rllmuk
bradigor

Easy Allies - The Prettiest Eyes

By the way, they added an extra tier to their Patreon (which was quickly met) for the bizarre goal of having Kyle make a web series of little paper puppets involved in a game called "Box Peek"

I'm not sure whether this idea is genius, or whether Kyle is just having an extended nervous breakdown. But it should be entertaining either way!

• Upvote 3

On 20/05/2017 at 22:00, Kevvy Metal said:

I love EZA but Damiani is a complete idiot.  

It's almost like they needed to fill out the numbers and roped in a random mall rat hanging outside Electronics Boutique. 

His attempt to explain what a Sprite was was hilarious... and generally he comes across like an entitled child. 

So glad someone else feels this. I really like everyone else but he's such a whiny bastard.

I don't think Damiani is there to fill out the numbers per-se, more that the team need some production people and I think he fits that role. The fact he is bad in front of the camera is just a bit, erm, unfortunate.

I think it's joint between Ian and Brandon for EZA MVP. Ian is crazy quick at editing and creates lots of interesting content, leads Fiasconauts, and generally adds a lot everywhere. Brandon though is basically running all the financial stuff, sponsors, all voice over work, writing reviews, and lending his personal space. 

27 minutes ago, Broker said:

So glad someone else feels this. I really like everyone else but he's such a whiny bastard.

I can't fucking stand him. He's a fully humourless individual too. 

Watching the last Nintendo podcast, with them reminiscing about Nintendo's Gamecube and Gameboy Advanced era was excellent as always until the talk moved to the connectivity between the two systems using that connection cable. 

My god is Damiani an idiot... just descends into minutes of him bellowing about how Nintendo "failed" during that generation because they couldn't come up with anything good with that system. He's completely missing the point that this was simply an option extra that Nintendo didn't even need to incorporate... and there's were several games such as Four Swords Adventures that offer something new using the link system. 

Brad is also a sniveling little shit, but the rest of the guys are some of my favourite commentators in the Video-game scene. They're all great, Jones, Bosman, Blood, Iain Hinck and Ben.. and I love Huber's enthusiasm which is a breath of fresh air in a pursuit where most of it's enthusiasts think endlessly moaning and cynicism makes them somehow clever and discerning. 

6 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I don't think Damiani is there to fill out the numbers per-se, more that the team need some production people and I think he fits that role. The fact he is bad in front of the camera is just a bit, erm, unfortunate.

His reviews are also shit, like the Breath of the Wind one. 

I also found it hilarious in a recent podcast where they reminded him that he included the final boss in a GT video review of an older Pokemon game. He was unapologetic about it. Because he's a dickhead. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah they basically got Comicbook Guy to join Easy Allies.

Bosman seems to think he's great though. I wonder if from an editorial point of view he thinks he's a good addition "let's now hear from the entitled moaning side of the community..."

I think Kyle loves him because he's always excited to hear different viewpoints. Damiani often says things he'd never even think of which you can see he finds exciting. Because he's awesome.

• Upvote 1

I think Ben is my favourite. Ian is too attractive to be likeable. I like Blood I just want to see him be bit more comfortable in his surrounding.

Damiani is my favourite. He's a proper hater sometimes but then loves other things just way too much. 

I only tend to watch their podcast and then the odd thing around presentations and the game awards. 

I have to admit that Damiani is my least favourite Ally, but one of the things I like about the group is how diverse they are (despite all being white men). I mean, I can't imagine Ian and Damiani ever interacting outside of this group. So, while I think he can be infuriating sometimes, I do think he is an asset tot he group.

• Upvote 2

I'm not a fan of Damiani either. Yes, he offers a different opinion but I'm not convinced it's one worth listening to. One recent moment that really annoyed me was during the NBA Playgrounds tuesday night stream. After losing, Damiani has a strop about the controls and says that he wants to tweet the developers about how they can fix their game (because obviously he's the type of gamer that knows everything and can go and educate the developers on how to make good games), wanders off camera and starts playing Mario Kart on his Switch. Not only does he stop interacting with everything but he stops updating the stream with player info. I'm glad Kyle called him out on it, even though Damiani shrugged it off because he's a man child. 

It puts me in a shit position because I want to contribute to their Patreon but I don't want to pay Damiani anything. I really like everyone else though. Ian has moments where he's a bit frustrating (largely because he's so hypocritical about Souls and why he likes those games vs those he doesn't) but I usually like him. He's also clearly smart and is usually capable of articulating his point really well. 

18 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Brad is also a sniveling little shit

:o

I must be missing some monumental thing that happened because I'm not sure why anyone would describe Brad as a snivelling little shit. He's especially good on Tabletop Escapades; his characters relationship with Kyle's is amazing. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Radish said:

:o

I must be missing some monumental thing that happened because I'm not sure why anyone would describe Brad as a snivelling little shit. He's especially good on Tabletop Escapades; his characters relationship with Kyle's is amazing. 

Maybe it's a bit harsh, but I don't ever see him adding much apart from the odd moany quip edged in sideways. It's usually negative and not very constructive. 

5 hours ago, gospvg said:

E3 is nearly here :omg:

Huber & Kyle are the two I enjoy the most.

Man, that was so good! Huber's enthusiasm is infectious haha. I love how he genuinely gets nervous or excited simply based on other people's predictions. :lol:

That man is a hype fiend. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, gospvg said:

As much as I can't stand Damiani, his "E3 Dream" here is an excellent idea. I would be so hyped if what he "predicted" came true. 

In saying that, both Brandon Jones and Kyle Bosman won this little thing. Both of their ideas are incredible. 

• Upvote 3

On 2017-5-26 at 08:00, gospvg said:

3:53 onwards. Brad (and Jones) just made me a fan for life! I liked, subscribed, and I'm donating as we speak. Excellent stuff. This is EXACTLY what I've been wishing for, same developer and all. LET'S FUCKING DO THIS :omg:

I will fight anyone who disagrees or calls Brad shit. Literally. I will book a ticket, fly to the UK, ring your doorbell and punch you :D

• Upvote 6