rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
neoELITE

League Two 2014 - 2015 & the Conference

Going into the weekend off the back of three consecutive wins - one in the JPT. We're 6th and 4 points off automatic... but 3 points away from 16th. I can't see Wycombe sustaining top spot for long, Burton and Bury are doing well. Luton are looking promising. Quarter of the season through.

Interesting table.

Having seen a few opposition sides, I've been impressed with Southend as a unit and Shrewsbury were a good side but the league is much of a muchness.

We were good value for our win today.

Portsmouth have the most amazing fans.

We do need to start doing better away but I'll be disappointed if we don't go up automatically after this good start.

• Upvote 2

Played Carlisle yesterday who looked like a basketball team. Scored early but should have won the game in under 30 minutes. It wasn't a pretty second half as Carlisle came out and had obviously been told to be more physical. They kicked lumps out of us.

I'm happy looking at the table today,

Typical pessimism from our fans though and I quote a Dad talking to his son on the way out - "if we keep this up, we'll be safe by January, 54 points should be enough".

We're away at Wimbledon on Tuesday - already sold out the 700 capacity away end.

We were good value for our win today.

Portsmouth have the most amazing fans.

We do need to start doing better away but I'll be disappointed if we don't go up automatically after this good start.

Yes, you were much better than us and thoroughly deserved the win. Bury are a quality side.

I'm getting worried about Pompey. We can't seem to score and are completely toothless in attack. Awford seems to be far too defensive for my liking and it could cost him his job unless he can somehow string a decent run together.

Bury are 3 down away at Shrewsbury.

As it stands is annoying me as we're 0 -0 and if we were 0-1, the top would be

Us being 0-0 is ruining it.

A bit aspergers, I know.

A big win for Shrewsbury. A bad night for Bury -5 against the goal difference and Luton take their automatic spot; that's 6 wins from 6 for Luton. Exeter get a great win against Wycombe. 0-0 for us. We've only conceded 8 in 14.

Burton beating Carlisle 3-4 was almost the result of the evening considering how the game was going. Exeter beating Wycombe was result of the evening though.

Pompey won and Oxford needed the points too.

8 points clear in the conference!

Woking can close the gap but as the cliche goes I'll take points on the board.

You are doing very well to be fair. Got to be thinking it's the clubs with the budgets to strengthen well in January that will challenge you rather than Woking.

We're not picking up many points at the moment and 3 off the play offs. Not played many of the really shit sides in the league yet though. Only 4 from the bottom 10. The big news from Wrexham was over 8100 turning up for our 150th anniversary game a couple of weeks ago against Grimsby. Almost 8 times the number of people that watched Barnet go 8 points clear at the top of the league on Tuesday :huh:. Shame our piss poor performance didn't match the occasion.

It's the FA Cup draw on Monday. There's a few qualifiers going on before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29611298

I hope Willand get through and draw us. A real Devon derby.

Good luck to the non-leaguers.

I want us to reach round 3 and get Arsenal away. We drew them a while ago but I got chicken pox so my Mum had my ticket for the Emirates instead of me. We'll probably draw Barnsley away and lose in the first round.

Yep, we've got a tricky visit to Macclesfield tomorrow night. No Louis Moult for us, but they might have zero centre backs available, which could help us in our quest to score more goals in games.

Love the FA Cup.

Do Wrexham get to play in the Welsh cup too?

Not played in that for a long time. They had a thing called the FAW Premier Cup going for a while with all the welsh sides including us, Cardiff and Swansea which was quite good because they showed lots of games on BBC2 Wales and we generally won it. Cardiff had Super Furry Animals as shirt sponsors for the competition one year and I watched Andy Morrell score 7 (seven) goals against some side I can't remember in one game.

You are doing very well to be fair. Got to be thinking it's the clubs with the budgets to strengthen well in January that will challenge you rather than Woking.

We're not picking up many points at the moment and 3 off the play offs. Not played many of the really shit sides in the league yet though. Only 4 from the bottom 10. The big news from Wrexham was over 8100 turning up for our 150th anniversary game a couple of weeks ago against Grimsby. Almost 8 times the number of people that watched Barnet go 8 points clear at the top of the league on Tuesday :huh:. Shame our piss poor performance didn't match the occasion.

Anyone down to 10 could emerge as a genuine contender if they go on a run, it looks as though Forest Green have started to pick up a bit more consistency. Our last game at home is against Halifax which could potentially be a title decider. Surprised that we're not pulling in slightly bigger crowds considering we're top of the league but I suspect a few are staying away as the new stadium isn't technically in Barnet, a few of the old faces appear to be staying away.

Torquay Utd are surely a favourite in the Conference too. Luke Young's goals to games ratio, as a midfielder, is excellent. I'd expect them to be challengers and, at least, make the play-offs. Devon!

Recent ex-league clubs are difficult opponents for teams like Dartford or Alfreton. The resources gap must be quite wide and league clubs will loan players to Grimsby, Barnet et al rather than the teams with no league pedigree. Personally, the two up, two down system from league to non-league should be looked at. Four up, four down would be better.

Seeing Bristol Rovers, Grimsby, Barnet and Torquay in that league just seems wrong.

Anyone down to 10 could emerge as a genuine contender if they go on a run, it looks as though Forest Green have started to pick up a bit more consistency. Our last game at home is against Halifax which could potentially be a title decider. Surprised that we're not pulling in slightly bigger crowds considering we're top of the league but I suspect a few are staying away as the new stadium isn't technically in Barnet, a few of the old faces appear to be staying away.

Appreciate you taking the contenders down to 10th place which is us. Cheers man :)

1-1 away at Macclesfield last night sees Wrexham in the hat for the FA Cup first round draw. The result I wanted. Although Connor Jennings picked up another yellow and is out along with Louis Moult for the replay on tuesday. That's no decent strikers available. I'm hoping for pens.

7-1 win against Dorchester :)

That's the best and saddest post I've ever read.

We eased past Cheltenham today 3-0. They were hilariously poor. We were good. We've got the best defensive record in league football. Huzaah!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/27/fa-cup-first-round-draw

1st round proper draw. We've drawn AFC Fylde at home. We should go through although, their form is excellent. Ours isn't bad either.

Halifax could play Bradford at home. For me, that's the most interesting game.

Not sure on the televised games. I expect Coventry vs Worcester to be one of them.

Telford needed two injury time goals to scrape a draw at Spennymoor Town. Basingstoke or Harrow await, in theory, but you know what theories are like. Always dashed against the wall like so many dreams.

It'll be interesting at Lincoln tonight, at least - Alfreton have no goalkeepers and the FA won't let them make an emergency signing, so they're sticking an outfielder in goal.