Mr Do 71

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

I also want my postman to ring the doorbell, shout 'Wah!' in my face, throw the parcel in the air and have it float there for me to jump up and grab it, spinning as I do so before holding it triumphantly above my head.

I'm a 6'6" 35 year old.

• Upvote 9

Which isn't unusual, especially given the time of year. The unusual bit is why didn't they want it shipping pre-xmas in the first place and who made the decision to change it and why?

I imagine it was so that they could hold on to their policy of having 1 game out each month in 2015, if this is released Monday, what is going to be their January release?

Unsurprisingly my order at Zavvi is still "processing" but when I go through their archaic cancellation process it's listed as "awaiting stock pick". Probably a lie to stop me actually cancelling the order. Shame as I have some points at ShopTo so could have got it from there. It's now top of their charts because of the early shipping news.

Just got a copy from argos on cheapside, so looks like all of their stores are now selling it

I managed to grab one from my local Argos. They only had one! Clicked and collected, but I never got a code emailed. Luckily customer services sorted it :-)

post-12208-14190114169509_thumb.jpg

Can't beat a bit of Nintendo magic at Christmas :D

Just got an email from Game Collection and they aren't getting copies until the 29th.

I think I'll be alright though, too many games at the moment.

Tomorrow morning I am flying to Japan to start a three-week holiday which promises to be amazing. Shinkansen, trips to ancient temple towns, feeding wild deer in Nara, going to Universal Studios on Christmas Eve, an all you can eat crab day at an onsen resort, shopping for electronics, and some winter sports thrown in too. The only downer about this trip is that I really want to play Captain Toad's game. It looks exactly the sort of software that keeps me buying Nintendo consoles: full of imagination and pitched perfectly to children and adults alike. The first thing I am doing when I get home is ripping the packaging of this game and playing it for hours with a massive dopey grin on my face.

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow morning I am flying to Japan to start a three-week holiday which promises to be amazing. Shinkansen, trips to ancient temple towns, feeding wild deer in Nara, going to Universal Studios on Christmas Eve, an all you can eat crab day at an onsen resort, shopping for electronics, and some winter sports thrown in too. The only downer about this trip is that I really want to play Captain Toad's game. It looks exactly the sort of software that keeps me buying Nintendo consoles: full of imagination and pitched perfectly to children and adults alike. The first thing I am doing when I get home is ripping the packaging of this game and playing it for hours with a massive dopey grin on my face.

If only the Wii U game pad could be used for wifi remote play like the vita! Or even just increase the range so I can play in bed....

I could, but it'd just be the odd time I wanted to play in bed, ie: Sunday morning wind waker :-) Remote play on the ps vita is awkward. It's not got enough buttons. The Wii U pad is perfect, but not got the range or wifi connectivity like the vita :-(

They should make their next portable designed around the wii u pad and make it remote play with the wii u. Would be awesome.

Seeing all the happiness in here is heartwarming. But this title should have been a cast iron Christmas title. Instead, it's turned into a mad rush for people to source copies in time for the big day. Sheer stupidity from Nintendo.

• Upvote 4