The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

I’ve finally given up and used a guide today. Turns out that of the shrine quest chains is so obscure, I’d never have found it through normal searching :( 

I’ve managed 118/119 without a guide so far and think tomorrow is the day I completely break and try and locate the 120th. 

10 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I’ve finally given up and used a guide today. Turns out that of the shrine quest chains is so obscure, I’d never have found it through normal searching :( 

I’ve managed 118/119 without a guide so far and think tomorrow is the day I completely break and try and locate the 120th. 

Which one was it?

I spent months not having a shrine quest completed because I hadn't read a sign first, even though I'd done the actual shrine.

Spoiler

The one where you carry the marble around the dreamcast spiral style bit of land in Farron.

44 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

@strafe Impa’s Heirloom.

Reveal hidden contents

I hadn’t spoken to the shopkeeper in her house at night.

Had no idea what I needed to do and  think it’s a bit too obscure to find naturally. 

Spoiler

Yeah, I  cheated that one too. Very obscure. I think even when I'd done it it still didn't make sense.

Think I overprepared, Waterblight Ganon was piss easy with the Master Sword. Just shock arrow him, then slash him like mad... then in the 2nd phase, do that sword wave attack thing.

For a break I went to Hateno and started building my house. The camp builder Bolson, and the grunting when they make me something :lol:

Love the little touches and new things I'm discovering every time  I play

OMG just discovered Bolson's dance!

On 17/12/2018 at 10:04, Strafe said:

Probably best not to look at this because it might make your humble switch version look a little ropey. But, still...

Humble, yes but that gorgeous art direction still holds up. 

120 Shrines done. Nice reward as well, which I'm now farming for.

The second to last one was in the Gerudo desert and it didn't set the shrine locator off, as it needed a simple puzzle to solve before it revealed itself.

Which then got me thinking, as I thought I'd traipsed the entire map with the locator on when I had only 6 shrines left, that this final shrine may be like this one and needed me to meet some criteria first. So I sacked it off and checked a guide.

Turned out I'd not got close enough to Ulria Grotto. I thought I'd explored there pretty thoroughly earlier in the game, but that's quite sneakily hidden.

I only seem to have the Champions Tunic (which I'm farming to upgrade atm), are the rest in the shrines by chance?

I'm also in the process of going through each shrine without a chest symbol to mop the chests up. I left a fair few as the reward we're sometimes poorer than what I had and no space left. But I'd missed part of the rubber gear in one, so I'm going back to make sure I haven't missed any gear.

Tarry Town is also up and running. That was a nice side quest.

I think my Korok seed count is around 640 ish. I'm not going for 999.

Tarry Town is a great quest. When I first started it I thought it'd be, well not great, but I was grinning like a loon throughout. There's loads of genuinely funny quests and characters hidden away. I think someone already mentioned the whole don't ask, don't tell Gerudo town stuff.  

I am going to attempt to get back into this at the weekend. I really am.

I've been trying to for.. 18 months, but can't bare to pick up the controller. I moved house, moved back in with the GF, didn't get too much gaming time and then just got the fear.

Then my dog, Zelda, was killed and i've really struggled to play. I'm mostly scared of having forgotten everything of where i've been and what i've done. I think i'm 70 hours in and one beast down.

Why start again, unless you want to? There’s no major narrative as such, and what there is is essentially the least interesting part of the game. Any uncompleted quests you’ve found out about will be detailed in your records.

Just play and enjoy exploring.

5 hours ago, skittles said:

Then my dog, Zelda, was killed and i've really struggled to play. I'm mostly scared of having forgotten everything of where i've been and what i've done. I think i'm 70 hours in and one beast down.

You just take your time. I'm very sorry for your loss.

When my dog died unexpectedly I used it as a reason to wander around in No Man's Sky and build a base where I felt was perfect for us to explore. It might sound silly but it made a difference to claim that planet.

Cheers @ZOK and @GamesGamesGames

Fired up. Have no idea where I am. Controls are all over the place but have completed one shrine, killed a large ogre, died 7+ times and on the way to a distant tower. 

Two Devine beasts down it seems.

I recall I accidentally faced ganan before and used all of my ancient arrows before legging it out of the castle gliding past all of the lasers. That was epic.

I'm back in.

IMG_20190110_210906.jpg

How do you get rid of the purple goo in the labrynth nearby gurudo Valley? There's a tasty looking sword stuck in the middle and I can't find a center point to shoot..

Edit. Just walk over and suffer damage.

Switched to the pro controller and it's much more familiar. Killed a guardian first try using shield parries. Sick