rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Fox

Football thread 2014/15 season

Anyone else who watched MOTD earlier spot the natty head wear every fashionable Brummie is sporting at Villa Park this season?

aston-villa.png

The sounds of knees jerking over the pitch invasion is deafening. Yes, it was silly but then so was deciding to arrange a game between two clubs separated by less than four miles for 5:30pm on a Saturday afternoon at time of year when the weather is fairly likely to be good. Of course people are going to turn up to the game shitfaced and behave in a way that people who have been drinking all day do. No excuse, but TV have to take some responsibility for their part in it.

True to a point but shit faced people shouldn't be given entry to a sporting event. It's a criminal offence. It's also a criminal offence to enter the field of play.

Also, the West Brom players were exposed to potential risk. There were a good 2000 people on the pitch and someone doing their job - i.e. a footballer or official or a non-playing member of staff - could have been injured or attacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31784681

More went on than was shown on TV.

"West Brom fans, angered by Claudio Yacob's unjust red card and a second Villa goal from Scott Sinclair, threw several seats they had ripped out on to the pitch.
"The response from Villa fans was that premature pitch invasion, although it should be stressed it was a minority and thousands of their own supporters vented their fury against them.
"It was, in fact, only a minority on both sides but still a poor advert for the game, right down to West Brom sub Callum McManaman reacting angrily to being jostled by Villa fans at the end."

Quite possibly the worst sending off I've ever seen. Then the second red was bs too. Can't see either of them sticking.

I don't think you can appeal yellow cards so they will.

Omg that's horrendous for the game, there's no sportsmanship anymore, it's 22 ppl trying to con the ref.

• Upvote 1

I know Messi statistics are easy to come by, but he's just reached 30 for the season in the league, and this will be the seventh time in the last eight seasons that he has scored over 30.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mane-garrincha-stadium-brasilia-being-5289603

The stadium built in Brazil's capital city, at a cost of £350m apparently, is now being used as a bus station because there's no other regular use for it.

I don't think anyone saw that coming. I'm sure things will work out ok in Qatar though (albeit Qatar can probably better afford to flush the cost of 10 stadiums down the drain).

Disgraceful from Forestieri. I'm guessing they can't punish him due to their retarded rules.

• Upvote 2

Feigning injury (i.e. going down when there is demonstrably zero contact) is taken fairly seriously by the powers that be. He will probably get banned for a few games.

Forestieri's always been a cunt for diving but that's pretty next level, even for him.

• Upvote 1

Italian horror challenge from this weekend. Don't click with a weak stomach.

http://i.imgur.com/Lyw3BUL.jpg

Oh Jesus. So what sanction did he get for that I wonder? Looks from the one photo like an utterly deliberate scything.

Fucking hell!

It's ok though, FIFA have protected us all from video replay evidence just this week.

He should be banned for 6 months for that.

The new FA chairman is a Wolves fan, so hopefully we'll be ok for once with the appeal.

It was pretty embarrassing.

In worse news, a Watford fan was put in critical care on the way back from the game. Bad day all round.

[English Football] Well, at least that Chievo lad will be thankful no one spat at him! [/English Football]

Oh Jesus. So what sanction did he get for that I wonder? Looks from the one photo like an utterly deliberate scything.

WARNING:GROSS

http://youtu.be/EVwVS5reGVc

It looks like an unfortunate accident rather than a cynical challenge, the player's foot gets caught in the tackler's training leg because of the angle and timing.

It looks like an unfortunate accident rather than a cynical challenge, the player's foot gets caught in the tackler's training leg because of the angle and timing.

Don't know whether you have noticed but the video has been removed by user

Entertaining game between United and Arsenal. Di Maria sent off, two exquisite assists and a sending off. Oh, and De Gea making an absolute world class save.