rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

21 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

I would like DLC that removes all monsters, so my daughter could explore the world without getting scared of the goblins! 

But goblins are friends, frrrieeeenndddss.

CEMU_07_16.2017_-_16_46_13_24.thumb.png.16bef3b7d2548fa3a7a0e1b844edade7.png

CEMU_07_16.2017_-_16_44_45_23.thumb.png.b3419886277c50b4f7f0d8f258329264.png

• Upvote 3

Thirty seconds later, you know they're six puffs of purple smoke. Friends my arse.

• Upvote 4

Since I'd picked up 1 or 2 quests related to it, I decided to try my luck in Hyrule Castle, just with no intention of heading to the boss room.

The layout takes some getting used to, but there's a lot of interesting stuff in there.  The trick is to avoid getting ambushed.  I snuck around with the Sheikah Stealth Suit & managed to Sneakstrike a bunch of enemies, & with the loot they dropped plus the goodies I found stashed around the place my pockets were full to bursting, so I bailed for now & will go back later.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jarik said:

Since I'd picked up 1 or 2 quests related to it, I decided to try my luck in Hyrule Castle, just with no intention of heading to the boss room.

The layout takes some getting used to, but there's a lot of interesting stuff in there.  The trick is to avoid getting ambushed.  I snuck around with the Sheikah Stealth Suit & managed to Sneakstrike a bunch of enemies, & with the loot they dropped plus the goodies I found stashed around the place my pockets were full to bursting, so I bailed for now & will go back later.

go back with a couple of good bows and a lot of arrows ;) 

Last night I spent a couple of hours inching my way towards Zora's Domain, picking off Lizard Lads one by one and repeatedly being electrocuted. Soon sorted that out with some judicious cooking and a rubber hat that comes down over my eyes, which is a good excuse for me being so rubbish at combat. I nearly managed to take out a group of baddies using stasis to smash an exploding barrel right into them, but I overshot the mark quite considerably,  and the next barrel I put on the ground just rolled downhill before I could stasis it, so I ran after it straight into the bad guys and got smacked up. I can see Zora's domain from a bridge now, it's so close I can taste it! It tastes of fish.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Vinz Clortho said:

Last night I spent a couple of hours inching my way towards Zora's Domain, picking off Lizard Lads one by one and repeatedly being electrocuted. Soon sorted that out with some judicious cooking and a rubber hat that comes down over my eyes, which is a good excuse for me being so rubbish at combat. I nearly managed to take out a group of baddies using stasis to smash an exploding barrel right into them, but I overshot the mark quite considerably,  and the next barrel I put on the ground just rolled downhill before I could stasis it, so I ran after it straight into the bad guys and got smacked up. I can see Zora's domain from a bridge now, it's so close I can taste it! It tastes of fish.

Ah man, I've never found that rubber hat (150 hours, lol)!!!  I have kinky rubber shirt and trousers, mind.  I want to be full gimp Link!!

Can you recall where you found it, exactly?  I'm guessing in a shrine?  

11 minutes ago, dood said:

Ah man, I've never found that rubber hat (150 hours, lol)!!!  I have kinky rubber shirt and trousers, mind.  I want to be full gimp Link!!

Can you recall where you found it, exactly?  I'm guessing in a shrine?  

IIRC, you get it as reward for a side quest - look out for somebody saying they are always getting struck by lightning and that will be it!

Spoiler

It's at a stable

Spoiler

Look/climb at the top

• Upvote 1

I’m back exploring after some time playing Mario.  Now going to try wandering and not fast travelling to see what I can see.  Currently in Hebra and have found a shrine that I can’t yet work out how to get to and something that might be linked to it or a seed - think I know what to do but not how to do it.

good to be back again but Ganon can still wait a while longer ...

12 hours ago, Vinz Clortho said:

he went down like Nigel Farage in a Cessna.

Please never stop chronicling your adventures in this thread, they're a joy to read.

• Upvote 2

On 21/11/2017 at 17:45, Calashnikov said:

Even-tide ya fuckin' maniac.

I’ve been calling it Event-ide this whole time! Mind blown! 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

On 28/11/2017 at 09:48, Profgoten said:

go back with a couple of good bows and a lot of arrows ;) 

Using the Sneakstrike in combination with my most powerful 2-handed sword, I was able to one-hit-kill 2 Black Lizalfos in quick succession, who both dropped powerful bows & elemental arrows. :)

• Upvote 1

Where is the guy that I give the Korok seeds too? I haven't seen him since early on in the game and I have loads of the bloody things to get rid off.

2 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Where is the guy that I give the Korok seeds too? I haven't seen him since early on in the game and I have loads of the bloody things to get rid off.

Where did he say he was going?

If you don't remember though:

He's in the Great Hyrule Forest, just north of the Castle.

2 hours ago, Popo said:

I’ve been calling it Event-ide this whole time! Mind blown! 

'Eventide' means 'evening time'/'in the evening'. So it's 'ee-ven...'.

6 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Where did he say he was going?

If you don't remember though:

Reveal hidden contents

He's in the Great Hyrule Forest, just north of the Castle.

Cheers - I had no chance of remembering where he said he was going - it was over 40 hours of play time ago! 

How many times have did you bump into him already? If I recall correctly, you meet him in two locations out in the main world before he heads off to where Jarik said:

First time, on the way to Kakariko village; second time I think is near any stable. Also, I think you get to exchange several seeds with him before he heads off to the forest.

Now, I could be wrong, because it's a long time since I played it. If you haven't bumped into him for a while, then he's likely in his final location.

49 minutes ago, smac said:

How many times have did you bump into him already? If I recall correctly, you meet him in two locations out in the main world before he heads off to where Jarik said:

Reveal hidden contents

First time, on the way to Kakariko village; second time I think is near any stable. Also, I think you get to exchange several seeds with him before he heads off to the forest.

Now, I could be wrong, because it's a long time since I played it. If you haven't bumped into him for a while, then he's likely in his final location.

After the first time I met him I found him hanging around near:

Riverside Stable

25 minutes ago, Vinz Clortho said:

Just when I thought this game couldn't get more amazing, I finally treat myself to a divine beast. What you have to do to get into the big Nelly is one of my gaming highlights of the year (bearing in mind that I am a pauper and haven't played many new games this year):

Hide contents

I managed to destroy the last of the evil ice blocks with my very last normal arrow, then shot my way up the waterfall on the WRONG SIDE of the perilous pachyderm, but realised I could paraglide my way over the top to shoot the last of the glowing weak points just as my stamina was running out.

So there I was, inside the belly of the beast, not full of guts and fluids (well, some fluids) but full of stone and ancient machinery and oh shit it's a Colossus isn't it! There's a lot of evil black gunk everywhere and some eyeballs that are wearing T-shirts saying 'shoot me you idiot', which I guess is Ganon spilling his filthy, corrupted seed over Hyrule, and I have to fight a few Randy Robots but it's not too dangerous in there. I love the mechanic for swishing the elephant's trunk around and I experienced several of those classic Zelda moments where you go 'I don't know what to do this game is terrible oh no I'm just being a div', including one part where I was stood right next to one of the control terminal things but for some reason my eyes didn't see it properly, stupid eyes. And these Zelda guys think of everything; one of the terminals is in a rotating booth inside a giant cog and I noticed that the door would shut whenever the room was close to upside-down so I thought I'd be a smart arse and see what happened if I stayed in the room as it turned, to find that the door didn't shut but the ceiling (which was rapidly becoming the floor) was covered in spikes. That'll teach me.

The music in this place was fantastic, strangely both soothing and ominous and reminiscent of that Colossus game again; I suppose if you're gonna steal you steal from the best. So I activated the terminals and paraglided down into the control room to be faced by a cubist monstrosity with the biggest weapon you've seen in your life missus. Lovely red hair though. I think I just managed to cheese my way through this fight with plenty of haute cuisine, pinging off shock arrows and hiding behind the giant pod to avoid his blue spear.

Then a g-g-g-ghost of my ex-fiancee who is also a fish appeared and gave me a magical power to heal myself and another emotional cutscene played out with me still wearing that stupid rubber hat. Turns out the elephant can fire bloody lasers from its nose! Finally the frame-rate in Zora's domain is back to an acceptable level.

I decided to celebrate my triumph by warping over to Hateno village and showing a small boy my Traveller's Sword, then he said he'd tell his grandad all about it. People are weird.

35 hours and counting!

I also burned through arrows getting in to this one & during the boss fight before someone in here pointed out that cryonis (sp?) can break ice blocks as well as make them. 

30 minutes ago, Vinz Clortho said:

After the first time I met him I found him hanging around near:

Reveal hidden contents

Riverside Stable

Not too sure but at least once - I shall go look around tonight although I still have plenty of towers to do to view the full map.

53 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I also burned through arrows getting in to this one & during the boss fight before someone in here pointed out that cryonis (sp?) can break ice blocks as well as make them. 

OF COURSE! Bloody hell, that would've been much more managable.

No. Big, square ice blocks I create, I knew I could destroy.

I'm talking about the big lumps of ice closing off caves - or out in the open, high ground where you can see intriguing shapes frozen in the depths of the block.