rllmuk
strider

The Great British Bird Hunt

Great photos as always. There are quite a lot of butterflies (and moths) on the wing at the mo so if you get any shots of unfamiliar ones do post them up too! Nice Speckled Wood there. One of the commonest butterflies these days after a rapid increase in the last few decades.

I'm not great on them but like everything, practice makes perfect.

They are amazing birds. Never seen one in the wild before and it was incredibly exciting to watch it chase after the other birds. It's unfortunately a 100% crop as it was so far away. Still, I't gives me a chance to get better in the future.

I do think they are lovely birds, but you see them absolutely everywhere in dorset.

I think I'm going to have to up my game going forward, as it is getting harder and harder to find new species.

How have I only just seen this?! What a great idea, we went to a log cabin in North Wales a few weeks back and it was really nice just to sit with some binoculars and look at the birds.