rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
John0

RLLMUK Hearthstone Tournament

Right this is just my initial ideas for a Tournament, so basically if everyone could weigh in with opinions then we can try and sort something out that suits the majority. I think the emphasis should be on it being non-serious yet healthily competitive :). Hello Mom jokes and hilarious accusations of cheating most welcome.

Also, as someone mentioned in the thread in Discussion, I think it would be cool if people recorded the games if they wanted. If anything truly epic went down it'd be good to watch back. It's pretty easy to record (on PC) with Open Broadcaster Software.

Tournament Bracket

http://challonge.com/rllmukhearthstone

Rules

Max 2 legendaries to be used in any one deck. Other than that, no restrictions. You can swap decks whether you win or lose.

Player Ids and Sign up info: http://rllmuk.outyear.co.uk.

Legendaries - 10

Rough rank - Highest 10, Current 15

B.net ID Balir#1792

We could use something like Hearthpwn's deck builder for sending decklists to a designated moderator before hand if we wanted to go that way. I don't really mind whether we limit the number of legendaries or not, but then I would say that since I have quite a few ;) If we do choose to limit it I think we should go all out and copy Managrind's limited format and ban them altogether, as I for one can't be arsed with adding up the dust value of my deck.

Put me down as a maybe. I've got some stuff on at the moment which means I'm not sure about when I'd have time to do it, and I work awkward hours (and I'll be away soon for a while). If you decide to go with PaulM's suggestion of registering your decklists before the match, I'll happily volunteer to moderate that though, as I would be able to do that when I'm free, rather than worrying about making myself free when my opponent is too. Personally, I would only limit legendaries, but have it so that people can opt for "anything goes" so to speak, where if 2 of those players are matched, they can go nuts. Might be the fairest way. Or go with picking 3 decks each, at least one has to be a no legendary deck, and if you're playing someone who has none, you have to use that deck. Something like that anyway.

Just in case, my details are;

Legendaries - 12

Rank - Highest 9, current 19 (slacking this season), usually around the 15-ish mark.

Bnet ID - not sure, will fill in later when I have a look.

Legendaries 3

Highest Rank - 11

Current Rank - 10

Tag - Omus#2542

Don't mind recording my matches, but my upload is frankly awful, so i can't stream.

Ha, I just set up a basic website to try to collect all the signups, then this thread went up!

http://rllmuk.outyear.co.uk

I could update it to include Legendarys and ranks, if its easier than you updating this thread all the time.

Ah! :) let's use the website, looks good! If you don't mind updating it yeah. As it would be easier than me updating the thread, always up for doing less work :). I'll leave the first post as it is for now, and we'll switch over once you've got a chance to update it. I don't mind entering people's details who've already posted...

Legendaries 23

Highest Rank - 5

Current Rank - 9

Tag - Patrock#1885

Regarding Decks, i usually go with 2 / 3 legendary cards a deck. I tend not to go over that unless playing ramp druid (which sucks now).

If people are trying to restrict legendary cards, just remember if you ban all, it just makes Zoo the mos viable deck which means the tournie won't really have much diversity.

Ah! :) let's use the website, looks good! If you don't mind updating it yeah. As it would be easier than me updating the thread, always up for doing less work :). I'll leave the first post as it is for now, and we'll switch over once you've got a chance to update it. I don't mind entering people's details who've already posted...

Updated the signup site, now has fields for Username, Btag, No. of Legends, Highest rank, Current rank.

http://rllmuk.outyear.co.uk

Signed up. I'm going to have to do some homework. I mainly play my own gimmick decks that require the stars to align in a hyper satisfying way and have never really kept up with the viably competitive meta. I've had twitch on in the background a few times and am vaguely familiar with what is meant by "zoolock" and "miracle rogue" but have never really bothered with that side of it.

I don't think we need to restrict legendaries too much. I've used them in decks but have ended up dusting them to build more solid base decks. They are not key to winning a game, I normally try to have some cards to counter them. So although I have none at the moment, I'm happy for people to use them in their decks. Maybe a cap of 3?

Makkuwata, http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/ is a pretty good site to look at. The constructed play decks give you a good idea of some low cost good decks that you can use as a base

Yeah I've been thinking that about Legendaries actually. They can turn a game, but it's not the be all and end all. Maybe it's not such a great focus of restriction.

I think the problem is, is that in my experience with ranked, I hit around level 15 and come up against people with a far greater range of cards to choose from, and it's a real struggle even to go 50-50 most of the time. Which is fine, I understand that's the way the game is designed. But I was thinking it would be cool to have some sort competition where the playing field is just a touch more even. Something like max 1 Leg, max 4 Epics.. or something?*

But if the general consensus is that no one minds that much, we could just try unrestricted this time and see how it goes?

*edit: of course the problem may be that the game isn't really designed/balanced according to these rules, and so as was mentioned above something like Zoo might just be totally dominant.

I'm on holiday Friday for a week, if that's a problem feel free to take me out of the running but generally I'm pretty good with these kind of things.

Could just have a qualifier between two randomly drawn people?

Anyway, I'll make a poll for the rules (just as soon as I've figured out how to do that)... if anyone wants to add anything, just lemme know.

Edit: Ah do you have to be a Supporter? I thought I was a Supporter anyway to be honest. Can anyone who's a Supporter try making a poll? Was thinking something along the lines of:

• No restrictions
  • Max 3 legendaries
  • Max 2 legendaries
  • Max 1 legendary
  • Max 2 legendaries and 6 epics
  • Max 1 legendary and 4 epcis
  • Max 2 legendaries, 6 epics, 6 rares
  • Max 1 legendary, 4 epics, 4 rares
  • Max dust total value of 5000
  • Max dust total value of 4000
  • Max dust total value of 3000
  • No legendaries or epics
  • No legendaries or epics or rares

Where people get the opportunity to vote for as many as they'd be happy with.. so you could vote for all of them if you didn't care.

Whaddya reckon?

I've signed up as a reserve. As for tournament structure, given that Hearthstone is a game that involves high levels of variance, double-elimination might be the best way to go. You can run events of that type through challonge.com.

I'll go with the consensus. Don't mind. How do we police it? Or are we going on honour?

Is the a listing of card dust costs anywhere ?

I've added everyone registered

Id be in favour of the following

• No restrictions
  • Max 3 legendaries
  • Max 2 legendaries
  • Max 1 legendary
  • Max 2 legendaries and 6 epics
  • Max 1 legendary and 4 epics
  • No legendaries or epics

I dont think its worth limiting the amount of rares.

Going on a dust limitation just sounds to complicated, counting up all the cost would hurt my brain! Its hard enough trying to add up single digit numbers for lethal!

If I had to choose 1, I'd go with Max 2 legendaries and 6 epics, as most of the signups have 2 legendarys ( apologies to those that dont! )