rllmuk
bradigor

Easy Allies - The Prettiest Eyes

On 29-10-2016 at 12:51, gospvg said:

Agreed, I've tried listening to other groups like KindaFunny but nothing is as good as this group of people.

Yeah I usually only listen to Giant Bomb's podcast and occasionally a bit of Kinda Funny as well but EZA's podcast is quickly becoming my favourite. Kyle does a great job as a host and has his stuff well prepared. It just goes!

The difference compared to GB is glaring, where instead of just talking about themselves constantly they're actually excited (and not as cynical, yet) about the medium as a whole. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It was good to see him on the couch co-hosting, he seems a bit nervous at times (ps1 fighting game section) but I think that will get better.

There list is very, very good.. and matches my own quite close. 

Top three spoilers - 

Uncharted 4, FFXV and Last Guardian are right up there for me. Prob all top 5. 

I notice there's no mention of Gears 4. It's loads and loads better than I expected.  

Do all the great bits of clips of guys sitting around (inc Bosman) in a studio having great discussions about games that Crowbcat uses in his videos come from Easy Allies? 

I remember watching them react live to The Last Guardians reveal. 

Is that a different group? 

Where should i start with Easy Allies? 

5 hours ago, Punished Smitty said:

Are they more designed for viewing? 

I would say yes because you get to see the reactions of the presenters but Kyle does a good job of describing anything that happens for audio only listeners.

Nah I just listen every week and it's great.

Also Frame Trap by the same guys for a more in-depth "what are you playing?" type chat. But I rarely get to the end of that one as they're quite long.

On 12/01/2017 at 00:59, Punished Smitty said:

Do all the great bits of clips of guys sitting around (inc Bosman) in a studio having great discussions about games that Crowbcat uses in his videos come from Easy Allies? 

Their E3 betting special is a good place to start, followed by "The Trial of Kyle Bosman". From there, as suggested above just catch up on all of their Weekly Podcasts and Frame Trap. 

On 1/12/2017 at 00:59, Punished Smitty said:

Yeah, all those clips are from Gametrailers' various programmes/podcasts they made. Gametrailers got shut down in April of last year, but the remaining team resurrected themselves as a Patreon-funded outfit called Easy Allies. It's still early days for them, so that's why they're a bit more ramshackle than they used to be and operate out of one of the team's garage. But the spirit is still there.

As for where to start, just jump in and watch their most recent chat shows like the Podcast and Frame Trap. You can watch them on Youtube, or listen to them as audio podcasts, personally I prefer to watch. The only "catching up" I suggest you do is to watch the betting specials which both GT and EZA have done for E3 and similar events. I think that this is a fairly authoritative collection of the GT betting specials and as for EZA, you're probably best off searching for "easy allies bets" and working it out from there. There aren't many since it's only been a year, but they have ramped up the betting in that time. 

I've started getting into them a bit more as i need something else to watch now, but the Youtube channel doesn't really seem to get much content. Do they just not release much or is it exclusive to Patreon backers and hosted elsewhere? I've noticed that most of the game streams seem to stay on Twitch as VODs, but is that about it?

38 minutes ago, Radish said:

I've started getting into them a bit more as i need something else to watch now, but the Youtube channel doesn't really seem to get much content. Do they just not release much or is it exclusive to Patreon backers and hosted elsewhere? I've noticed that most of the game streams seem to stay on Twitch as VODs, but is that about it?

They have an easy allies play channel for game streams, content on their main channel is fairly regular. I only just watch the weekly podcast & any reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7O6Onu0lBcwZ8t-YMgGcw