them. Fulham have had about four brands in the last eight years I think.

How come Everton have stopped using Nike already?

New Roma shirts are lush.

AS-Roma-2014-15-Home-and-Away-Kits.jpg

Umbro is part of Nike and hasn't produced any kits for a year or two, subsuming Umbro sponsorships into Nike ones, see Man City for example. Looks like Nike have decided to bring the brand back as Umbro boot range was still doing ok.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to think its not due to my Liverpool bias but I genuinely really like our third kid. Then again I liked the purple one from last season to.

• Upvote 1

Umbro is part of Nike and hasn't produced any kits for a year or two, subsuming Umbro sponsorships into Nike ones, see Man City for example. Looks like Nike have decided to bring the brand back as Umbro boot range was still doing ok.

Nike sold Umbro a while ago, after they brought in deals like England and City. Think they're owned by some other US company now.

A lot of deals like Nike for Everton and Le Coq Sportif before them at Everton and City seem to be done through Kitbag as an intermediary - I don't really know how these work in any detail but they're not quite the same as the contracts Nike or Adidas or Puma sign up directly.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to think its not due to my Liverpool bias but I genuinely really like our third kid. Then again I liked the purple one from last season to.

Same here, it's better than the boring away strip and looks a lot better than the purple monstrosity of last season. Inter Milan shirts always look really good, as do both of Roma's.

Nike sold Umbro a while ago, after they brought in deals like England and City. Think they're owned by some other US company now.

That I didn't know. Cheeky shits-cheaper to buy Umbro and pass them off than to buy out the individual contracts for the likes of City/England? Clever, if cynical move.

Shame though, Umbro had really hit their stride just as Nike bought them so hopefully they retained some talent to carry things on. The Everton kit is looking tidy.

The west brom kit launches this week. They have taken away our stripes and replaced them with pinstripes, using the tagline "together through thick & thin" - whoever dined that off is an idiot.