rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Splatoon - "Go ahead... Make a mess"

You'll notice it happening a lot more on ranked.

Not at the *%&$ing rate I get disconnected. I'd have been level 10 days ago if I could actually finish more than 1 game in 5.

Had one crap out today just as the 'stop splatting' tapes came over the screen - so an entire game for nothing. Looked like we'd stormed it, too.

Ace to play against various rllmuk people tonight. Mr Pranny is a painting monster.

I just reached level 20 :omg: .

Celebrated by adding a slot to my shoes. Might well be back on soon.

You constantly get everything thrown at you in the higher ranked battles. Every weapon, every special, all together at once in an insane explosion of ink. There are times when I'm not sure if the game can keep up and understand what's going on. I know I can't. Nothing is truly overpowered in this mode. On the bastard scale I think snipers have risen to the top. Once a competent one finds the perfect spot it's grudge time.

Yeah its a whole different type of game, more akin to classic shooters where shooting people is much more the objective in order to win. Not sure I like it so much, certainly until we can matchmake and select a rounded team. Random teams makes it not so serviceable as a mode I feel. And you dont have the satisfaction of having really planned anything before hand and your tactics paid off because its random who youre with. Slightly different complaint to loadout changes which I dont feel we need. I think its good that you have to work with what you have for any given map. That may sound like the same thing but its not, it just means your role in the group changes according to the terrain. And everyine else adjusts accordingly. If you could change loadouts between round and had martchmaking you'd end up with everyone choosing the "ideal " weapon for that particular map, and there would be too little randomness. Its a balance. Its confusing. I know what I mean.

Well now, here's a thing; I decided to switch weapons, to try out the roller with the Kraken Special.

Haven't had a disconnection since.

So I reckon one problem is the bottleneck that is my upload speed, 400- ish Kbit/s. If I choose a weapon with a high firing rate I must end up saturating the connection with information on all those drops of ink I'm spraying about.

I suspect made worse if everyone has weapons that generate a ton of spatter to track - in fact, the games tonight were really heavy on the rollers; ended up on one team of 4, and two teams with three.

I'll have to try some of the slower guns out, too; the sniper-stylee rifle might be worth a punt.

I've clawed my way to level 10 and played Rank battles for the first time. Its brilliant! I seemed to do ok as well. Still C- but at the high end after 4 games. Weapon of choice in RB for me is the N-Zap. i seem to be picking off rollers with ease. Can't wait for the extra maps and the ability to create groups etc. And i'm not missing voice chat. It seems everyone knows what to do when defending the splat zones. Top game :)

There are so many wonderful and satisfying little gameplay moments in this, but I do particularly love tapping an inkstrike launch right before the the match ends. Then looking down at the map after the timer has run out to watch it splat a lovely big circle over the opposition's paint before the percentage coverage is calculated.

Also a neat tactic with a last-minute Kraken special, especially on the warehouse map. And you tend to come up deep in enemy territory so any remaining time spent rollering after you surface is doubly effective.

Was great playing with some of the mukkers earlier, Pranny and Fatsam just as good as on mario kart. I was looking for the 'so unfair!' button. I'm using motion controls! Good games!

I was crap tonight. Not as crap as Scott, but still crap. Rgraves virtually unstoppable.

I did have a good run tonight (at one point it was just me and one other player in a match (we had two folks score 0) and we still only lost by about 3%!). But then on the flip-side I had 5 minutes where I also just seemed to be cannon fodder for FatSam who popped up everywhere I went and had me cursing my lack of reactions at hitting the 'release the kraken' button!
  • Upvote 1

Was great playing with some of the mukkers earlier, Pranny and Fatsam just as good as on mario kart. I was looking for the 'so unfair!' button. I'm using motion controls! Good games!

Think I was in a few of those turf wars, up until which I thought I was actually quite good at the game. One of the matches against Pranny I remember losing, they covered over 80% of the map, and I only managed about 350 points.

Splat Zones is brilliant... I seem to be better at that than I am at Turf Wars

(relatively speaking mind - I'm still shite in general)

Did you have somebody else with you at one point last night? You were scoring about 3-500 all the time, then in one match you suddenly shot up to 950. I figured you'd let one of the kids have a go :lol:
  • Upvote 1

Did you have somebody else with you at one point last night? You were scoring about 3-500 all the time, then in one match you suddenly shot up to 950. I figured you'd let one of the kids have a go :lol:

I had reached the perfect balance of booze and gaming... after that it went all downhill again as the balance tipped towards booze.

• Upvote 2

Another new weapon today (or tomorrow depending on timezone):

The official Japanese Twitter account has confirmed that it's arriving at 11am Japanese time on 6th June. That's the exact same time as the previous content update - so there's a pattern - meaning that we can reasonably expect it in North America today at 7pm Pacific / 10pm Eastern, while it's the early hours of 6th June (3am UK / 4am CET) in Europe.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/606747561286696960/photo/1

CGuZsJ4UAAAY1X4.jpgCGuZr69UAAAc0sO.jpg

CGuZsLFUgAATF9b.jpgCGuZi4DUcAALqSr.jpg

WANT!!!!

• Upvote 2