rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
neoELITE

League Two 2014 - 2015 & the Conference

From what I heard, Exeter dominated us today, Players and Fans alike saying we were lucky to escape with a point. Although, hopefully it makes up for some of the bad luck we have had so far.

Was on hols so didn't go to the game. P4 W0 D2 L2.

Gulp. Goals look like they will be hard to come by.

Was on hols so didn't go to the game. P4 W0 D2 L2.

Gulp. Goals look like they will be hard to come by.

You need a striker. Against us, we went two up at half time. We had all the chances in the first 45. Second half, Exeter overwhelmed us in the middle and caused us major issues and created chance after chance; Sercombe in particular was man of the match. Getting a 20 goal a season striker though isn't easy in this league. Your keeper and back four are atrocious but your midfield is excellent.

I'd like to see us put a bid in for Sercombe in January.

Excellent second half yesterday. Southend went down to ten men early on. Two yellows, both entirely justified. Southend inevitably tried to keep the ball, wasted time and didn't threaten at all. We came out second half and mullered them. Two superb goals. Reid scores again.

Next week, our away game at Luton is live on TV.

Exeter City.

We are going down in 2014/5.

We hate Argyle ;-)

Not looking good Carlos. Just 2 points. Your last home game saw under 3000 turn up. I'm a bit concerned we'll end up as the only league team west of Yeovil.

Burton looked great on tv yesterday - a cracking second goal.

2-0 loss to "a team of part-timers" (Points West) :(

But I am actually going to be in Bristol on Tuesday, so going to see us lose against Wrexham! And taking my daughter for her third match ever. :)

Could have been worse against Braintree. We lost 3-0 there last season. And they beat us 3-2 at home. We really were shocking last year.

Win or lose, at least you are playing an ex football league side tomorrow. Put your fingers in your ears, squint and pretend it's a game from 1995 or something.

Apparently we played very well on Saturday, winning 1-0 against some big money falafel eating hoofballing village team. You looked a better side than Forest Green on the tele the other day and managed to beat high flying Halifax in your last home game, so I'll be pleased with a draw tomorrow.

I think you were just about good enough for the draw. Although we should have scored twice in the second half.

And then we hung on for the win, just... even against your ten men.

Yeah, it sounds like we possibly deserved a draw from reports Danster. The sending off looks harsh on the highlights. I know your guy goes flying, but you can tell Carrington wins the ball cleanly. Hunt's chance from a yard out in the first half is a bit of a :facepalm:, although it was on his weaker foot.

I think Welling at home tomorrow is one of those must win game scenarios. We need to be picking more points up at home and we've got two difficult ones after that with Barnet away and then the derby.

fucking 83rd minute again away at Morecombe. Life is shit when your bogey team is Morecombe. I listened on the radio, it was a library. Please Jesus, let us out of this terrible league.

Our bogey team used to be West Brom.

Hello, I'm a Pompey fan. I'll try and remember to frequent this sub forum to add my two cents worth. I haven't been to a match yet this season but usually get to a few (I don't live in Portsmouth).

My family are long-time fans and used to go to every away game. My uncle is friends with John 'Portsmouth FC' Westwood. Here's a picture of him, John and my mate from Pompey vs Torquay last season:

post-6756-0-71648900-1410629492_thumb.jp

(I don't look like my uncle btw. I have zero tattoos)

As for today's game: Well, that's three league defeats in-a-row now. It looked so promising after four games but since our cup defeat at Stoke we've gone down hill. I can't complain though, we do own our own club after all. :)

As for today's game: Well, that's three league defeats in-a-row now. It looked so promising after four games but since our cup defeat at Stoke we've gone down hill. I can't complain though, we do own our own club after all. :)

Yeah it's not looking so promising now after a good start. It doesn't help that our captain is injured at the moment. We haven't scored in three games either so that's a bit of a worry. Still early days though.

Dire, listless performance last night and a deserved loss at home. 0-1 against Wycombe. We played ok for about ten minutes but other than that, we were devoid of ideas. Booed off at half time, ignored at full time. Dreadful.

Yeah it's not looking so promising now after a good start. It doesn't help that our captain is injured at the moment. We haven't scored in three games either so that's a bit of a worry. Still early days though.

We won 3-0 yesterday! So all is well again.

Probably.

• Upvote 1

We won!!!

This is my thead - we should be winning. So unfair.

humph.

Taking my six year old on Saturday to her first ever game. She's massively excited. I'm not. After my 800th-ish game, the excitement seems a very distant memory.

Top 2 clash at Gigg Lane on Saturday, I'm pretty excited. It was an excellent game on Tuesday, Stevenage were surprisingly good for the first 20 but we kept going after conceding first and got the quick equalizer we probably needed. We could have had 5 or 6 but for their keeper but they could have also stole a draw.

I'd expect a big crowd (for us) on Saturday i.e. about 4,000. When this happen we invariably bottle it and play badly so the floating fans never return.

I wonder what winning feels like...

The last time Telford were in the Conference, two seasons ago, they set the new record for most games without a win, stretching 30 matches from October to April. It's ten games and counting so far...

Still top of the league after 11 games. As to whether Barnet will stay there it's another matter, we've pretty much only played bottom half teams at the moment but the three hammerings we've dished out shows we are credible leaders at this stage.Our wingers this year have been fantastic, when Lee Cook is on form he looks a completely different level of class to the players around him. Really happy to see Luisma has been consistently on form this year.

Great to see Hoskins score a goal with his first ever touch for Barnet, after the years of last day relegation scraps in league 2 it feels like the good times are finally back.

Plymouth 2 Hartlepool 0. A terrible second half performance but Hartlepool were even worse. Our second was at least three yards offside. 2 points outside the play offs now. Not sure how.

I've seen recent relegations and relegattion escapes and Hartlepool have to be worried - the worst side we've played thus far.

We lost yestrrday, again. Accrington 1 Plymouth 0.

We had 15 corners. Dominated from start to finish and lost. Garbage. Another away defeat. We're terrible away. We only committed one foul in the game according to the BBC and we had one yellow card.

My tips for the top aren't doing badly.

We're into the play-offs!! What? Bit early to get excited? Yeah... spose... :( but we've won five on the trot for the first time in an age. So, uh, yeah, keep it up lads. :)