rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
John0

RLLMUK Hearthstone Tournament

Alright, I have a match to play then :) When is good for you PaulM? I'm generally available most nights after 8pm, though Mondays are bad for me.

I'm away over the weekend but after 8pm one night next week sounds good. I might be wrecked on Monday night so let's say Tuesday?

Patriot beat me 2-0 last night.

Both games were his Paladin v my Hunter. Pretty much got destroyed in both games, I was very impressed with his paladin deck.

I'm away over the weekend but after 8pm one night next week sounds good. I might be wrecked on Monday night so let's say Tuesday?

Just remembered I'm working a bit late on Tuesday, so we might be looking at more like 9:30 onwards rather than 8pm if that's OK?

Uzi just beat me 2-0.

http://www.twitch.tv/mentazm3k/c/4764052

First game I had a crap hand, he pulls double rag, GG. 2nd game started off better for me, but then he pulls double giant, GG.

I watched that from your perspective. I looked so annoying to fight against. :lol: GG's though. I got pretty good hands in both those games- coin/innervate yeti was good and made up for the fact that I had nothing to play until turn 5 and the handlock hand I got was godly.

Just remembered I'm working a bit late on Tuesday, so we might be looking at more like 9:30 onwards rather than 8pm if that's OK?

Shall we just defer it to Weds? 9:30 onwards is a bit late for me (I have small children, I'm in bed by 10 ;) )

Omus beat me 2 to 1.

In our first match, I played Ramp Druid. Omus had a Mage deck I've not encountered before, using control tactics but quite different from Freeze Mage. Despite an excellent start with an early Wild Growth and a good curve of solid minions, I made several foolish plays, falling into Omus' Counterspell trap not once, but twice. Losing a Swipe and a Force of Nature was expensive, and a contributing factor in losing the match.

For round two I swapped to a Tempo Warrior deck. Mulliganed into an excellent hand, and managed to keep an Inner Rage'ed Amani Berserker on the board for a couple of turns, from which I got excellent value. Omus was on the back foot from there and never quite recovered.

Round three was saw us play the same decks again, only this time I'm not sure exactly what went wrong for me. I made some bad calls on my board control methods, and failed to get anywhere near as much value from my cards as before. Omus played a solid match, and was able to prevent me from wrestling control away from him.

• Upvote 1

Good games with Rev.

First match was quite a lot of give and take in the early game, but as Rev says, the loss of two spells hurt him quite significantly.

Second match i kept the same deck from the first game and just couldn't get any traction. Not helped by what was a good draw for Rev, and a godawful draw for myself. Game over by turn 6 or 7. Was completely smashed.

Last game i changed my deck out to something that was a little more focused on control. Rev went with the same warrior deck, and it was tense, Butterflies in my stomach match, i was just able to outpace and keep up the pressure i think, mostly again through nice drawing.

Shall we just defer it to Weds? 9:30 onwards is a bit late for me (I have small children, I'm in bed by 10 ;) )

Haha. I'm going to be home earlier than expected so we can still make tonight at not long after 8 I reckon.

First match was quite a lot of give and take in the early game, but as Rev says, the loss of two spells hurt him quite significantly.

The stupid thing was, I had an Innervate in my hand both times :doh:

I was just thinking "It can't be Counterspell, surely"

Stuck to my pally all the way with Stnick, I won 2-1. He did have naxx spiders in his hunter deck, but I didn't mind. He'd made a hunter without them for round 3 anyway.

strawdonkey 2 - 0 PaulM

Videos to come! GGs Paul.

[edit]

Observe the bug in game one that causes me to attack into a 4/9 with a weapon, THEN play Hunter's Mark on it. Stupid clicking on cards and the game thinking I'm clicking on my hero, which is under the cards!

Lost 2-1 to Patriot on Tuesday evening. All three games I played semi-Miracle Rogue and he played a Paladin control deck that seemed very similar to Kolento's #1 Legend Paladin (though I don't know if it was exactly the same). First game he got on top of me and I took a risk and played my assassinate to get the game back... next turn Tirion came out. Game over. Second game I managed to buff minions and aggroed my way to a win, seemed like he didn't get the cards he needed, a consecration would have ended me at multiple points. Third game was fairly even and I started going to the face knowing that as soon as he started to heal and get taunts out it was probably game over. But it was way too early to do that and I sacrificed board control. Maybe made some bad calls in this game, but not sure it would have made a difference in the end. Good games!

Good games. Yeah its same as Kolentos with maybe a card here or there different. That second game you just steamrolled me. Good fun though. Do you not run Leroy or is it you don't have him?

Good games. Yeah its same as Kolentos with maybe a card here or there different. That second game you just steamrolled me. Good fun though. Do you not run Leroy or is it you don't have him?

Don't have him, so I don't bother with shadow steps either. I think if I put the time in I could get this deck fairly high in ranked.. but not sure how good it is really. Just a sort of mid-range rogue but with card draw from the Auctioneers. Oh I don't think I drew an Auctioneer in either game I lost.. though might be mis-remembering. Not that I'm the sort of Miracle player to moan when they don't draw Auctioneers though obviously :P. Really like that Paladin deck btw.. wish I had all the cards for it.

So that puts me up against John0 next. I'll be on at lunchtime if your around, could maybe squeeze the games in if you like.

Ah can't really do lunchtimes I'm afraid... and pretty busy over the next coupla nights... how's the weekend for you?

Ah can't really do lunchtimes I'm afraid... and pretty busy over the next coupla nights... how's the weekend for you?

Cant do Saturday, but Sunday night should be fine, around 8 suits me, gives me time to get the kids to bed!

John0 2 - Rabmyself 1

Couple of great games. Round 1 was my super agro Paladin deck Vs a Rogue. Rush deck just couldnt finish it off, he kept my board clear until he could put out a lethal force and I just didnt draw the finisher I needed. Round 1 to John0

Round 2, I switched to Handlock vs Rogue again. Anoter close match, back and forth, but I managed to get the win in the end with a lucky Molten Gian top deck.

Final round was a close one, back and forth a lot. Stuck with Handlock, John0 went for priest. He played smart, cleared my board as much as possible, and help back on brining me down to 10hp as long as possible which beefing up his side. When he did drop me down, I had 2 molten and a defender of argus and a siphon sol ready to go, thought I was in a good spot! But some good plays cleared me out again, not even Rag could save me.

Videos (round 1 and 2 in same clip, forgot to hit stop)

Round 1 & 2

Round 3

• Upvote 2

:hat: to Rab for some awesome games. Third one was so tense. I've not spent enough time at the higher ranks to have played many proper handlocks before, but managed to make the right plays I think. Went for Priest purely because it was my only deck that I could think might have a chance against 6-8 huge taunts.

I was lucky to draw both Shadow Word: Death's early on to take care of the Mountain Giants. The Drakes caused me a few problems, but I held off attacking for a few turns to get closer to Mind Control for the Molten Giants. Then the Facelesses came out! But I managed to make a 12-12 Ysera at a crucial moment, and then charged past Rag's fireballs to get over the line.

Cheers for recording Rab, was on the iPad so don't have it from my POV.