IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

I am still on my first play through. I played about 3 divine beasts on Wii U, then lost my momentum. 

I restarted on switch last year and have now done 4 divine beasts and have about 80 shrines. Currently exploring and mopping up shrine quests before I head to the castle. 

Trying to get lots of armour upgrades too. 

So what would people say is the best Divine Beast? I really enjoyed the Gerudo one, seemed more complex than the others with its puzzles and more in line with the older games.  Hoping I’ve saved the best for last with Death Mountain though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 17:29, CrichStand said:

So what would people say is the best Divine Beast? I really enjoyed the Gerudo one, seemed more complex than the others with its puzzles and more in line with the older games.  Hoping I’ve saved the best for last with Death Mountain though.

the DLC one. No joke

On 26/01/2022 at 10:34, ZOK said:

I think I played BOTW more than any other single player game in my life.

Me too, and even if all I did was walk along it felt worthwhile, like I was achieving something. 

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party, but I just entered Hyrule Castle for the first time. Just wow. 

Also just found that korok 

Spoiler

Boiled egg 

I bounced pretty hard of this game the first time I played it, I think it may because I hade just finished Skyward Sword HD so I'm giving it another shot.

I have 1 question, probably a silly question but I will ask it anyway. If I lift a rock off the ground and find a lizard underneath is there a way to put the rock down and catch the critter before it runs off?

I need my elixirs!

On 26/01/2022 at 11:29, Fallows said:

Global illumination is the absolute tits. In comparison shots like this it looks subtle, almost to the extent of pointlessness. Much like comparing ray-tracing with well-produced pre-baked lighting.

Get the game in motion on your screen and play it for longer than four seconds and you'll be sold immediately. The way the light bounces around and creates the illusion of not really realism, but in the least definitely real lighting within a constructed world is in my opinion just as immersive as VR. I can't imagine playing Cyberpunk any other way, and to be honest I don't want to spoil BOTW by sampling all this stuff on my PC. There's just no going back at all.

If the image on the right in robdoods post is the raytraced one it looks pretty poor.

Looks very over done, reflected light from the grass shouldn't give everything at up to 3m height a highly noticeable green tinge that actually overpowers the base texture colour completely in some instances. 

3 hours ago, Mallet said:

I bounced pretty hard of this game the first time I played it, I think it may because I hade just finished Skyward Sword HD so I'm giving it another shot.

I have 1 question, probably a silly question but I will ask it anyway. If I lift a rock off the ground and find a lizard underneath is there a way to put the rock down and catch the critter before it runs off?

I need my elixirs!

Just press the A button again

22 hours ago, Mallet said:

I need my elixirs!

Yeah just keep pressing A whenever you pick up a rock and it will grab the critter

It's great ain't it? :)

Finished a couple of days ( for the third time ) ust after its 5th birthday, under 40 hours this time, not 100% by a long shot, think I was under 70 shrines down, but as you say, it holds up amazingly well and is just soooo much fun to pootle around in :)

Oooh, that fucking Lynel will rue the day he fucked up the Hero of Hyrule. 

But today is not that day.

However, on the plus side I nicked all his arrows and scarpered off the mountain.

Second Devine beast done, and I have made all Gorons happy.

I fucking love the Gorons. 

This game is doing its very best to climb onto the top of the ‘best game i’ve ever played’ ladder.

22 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Second Devine beast done, and I have made all Gorons happy.

I fucking love the Gorons. 

This game is doing its very best to climb onto the top of the ‘best game i’ve ever played’ ladder.

That’ll be because it’s one of the best games ever made!

6 hours ago, JoeK said:

BotW is my favourite game ever. I've been playing games since about 1980.

I find it eye-opening just how good the game is at making you really feel like you've been on a journey. The way they've played with verticality is so clever - that side trek to a shrine that you saw when standing on the top of a tower is always, always so much further away than you thought it was. And then you'll notice about ten other things on your way there that by the time you remember what it was you were supposed to be doing, you've most likely taken off the pin to mark the thing because you'd forgotten what it was anyway.

Anyway, I spent a fair few hours doing just that - did my first maze, which was great fun (I see there's at least another couple...). Met a whole load of people, but I suspect my absolute fave so far is the recurring appearance of the Rito  playing the accordian. He's awesome.

Plus, a doggie starting chasing his tail after I gave him some steak.

However, it's now time to journey on and have a chat with a bloke about a bird who's causing mischief.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Is that a gif showing the framerate?

It just slows down there so you can take in all of the sheer awesomeness of the moment.

Fucking stone Octopus thing. Almost made me shit myself when it jumped out on me. 

Not as much as the Hinox in those forest ruins though. Although in that case the Master sword came in handy.