rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

49 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

I don't think I'm alone in saying that the DLC was a little underwhelming.

The extra shrines and that were cool, but the main game is where the real magic is.

I thought the Divine Beast in the DLC was the best of all of them though

The Champions' Balad is better at what it does than the main game is at doing those same things. It's more in line with the consistent high quality of the dungeon stuff of previous 3D Zeldas, meaningfully adds to the story, and give me hope that the sequel will improve on the elements in Breath of the Wild that weren't quite up to the standard of previous games.

I loved it.

55 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

Anybody know if this group of stones has any significance? Sorry for the terrible photos from my phone. It’s northern Hebra, close to a enemy camp with a skull. 

wont it be a korok location?

On 24/10/2019 at 11:51, Fatsam said:

The Champions' Balad is better at what it does than the main game is at doing those same things. It's more in line with the consistent high quality of the dungeon stuff of previous 3D Zeldas, meaningfully adds to the story, and give me hope that the sequel will improve on the elements in Breath of the Wild that weren't quite up to the standard of previous games.

I loved it.

The actual Champion's Ballad quest annoys the fuck out of me. I hate one-hit kill stuff. I don't think I made it through one of the shrines, just frustrating nonsense where you kill a bunch of enemies and then get popped by a goddamn unseen Keese out of nowhere.

Can't see myself going back to that.

• Upvote 4

I know about sniping the fuckers off with arrows before you go in. It's just not fun. It's super tedious.

And then followed by an equally tedious shrine.

Presumably I'm not missing much by skipping it?

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Anybody care to share some interesting YouTube videos? I’ve played a lot of Zelda, but there’s loads of interesting things I don’t know. Don’t know where to start with YouTube!

The Champion's Ballad DLC Completion reward is something I really wish you could get earlier in the game.  Here's hoping the Sequel incorporates something like that from the start, perhaps starting limited & improving as you upgrade it, like Link's skills in this game?

I'm fighting Ganon.  Have been on and off for what feels like months.  I think I may have turned up slightly unprepared. Not many life potions and a Master Sword that needs recharging fairly soon into the fight. 

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

I'm fighting Ganon.  Have been on and off for what feels like months.  I think I may have turned up slightly unprepared. Not many life potions and a Master Sword that needs recharging fairly soon into the fight. 

Do the four Devine beasts

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jarik said:

The Champion's Ballad DLC Completion reward is something I really wish you could get earlier in the game.  Here's hoping the Sequel incorporates something like that from the start, perhaps starting limited & improving as you upgrade it, like Link's skills in this game?

No, I think it would have spoiled the game if you could tool about like a maniac from the get go.

49 minutes ago, ZOK said:

No, I think it would have spoiled the game if you could tool about like a maniac from the get go.

I agree with that, but as it is you have to go through a lot of the game & complete one of its toughest challenges to get it, which usually means you've gone through most of the game already & all that's left is mopping up some Shrines & Koroks.

IMO it would work as either a New Game + type feature, where after earning it in one game you can begin another & explore Hyrule in a different way or as built into a new type of game.

I still cling to my pet theory that the teaser trailer for the sequel ending with Hyrule Castle rising from the ground means that the next game is going to take place in the Sky, which would mean...

Loftwing Divine Beast! :wub:

7 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Oh I did.   I just suck at boss battles.  :)

But but calamity Ganon is a piece of piss compared to the other bosses

I had a few brief goes on this while hammering through Mario Odyssey and it wasn't grabbing me. Stuck in a huge field with no real idea what to do, weapons that fall apart immediately with no idea how to preserve them, having to keep eating to replenish as I've got no idea how you combat the cold. Went back to it after finishing Odyssey and got the four orbs for the old fella and he gave me a sail that lets me jump off the cliff edge and holy shit the huge field was only about 5% of the actual map size? Now I'm heading slowly in the direction of a village and investigating something over here, getting into scrapes over there and just seeing what's what. I get now that it just throws you in and tells you to go find the game yourself which I'm really not used to, but I'm all in now.

(Either that or there's a full tutorial mode that I walked straight past without realising, both possible)

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, wullie said:

I had a few brief goes on this while hammering through Mario Odyssey and it wasn't grabbing me. Stuck in a huge field with no real idea what to do, weapons that fall apart immediately with no idea how to preserve them, having to keep eating to replenish as I've got no idea how you combat the cold. Went back to it after finishing Odyssey and got the four orbs for the old fella and he gave me a sail that lets me jump off the cliff edge and holy shit the huge field was only about 5% of the actual map size? Now I'm heading slowly in the direction of a village and investigating something over here, getting into scrapes over there and just seeing what's what. I get now that it just throws you in and tells you to go find the game yourself which I'm really not used to, but I'm all in now.

(Either that or there's a full tutorial mode that I walked straight past without realising, both possible)

The plateau is the tutorial area. ;)

• Upvote 3

This is truly wonderful isn’t it?

I'm quite early on. Just had first flashback thingy and off to see the prince of the fish people. Before that though I’m just pottering around the sheika village cooking and doing side quests. 

one thing I am loving is the instant milestone warp with towers and shrines they’ve blatantly lifted from xenoblade. Makes flirting around doing side missions much easier. 

• Upvote 2

Found something new in the game today, it seems I broke Kass.

I did one of his Shrine quests before he told me about it, & although he acknowledged i’d already done it when I spoke to him, he then said he felt ‘felt a great danger approaching’.  When his dialogue finished & I walked away, he didn’t start playing again, just stood there staring straight ahead.  Curious about this (he’s never done this before, he always resumes playing once I get a few yards away) I went back & spoke to him again & he said: ‘it’s like you can see the future...” before resuming his staring straight ahead & not-playing.

So, a glitch in an NPC, or did I just give a Zelda character an existential crisis?

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Jarik said:

Found something new in the game today, it seems I broke Kass.

I did one of his Shrine quests before he told me about it, & although he acknowledged i’d already done it when I spoke to him, he then said he felt ‘felt a great danger approaching’.  When his dialogue finished & I walked away, he didn’t start playing again, just stood there staring straight ahead.  Curious about this (he’s never done this before, he always resumes playing once I get a few yards away) I went back & spoke to him again & he said: ‘it’s like you can see the future...” before resuming his staring straight ahead & not-playing.

So, a glitch in an NPC, or did I just give a Zelda character an existential crisis?

hahahaha - that sounds deliberate

What’s the best order to do the beasts in?

and how on earth do I upgrade my gear. I’m still wearing the crap from the start 10 hearts in.