rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
neoELITE

League Two 2014 - 2015 & the Conference

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two

League Two begins again on Saturday 19th August.

Clubs promoted to League 2 last season - Cambridge United and Luton Town.
Clubs joining from League 1 - Carlisle United, Stevenage, Shrewsbury Town and Tranmere Rovers.

Bury are the early favourites on betting websites at 9-1. I'd expect Burton Albion to finally progress out of League 2 next season along with Portsmouth and Carlisle although, my club Plymouth Argyle have released dead wood and signed some very decent players at this level.

Conference fixtures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/conference/fixtures
I'm not sure how many non-league fans there are but thought I'd add in the Conference for Danster :)

I'll edit this OP with poster/team details so can you declare your allegiences please and maybe a little known fact.

neoELITE - Plymouth Argyle
We beat Uruguay in a friendly in 1924 - 4-0 - and six years later, Uruguay won the first World Cup.
David Jack started his career at Argyle and went on to become the World's most expensive player in 1928 - Arsenal paid £10,890 for him and he was the first player to score a goal at Wembley.

Carlos Valderrama - Exeter City
Danster & whizzo - Bristol Rovers (conference)
Lanark - Portsmouth
Carleton - Bury
Finality Jack - Barnet (conference)
La Parka - Tranmere Rovers
Fry Crayola - AFC Telford (conference)
Fatsam - Wrexham (conference)
Davidgri2002 - York City
tomakasatnav - Portsmouth

dark soldier - Bury

artz - Wimbledon

CrispyPhallus - Portsmouth

I feel more optimistic about Pompey at least making the playoffs this year. Andy Awford seems to have instilled some confidence in the players and we've made some good purchases. Would be disappointed if we don't at least make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Edited the thread for you Danster. Some of us will be there next season...gulp.

I'm hoping Rovers bounce right back up.

My relegation candidates are Exeter City (transfer embargo and an administration looking likely) and Newport - they plummeted last season after teams worked them out and their pitch is absolutely awful and I think they'll struggle this year. I don't want Exeter to be relegated but it's not looking good.

Bury. Being favourites is a new feeling I must say but Flitcroft has made some great (and for us expensive) signings. We don't know where the money's coming from.

Fact: Brian Clough's playing career was ended through injury sustained in a game against Bury.

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard.

We've had two friendlies thus far. Tavistock (a small market town just up the road), I think we won 4-0. Played Weymouth yesterday and drew 2-2. At home, we'll be playing Swansea and Yeovil.

We've signed Reubin Reid on a permanent deal - we had him on loan last year. He scored a lot and he's a pacey big lad - not quite Akinfenwa 'big'. We've signed a few players - I can't be bothered looking up who. Sadly, we sold our captain to Barnsley for a reported £200k with add ons.

Okay.

Wrexham

Diabolical season last time, but non league hot shot manager Kevin Wilkin joined us from Nuneaton in March to sort this shit out. Youth and pace is replacing old and inept. And fitness levels are on the up ,which was a big issue last season. We still need a keeper and one more centre back, but I think we have team that should be challenging for the play offs.

Looks like a stronger league than last year to me though. Forest Green will probably get their act together and we have another big money joke side Eastleigh joining them. Grimsby will be up there again. Kidderminster should too, although it looks like overspending in previous years is catching up with them and could affect things. Gateshead were the best side last season apart from Luton, they've got a good manager and decent financial backing. Teams never come down and win the league straight away, but Bristol Rovers and Torquay will be towards the top end of the table won't they? There a few other sides that have the potential to do alright. Barnet are one. Woking could surprise a few. Lincoln finished the season strongly.

It's all basically going to be fucking amazing.

May go to Telford away. Last game of the season and not too far away. Could be our promotion party. That would be nice.

I'll let you know what it's like Fry Crayola.

• Upvote 1

Okay

YCFC.

Id like to predict City's season. But as last year we had half a season with almost the worst record and the second half of season with the best record. I have absolutely no idea. Lots of ins/outs but we hopefully will have more strikepower this season.

D

Great news from my club. The Exeter home game is a 3pm kick off on a (probably) hot Saturday in August. The family area is in between the two sets of 'fans'. The club aren't moving it for this game, they'll be sat between two mobs. It's going to be great watching kids leave the ground in ambulances. Genuine stupidity from our moronic board.

Less than a week and I'm feeling rather excited. Got my season ticket last week.

Not sure too many City fans will head down given how low morale is right now!

How do you feel about your opening game against Pompey then? I feel we could at least get a point against you. Opening games can be scrappy and produce weird results but we've had a decent pre season so who knows. I'd be happy with a draw anyway.

Happy with a draw against a team that are falling apart and under a transfer embargo? Pre-season optimism has already died in Lanark's heart. For shame!

We're away at Cambridge first game. I'd expect them to be a team with momentum but I'm not too worried.

Here's my ups and downs.

Ups

Bury

Burton - they've been up there a while

Plymouth - we've bought well and have a very good front five

Downs

Exeter - they might end up with points deducted the way it's going

Newport - they fell apart near the end of the season

How do you feel about your opening game against Pompey then? I feel we could at least get a point against you. Opening games can be scrappy and produce weird results but we've had a decent pre season so who knows. I'd be happy with a draw anyway.

Reckon you will batter us. James Dunne to bag a brace :(

Reckon you will batter us. James Dunne to bag a brace :(

I didn't know you were under a transfer embargo. Shows how much I've been following things!

Pre season optimism hasn't died. I've just seen so many opening day results that bear little resemblance to how the rest of the season will go.

Having said that, we played well against a championship side (Charlton) in our last pre-season friendly so maybe we will batter you!

Another Portsmouth here. Hi!

Welcome comrade ;)

Cheltenham tomorrow. We battered them near the beginning of last season but that was a false dawn under Blackwell. I'm excited for this season but I do have to mention Gigglane.com makes this forum look like a bastion of positivity.

Good luck to everybody tomorrow. I think there are 7 teams represented here, let's hope we all reach the play-offs at least.