rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Fox

Football thread 2014/15 season

I prefer accurate tables to silly charts.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Can't wait for it to all come crashing down.

Amazed to see City aren't even in the top ten. Shows how inconsistent the chasing sides are that they haven't been leapfrogged, I suppose, and particularly how bad Liverpool's start to the season was. Turns out all they had to do was drop Gerrard.

At least you Liverpool fans can now understand what we've put up with for years with the likes of dinobot and Danny boy.

You think they're any more palatable in the Liverpool thread than in here?!

;)

• Upvote 1

Well he's certainly not helping. Commentary sounds ok but crowd noise sound like it's phasing in and out in an echo chamber.

You think they're any more palatable in the Liverpool thread than in here?!

;)

A bit of a cheap shot.

There's been no one unpalatable in the Liverpool thread since Ramone stopped posting there.

• Upvote 2

Steven Ireland's leg after the Stoke Hull game :(

Spoilered for grim.

1b905bd2-5618-46e6-9a89-83a4d5c493ee-180

I had a horizontal one of those, a nice Sunday league early game tackle from behind, amusing comments of "you've drawn blood" etc but had black socks on so it didn't seem too bad and I played on for 75 minutes. Put my hand down my sock when I came off and came out with unidentified bits of leg. Went to A&E, had it stitched up and possibly not cleaned so well as it quickly got infected and I was out for 6 months while it had to be opened up to heal up on its own. Proper depressing times, looks a complete fucking mess even now a good ten years on :(

One of the most shitty, cowardly tackles to make.

Anyone notice that Matic did a John Terry yesterday, he went full kit wanker to celebrate the cup win.

• Upvote 1

Re Paddyo's, Childrens Chart isit?

That would be every team has a decent chance of winning the league every season. In England I would say in order of likelihood that's Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U

Obviously, depending on personal opinion that order will move around. I don’t follow any particular English team like some other Scottish glory hunters in this thread so I may be off with my assessment of the perceived best teams

Man Utd are way more successful than Arsenal/Liverpool in recent times. It would basically take a pretty big fluke season from the latter two to win the league, because they're the 4th and 5th richest teams respectively.

Utd have struggled the last two years but they can easily get right back up there again if they take a less scattergun approach in the next transfer window. Di Maria and Falcao weren't what they needed at all but they were big names that Ed Woodward could crow about I guess, after his debacle the previous summer where he tried and failed on Thiago and Fabregas before settling for Fellaini at the last minute.

That was definitely the worst transfer splurge in the history of teams not called Tottenham.

Still think Di Maria is too good not to do well here eventually, but it shows how it's not always a piece of piss to settle in a new league, no matter how good you are.

"We're going to stop playing with wingers! Wingbacks all the way!"

"£60m for a winger you say? Sold!"

I know he's shuffled inside a bit in the last season at Real, but that's putting him into competition with all their best players. A very strange signing, however good he is.

If he met her in a bar could he sue the owners of the bar?

Surely it's their responsibility to keep the Jailbait out.

Although that would make bars less fun of course.

Man Utd are way more successful than Arsenal/Liverpool in recent times. It would basically take a pretty big fluke season from the latter two to win the league, because they're the 4th and 5th richest teams respectively.

I'm only basing it on last season otherwise I would have had them higher in my estimations.

That was definitely the worst transfer splurge in the history of teams not called Tottenham.

Not sure you have that one right, not only did we still make money in the Bale being sold window most of the players have come good this season - Liverpool are the experts in throwing away money as proven again this season!

Shame Spurs didn't beat Chelsea but it was a professional job by them, beating them on new year probably didn't help us!

• Upvote 1

Not sure you have that one right, not only did we still make money in the Bale being sold window most of the players have come good this season - Liverpool are the experts in throwing away money as proven again this season!

Shame Spurs didn't beat Chelsea but it was a professional job by them, beating them on new year probably didn't help us!

Balo and Lovren are the only ones who have disappointed at this moment in time and I hold out some hope for them both.

Are they? You'd know better than me but that Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela didn't even play, how much did they cost? Adebayor, is he still there?
  • Upvote 3

It was obvious from the commentary that they were clearly in the middle of a thrilling game when I turned the TV on just now, and saw a snippet of the Liverpool U21s V Chelsea U21s:

*several seconds of silence*
"You've got to give credit to the groundsman"
*another long silence*
"The pitch is in lovely condition"
*lengthy pause*
"Here at Chesterfield" (or possibly somewhere else)
*more silence*

Are they? You'd know better than me but that Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela didn't even play, how much did they cost? Adebayor, is he still there?

He's talking nonsense, Chadli has improved I guess to the point that he's occasionally useful and Eriksen has done well for the most part (especially considering his age), but the others have all been varying degrees of awful. Lamela good in flashes I guess, he's improved under Poch but has hardly set the league alight.

Good Spurs players are Lloris, Bentaleb, Eriksen. Maybe Kane too but it's still possible he's the 2K15 version of Marcus Stewart.