Mr Do 71

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

I sold this after finishing it as there was no real replay value.

Co-op should’ve been there from the start, and the decision to add DLC to CT instead of one of the high profile multiplayer titles is a head-scratcher. 

By “high profile multiplayer titles”, what do you mean? Smash? Splatoon? Mario Aces? ARMS? Because they all had DLC.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deKay said:

By “high profile multiplayer titles”, what do you mean? Smash? Splatoon? Mario Aces? ARMS? Because they all had DLC.

Paid DLC.

Splatoon and Smash had a roadmap at launch and Splatoon has received paid DLC. There are other first party titles I would’ve thought could use some paid DLC rather than CT. So... Odyssey, Party, Aces, MK8D, ARMS could all use more content if they’re expected to tide us over until their next-gen iterations (I expect there’ll be an Odyssey 2 instead).

As @PyramidFace says - must be cheap for them to produce CT content but this is quite some time after launch and nobody was really asking for it, as was evident by this dead thread.

I doubt they've added extra content at the expense of ignoring the titles you mention, perhaps they're trying to encourage more sales of those who've already played the Wii U or 3DS versions but without any big overheads.

You're saying no one asked for it but if it stimulates sales of an already lower priced title then job done. 

It also means they can turn the game plus DLC into the only version of the game available and continue to sell it at full price. They did this with NSMBU + NLU on the WiiU eShop.

I’m now considering buying it for Switch having owned, played and sold the Wii U version a while back. So they’re on the cusp of suckering at least one cunt with the co-op and the new levels. It’s also on sale via the eShop at the minute. Fucking “hmmm.”

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

I’m now considering buying it for Switch having owned, played and sold the Wii U version a while back. So they’re on the cusp of suckering at least one cunt with the co-op and the new levels. It’s also on sale via the eShop at the minute. Fucking “hmmm.”

I've just re-bought it in the sale despite owning and selling the Wii-U version.

So that's two cunts coerced by co-op.

• Upvote 1

You can't imagine how happy I was to have cleared book 1, and left it on the shelf for a bit for a time I could play it a bit more with the missus. I'm gladly going to buy the DLC for this!

Finished the 3 books, with 3 jewels and the tick on each one, couldn’t be arsed doing the fastest time or toad sticker for each course as that’s just an effort in frustration. 

Now there’s a whole new book with Mario Odyssey inspired courses. Purchase warranted. 

• Upvote 1