rllmuk
bradigor

Easy Allies - The Prettiest Eyes

1 hour ago, krenzler said:

And please back them - even if it's just for $1. 

Watching this weeks podcast (as a $5 backer) and it's just so good.

Yeah I very rarely watch/listen to any podcasts.. but these guys are essential viewing/listening. 

Been a Patron for a number of months now, money well spent.

Looking forward to their one year anniversary stuff too. 

• Upvote 2

Brandon at 55 mins in - amazing. And Bosman is great at writing those deceptively simple sounding lyrics ("If you show up 8 times out of 10, you're already there for me, more than any human friend!") Top marks all around. Love and respect!

11 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yikes, I like EZA as much as the next guy but I had to skip through that EZA in Concert video. That was dreadful. 

Some of it was poor I agree but I enjoyed Kyle's song & Damiani history lesson.

48 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yikes, I like EZA as much as the next guy but I had to skip through that EZA in Concert video. That was dreadful. 

Some parts were pretty terrible, but I like that they try and push themselves out of their comfort zone, and try new things.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was going to be like a James Martin live show, a bit of cooking, a few stories about corporate gigs, finish up with a rousing guitar solo with Ainsleigh Harriot on bass.

4 minutes ago, VN1X said:

The latest regular podcast was basically a Nintendo-only podcast. :P

The above podcast is more positive than the regular podcast  which is another 'OMG Nintendo Why ! Session' :lol:

• Upvote 1

I loved their Scorpio coverage the week before.. Way out of their comfort zone chatting about the specs but being totally honest about the fact too. 

Really cant wait for their coverage of E3 this year! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, U-1 said:

I loved their Scorpio coverage the week before.. Way out of their comfort zone chatting about the specs but being totally honest about the fact too. 

Really cant wait for their coverage of E3 this year! 

Oh man I hated that. Absolutely clueless and no sign they'd even bothered to try seeing what some of the stuff revealed meant. 

See the recent bombcast (ep99 I think) for how a games journalist covers that topic properly. 

Love their enthusiasm but the whole oh it's so technical we don't understand heee hee schtick that week was annoying. 

Coupled with Kyle saying the other week that he just wasn't interested in MS stuff was disappointing. I get they're just a bunch of guys enjoying gaming on whatever their current console of choice is but they need to remember they're games journalists too. Compare to the bombcast guys again who state what their personal preference is but have said a few times that they do buy hardware just because their job requires it. 

Anyhoo. Still yet to listen the latest podcast.  I'm going to guess the purple platypi are going to fall further behind. Those poor bastards. 

To be fair (and this is a discussion best suited for a new thread) but console specs are superduper uninteresting and useless in my opinion. Let alone to compare and contrast said specs to earlier iterations of the console hardware or that of a PC even. 

Consoles are only as good as the games that you get to play on them. The fact that the Scorpio is apparently the most powerful console ever known to man is cute but ultimately means nothing when a console like the Switch or my 6 year old PC are home to some of the greatest games of all time. 

I guess the XB1 has Forza? Maybe you can count Gears and Halo as well but those franchises seem way past their prime and by the numbers now from what I can tell.

This is not me going "lol xbox has no games" btw but merely stating that an upgrade in hardware isn't going to miraculously turn it into the best place to play exclusive titles. So far MS have been spectacularly behind the curve in that department. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Oh man I hated that. Absolutely clueless and no sign they'd even bothered to try seeing what some of the stuff revealed meant. 

See the recent bombcast (ep99 I think) for how a games journalist covers that topic properly. 

Love their enthusiasm but the whole oh it's so technical we don't understand heee hee schtick that week was annoying. 

Coupled with Kyle saying the other week that he just wasn't interested in MS stuff was disappointing. I get they're just a bunch of guys enjoying gaming on whatever their current console of choice is but they need to remember they're games journalists too. Compare to the bombcast guys again who state what their personal preference is but have said a few times that they do buy hardware just because their job requires it. 

Anyhoo. Still yet to listen the latest podcast.  I'm going to guess the purple platypi are going to fall further behind. Those poor bastards. 

To me though it was just them being honest.. There are plenty of other broadcasters who cover it in technical detail, just because they are game journalists doesn't mean they should have to fully understand all the specs especially when presented in such a dry manner.

They acknowledged that having digital foundry handle the unveiling was the best move. I'd prefer they did that than either pretend to understand what the specs actually meant, or fake interest.

It's not necessarily anti-MS, they were equally disinterested when it came to the PS Pro reveal.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Yeah they did. They came to the conclusion it meant fuck all unless the games are there.

and eight waffles. 

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah they did. They came to the conclusion it meant fuck all unless the games are there.

and eight waffles. 

Was six waffles wasn't it?

I love EZA but Damiani is a complete idiot.  

It's almost like they needed to fill out the numbers and roped in a random mall rat hanging outside Electronics Boutique. 

His attempt to explain what a Sprite was was hilarious... and generally he comes across like an entitled child. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I love EZA but Damiani is a complete idiot.  

It's almost like they needed to fill out the numbers and roped in a random mall rat hanging outside Electronics Boutique. 

His attempt to explain what a Sprite was was hilarious... and generally he comes across like an entitled child. 

Yeah he's awful really. Neogaf personified lol. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yeah he's awful really. Neogaf personified lol. 

I'm also not much of a fan of Bradley Ellis. He doesn't really seem to add much and just adds in the odd moany quip like he's the EZA Richard Hammond... but the rest of them are great! I'm particularly a fan of Ben Moore, always a great moderator on Frame Trap and a very eloquently spoken chap. 

The dialog from Moore couldn't be more at odds with the verbal diarrhoea that spews forth from Damiani.  

• Upvote 4