Fleetwood Mac

Buckingham is a great guitarist, and Stevie Nicks has an amazing voice, and was damned hot in her day. As a metallist through and through, I'm not ashamed to admit to listening to Rumours an awful lot.

• Upvote 1

Tango in the Night is amazing, it does sound absolutely lush.

I don't like Tusk that much as it has too much Buckingham being angry.

Listening to Bella Donna quite a lot, never knew that Destiny's Child sampled Edge of Seventeen for that Charlie's Angels song.

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is where it's at, man.

It was amazing how the band reinvented itself so thoroughly in the 70s; I couldn't believe it when I first saw their early stuff, after being mostly familiar with them through tracks from Rumours and Tusk.

• Upvote 1

Didn't they sample something for bootilicious too

That's the one that samples Edge Of Seventeen. The Charlies Angels song was Independant Women.

My childhood home was renamed Fleetwood in honour of the Mac by my parents - fact ! My dad went to see them on their recent tour - said they were great, but Buckingham's voice is going. Think they've dropped some songs a key for him. They wheeled Chrissie McVie out for a few tunes as well.

They all look absolutely off their tits in that footage to be fair.

Mick Fleetwood looks like your favourite dodgy granddad giving you scrumpy laced with lsd.

• 5 years later...

Possibly the most contradictory band in existence.  Two sets of people going through the most bitter of divorces creating wonderful love songs, completely mental tracks when sober and middle of the road AOR when skiing down mountains of cocaine and swimming through lakes of alcohol.  And the band named after the one bloke who is the most unlikeliest rock star ever (but a damned good drummer).  A bunch of self-absorbed arseholes who - if you can keep them in the same room long enough - produce some absolute classics.

Long live Fleetwood Mac.

for many folks of a certain age the defining act of Mick Fleetwood's career was presenting, if you can call it that, the Brit awards with Samantha Fox live on ITV.

at a time when folks only had 3 or 4 channels to choose from it ensured millions watched him & poor old Sam repeatedly die on stage for what seemed like hours.

On 28/09/2019 at 11:26, Plissken said:

And the band named after the one bloke who is the most unlikeliest rock star ever (but a damned good drummer). 

They're named after the rhythm section, so both the drummer and the bassist.  Peter Green's idea apparently. 

• 9 months later...

It's just been reported that Peter Green has died. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jul/25/fleetwood-mac-co-founder-peter-green-dies-aged-73

Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green has died aged 73, a statement from solicitors acting on behalf of his family said.

The statement from Swan Turton solicitors said: “It is with great sadness that the family of Peter Green announce his death this weekend, peacefully in his sleep. A further statement will be provided in the coming days”.

• Empathy 1
On 26/06/2014 at 09:21, smac said:

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is where it's at, man.

It was amazing how the band reinvented itself so thoroughly in the 70s; I couldn't believe it when I first saw their early stuff, after being mostly familiar with them through tracks from Rumours and Tusk.

Quoted for truth.

• Upvote 1