rllmuk
bradigor

Easy Allies - The Prettiest Eyes

32 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

They're games industry people commenting on game industry news.  I'd expect at least for them to find out what it was. 

Yeah fair enough. 

I guess it's pretty understandable in this case though as it's a new thing that uses the exact same name as an old thing. So they thought they knew what it was already.

49 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

How is he weaselling out of the bet?

the bet was to make him finish zelda 3 as its hubers fave while bosman hates it.  so he's streaming a speedrun of it. Im not impressed at all, every year kyle finds a way to weasel out of his forfeits, if I had money in the EZA patreon id be a less than thrilled aswell. a mate thinks its a genius troll, I see it as someone who wont back up his bets.

i love kyle, i just wish he'd stop the welching and play it in good humour, he doesnt need to do SS again. he's genuinely costing EZA because people are pulling their monthly subs

• Downvote 7

he was told if he lost the bet to tweet out that he's playing zelda 3, over 3 sessions, hashtag masterpiece each time, and so far he's done:

• session 1 - tweeted out, created a save and then quit immediately
  • session 2 - tweeted out, found the speed run from SGDQ 2015 and set it off in the corner of his screen and played skyward sword, while fending off people on chat complaining about him bottling out on the bet
  • session 3 - TBC

So he's just watching someone else do a speedrun of it? Or rather, ignoring that in the corner of the screen while playing something else? Makes a bit of a mockery of it but then I'm sure nothing adds overall views like a load of people on the internet getting the monk on about something that's ultimately not that important.

15 minutes ago, stefcha said:

So he's just watching someone else do a speedrun of it? Or rather, ignoring that in the corner of the screen while playing something else? Makes a bit of a mockery of it but then I'm sure nothing adds overall views like a load of people on the internet getting the monk on about something that's ultimately not that important.

He put it in the corner of the screen while he played another Zelda game, as the bet didn't stipulate he needed to play the game simply stream it. Personally I found it amusing.

32 minutes ago, JPickford said:

What does streaming a speed run mean?   Someone else playing it?

He broadcast a video of someone else completing the game in the shortest time possible.

So they're being dicks to each other and because one guy hasn't been pedantically precise the other guy is using that to pretend like he didn't know what was meant and so uses that to get round the spirit of it, thus causing outrage. They should post here, they'd fit right in!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Angel paints a VERY different picture from VN1X.  

whats to paint? he promised he'd finish zelda 3 SNES  over 3 sessions on twitch, and instead he's streamed someone else doing a speed run.

7 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

God, imagine with everything going on in the world, getting wound up about someone promising to speed run a Nintendo game.

I hate when people try to play this card - apart from some die hards on gaf, no one's devastatingly wound up, only simply expressing opinion on someone doing a thing.  Last year he promised to do 1 hours stand up, lost his bets, so he printed out a list of shit jokes and read them out slowly (and repeated them) over an hour. He welches his bets, and it irritates some fans..who are now the people funding the whole thing. Its a risky move.

13 minutes ago, angel said:

He welches his bets, and it irritates some fans..who are now the people funding the whole thing. Its a risky move.

And entertains the people that aren't pissbabies and probably ends up with more funding in the end.

• Upvote 3

he didnt promise anything.

he signed a contract saying he would stream a complete playthrough, which is what he did. the idea was obviously that he should play it, but thats not what was actually stated.

wriggling out of the bets is part of the fun.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

You do all know the whole thing is bants for fun?

no mate i've only been watching GT since before started there (2010 ish). he always does it with his bets and for once i'd like to see him just play the game.

13 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

wriggling out of the bets is part of the fun.

Definitely. I only watched the videos to see how he would wriggle out of them this year. I have no interest in seeing him actually play Zelda 3 through to completion.

• Upvote 1

they stream all sorts of shit for hours, hearthstone etc, it would have been funny to see him whinge about zelda 3 and maybe even like some bits of it.  even have a solution to hand, anythings better than a window in the corner running a youtube video while he plays skyward sword.  just play 3!

49 minutes ago, angel said:

I hate when people try to play this card - apart from some die hards on gaf, no one's devastatingly wound up, only simply expressing opinion on someone doing a thing.  Last year he promised to do 1 hours stand up, lost his bets, so he printed out a list of shit jokes and read them out slowly (and repeated them) over an hour. He welches his bets, and it irritates some fans..who are now the people funding the whole thing. Its a risky move.

Alright mate, settle down, jeez!!

You're both saying the same thing anyway, but with angel's addition of spending a weird amount of time describing just how wound up by it all he isn't. 

• Upvote 3

If you pull your Patreon donation because Bosman is obviously doing this for -you know- entertainment then you're most likely a fucking cunt who does not deserve the effort that they put in.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

If you pull your Patreon donation because Bosman is obviously doing this for -you know- entertainment then you're most likely a fucking cunt who does not deserve the effort that they put in.  

you can be as idealistic as you like but people are doing it.

As someone with limited interest in Easy Allies this threads really weird. If you don't enjoy what you're paying for then you're a "fucking cunt"? Ok... If you disagree with VN1X;s opinion on whether the stream thing is entertaining and not someone backing out of a bet you need to "shut the fuck up"? Ok... 

It's even worse than the Giant Bomb Fan Club thread :D

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Radish said:

As someone with limited interest in Easy Allies this threads really weird. If you don't enjoy what you're paying for then you're a "fucking cunt"? Ok... If you disagree with VN1X;s opinion on whether the stream thing is entertaining and not someone backing out of a bet you need to "shut the fuck up"? Ok... 

It's even worse than the Giant Bomb Fan Club thread :D

Fuck off you massive twat! 

• Downvote 1

Huber's contract stated that Kyle had to "stream a complete playthrough" of LTTP, the joke is that Kyle noticed that it doesn't technically stipulate that Kyle has to actually play that playthrough himself, so he just pulled up a YouTube video of speedrun of the game and ran it in the corner while he played Skyward Sword, the game most likely to annoy people.

It's a funny joke. People like angel are crazy, though that should be no surprise as he has now got to the point that he now thinks that literally anyone who receives money to be involved in video games in any capacity is the worst kind of devil and part of a world-spanning conspiracy to do something or other.

• Upvote 5