Jump to content
bradigor

Easy Allies - They have like this set number of times that they have to keep sneezing.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Where’s their bloody GOTY!?

 

They released it last week.. along with a vid of their 6 hours of deliberation

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A look behind the scenes showing the amount of work it took setting up the new EZA HQ. Pros coming in for the handiwork and Ian being a wizard (as usual) with all the tech stuff. I hope it's just onwards and upwards for the Allies from here. :)

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe how off the mark Damiani was on this week's podcast regarding Apex Legends. That thing will make more revenue for Respawn than TiFa 1 and 2 combined

 

I absolutely love the Titanfall series but I think it's delusional to expect Respawn to somehow find CoD-like success on the third entry in the series. I mean when has that ever happened in any franchise? I can't think of one in any case. They were both amazing shooters but struggled with player retention for a multitude of reasons and while it's a shame we might not get another sequel, Respawn have only just gotten started and I'm just glad we're going to get even more fantastic games from them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's just pissed he wanted Titanfall 3 but got Apex Legends instead. Toys out of the pram...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If respawn become much more popular and well known off the back of Apex then it will make it more likely people will check out Titanfall 2 and increase the potential audience for a third game 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broker said:

If respawn become much more popular and well known off the back of Apex then it will make it more likely people will check out Titanfall 2 and increase the potential audience for a third game 

 

For sure. Even if they announced a new Titanfall tomorrow the hype would be so much bigger than it was this time last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it'll come in time, but Im not entirely convinced by the studio setup. The main big studio looks very corporate and not really fitting with the Easy Allies vibe I'm used to. Also, it's just not a space I'm seeing much of - it seems to be used solely for podcasting and we'll, I listen to those and not watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Broker said:

If respawn become much more popular and well known off the back of Apex then it will make it more likely people will check out Titanfall 2 and increase the potential audience for a third game 

 

They could add a single player campaign or whatever else they want as paid DLC to Apex Lengends I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I'm sure it'll come in time, but Im not entirely convinced by the studio setup. The main big studio looks very corporate and not really fitting with the Easy Allies vibe I'm used to. Also, it's just not a space I'm seeing much of - it seems to be used solely for podcasting and we'll, I listen to those and not watch.

 

My reaction was the same when I watched the studio tour. One thing that Easy Allies benefited from (and seemed to embrace) moving from the studio glitz of GameTrailers to Jones' garage was a sort of DIY charm that worked well and implied a genuine passion for their subject matter over being media people behind news desks. I wonder if they just feel a bit more legitimate and professional with this kind of environment given their previous careers/circles. 

 

This isn't an underhanded way of saying that that implication was false and that they're just whores of some kind, or that it's all over; I think their hearts are in the right place. I'm just not sure it need look quite so professional/corporate and that they may have got too excited by how impressive a setup they could make.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I feel the same. It looks a bit early 00’s nightclub cheap too, at least add the logo behind them or something.

 

Oh well, it’s all work in progress I guess. I like that they’ve recreated a cosier feeling elsewhere like the streaming room and they do seem aware that’s what people were most concerned about losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t understand why they have a huge, ugly pillar right behind them. Surely they could have designed the set better?

 

The audio is also terrible, especially Ian’s in the booth. 

 

In terms of production quality it’s not really any better than what they had before, but it does give them a proper space that isn’t someone’s garage. It seems like it might encourage more group streams too, like Huber and Damiani trying to get S+ Rank in RE2 together on stream (with Jones popping in later), or Huber and Ian streaming Apex Legends together when it launched. If it does lead to more group streaming then I’m all for it as I find solo streams to be incredibly boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

 

My reaction was the same when I watched the studio tour. One thing that Easy Allies benefited from (and seemed to embrace) moving from the studio glitz of GameTrailers to Jones' garage was a sort of DIY charm that worked well and implied a genuine passion for their subject matter over being media people behind news desks. I wonder if they just feel a bit more legitimate and professional with this kind of environment given their previous careers/circles. 

 

This isn't an underhanded way of saying that that implication was false and that they're just whores of some kind, or that it's all over; I think their hearts are in the right place. I'm just not sure it need look quite so professional/corporate and that they may have got too excited by how impressive a setup they could make.

 

Entirely agree with the legitimacy aspect - they just need to bring across more of their cosy image! It almost seems like they've just recreated Game Trailers, maybe because that's what they know, but that image was not something I ever warmed to. It was Kyle Bosman show which was very 1-2-1 and it was only after EZA that I really started to notice the other personalities.

 

Streaming wise, Kyle again in his flat is the best stream going and wouldn't want to loose that either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.