rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I figured out lost woods without any outside of game help, too. Im sure there's an npc other than hetsu that mentions the secret as well. 

15 minutes ago, Stanley said:

@dood your cooking vid is ace, watching now. I like these guide type ones with extra editing and what have you.

Thanks man, the few small positive comments I've received are really touching! 

• Upvote 1

Oh, also more Blood Moon challenge run shenanigans.. 

Panic mode is relentlessly activated as dood continues to tackle Eventide 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, dood said:

I figured out lost woods without any outside of game help, too. Im sure there's an npc other than hetsu that mentions the secret as well. 

Spoiler

There's an important treasure chest in there..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is there?!  Trying to remember if I picked up anything special there. 

I'm guessing he means a dlc 1 EX item. 

Spoiler

Korok mask. 

@dood I just watched your cooking video. It’s fantastic! I thought it would be a rough collection of clips with a basic voiceover. Great presentation, very informative and funny too. Hope you keep making them.

One question- please tell me you’re the elated guy with the beard? That’ll be the cherry on top. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

@dood I just watched your cooking video. It’s fantastic! I thought it would be a rough collection of clips with a basic voiceover. Great presentation, very informative and funny too. Hope you keep making them.

One question- please tell me you’re the elated guy with the beard? That’ll be the cherry on top. 

Which guy with the beard? :blush:

There's a lot of man love coming my way recently! :wub:

37 minutes ago, dood said:

Which guy with the beard? :blush:

There's a lot of man love coming my way recently! :wub:

There's a guy right at the start when you talk about figuring it out for yourself. 24 seconds. Looks like such a happy guy.

On February 1, 2018 at 22:42, dood said:

Hey folks, I'm giving you guys a sneak preview of a cooking guide I put together..  It's not public yet, but I'd appreciate any feedback / criticism :)  I've probably spent about 40 hours making this 10 minute video.  Jesus!  I did totally scrap and restart it 4 times, mind! :D 

I'm so addicted to this videomaking lark.. :blush:

(edit, reuploaded)

Nice vid and for once a voice that is not annoying at all. As I have just been cooking 5 random items and hopeing for the best now hopefully I will improve . Have also been screen saving  the recipes that you see on posters around the land.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dood said:

I've tried! I have weird bald patches on my cheeks though so it looks a bit crap :(

Btw my missus reckons you look a bit like Martin out of Eastenders! 

So I’ve found my way to

Spoiler

Lomei Labyrinth Island.

Spoiler

I have wandered the maze, picked up some stuff, defeated some guardians, collected my orb, and dropped down into the basement. Multiple saves along the way. In the basement my focus shifted instantly to the chest...which resurrected 4 (?) Guardians at once. Do I have a hope in hell? 

If I have a save I can revert to am I best to head down the hole, proximity activate each of the Guardians in turn to deal with them (does it even work like that down there?) and then grab the chest? Or am I now screwed and will have to blitz my food stores to survive the 4 way laser blasts if I want to harvest their corpses for ancient artefacts?

1 hour ago, Graham said:

So I’ve found my way to

Hide contents

Lomei Labyrinth Island.

Hide contents

I have wandered the maze, picked up some stuff, defeated some guardians, collected my orb, and dropped down into the basement. Multiple saves along the way. In the basement my focus shifted instantly to the chest...which resurrected 4 (?) Guardians at once. Do I have a hope in hell? 

If I have a save I can revert to am I best to head down the hole, proximity activate each of the Guardians in turn to deal with them (does it even work like that down there?) and then grab the chest? Or am I now screwed and will have to blitz my food stores to survive the 4 way laser blasts if I want to harvest their corpses for ancient artefacts?

Your idea for dealing with them isn't bad.  Though if my memory serves...

Spoiler

you can just hug the perimeter of the room to avoid waking any of them up!

New expanded version of Piggyback's Zelda guidebook is out later this month -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Official-Expanded/dp/1911015494/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517856136&sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+breath+of+the+wild+guide+piggyback

The Expanded Edition Guide to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a 512-page hardcover guidebook covering everything in the main game as well as the two Expansion Pass DLC packs “The Master Trials” and “The Champions’ Ballad”.

INCLUDES: Expansion Pass concept art gallery; dedicated chapters covering both Expansion Passes; Reference and Analysis chapter; Maps chapter; all-new hardcover and an extensive 4-page Index

• Upvote 3

Could a kind soul please subtly point me in the right direction with regards to that Thundra Plateau shrine quest? I get that you have to put the right shiny balls into the right shiny holes, but lord only knows I've spent an hour trying to get said shiny balls up onto the actual plateau where the holes are. Any tips?

26 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

Could a kind soul please subtly point me in the right direction with regards to that Thundra Plateau shrine quest? I get that you have to put the right shiny balls into the right shiny holes, but lord only knows I've spent an hour trying to get said shiny balls up onto the actual plateau where the holes are. Any tips?

Spoiler

Get the balls onto a high bit of ground which are dotted around the plateau, and use one of your special powers and hit the balls a bit like golf. ;)

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

The hardest thing I found with that was climbing up to the first ball to use said power. The rain kept stopping from quite reaching the top. 

I’ve just starting the trial of the sword quest. Bloody hell that is a long and unforgiving trial. Got a few levels past the first rest area and died due to my own cack handedness. 

My wife has not seen my joypad rage for quite some time. I had to google how many levels there were. Made the decision to get ready for bed instead - how my life has changed. 

Spoiler

I got to the stage where you start on a raised level above water and a lizalflos is looking right at you as you spawn. I didn’t hit him with my arrow in time to stop the horn alarm). Then I decided to try and defeat them all with my axe which had a power rating of 3 before remembering I had far more powerful gear to use instead. Silly me. 

What was worse was I even had some food left to eat for increase defence/attack  

I can’t be arsed to go back to it for now.  At what point did did most of you go through this trial. I nearly have two rings of stamina and approx 15 hearts (although I’ve not gone into a double row yet). 

• Upvote 2