rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I reckon you're doing what I did, running around the very edge of the cliffs trying to find where the fuck the shrine that's causing the beeping is (did you come from the South?)

From memory, the shrine is inside the mountain, and the door is on the other side - so find where the beeping is, then head up and over to the other side of the ridge - the beeping may stop, as the shrine is buried pretty deep in there I think... Within some fucking big bones

;)

• Upvote 1

Re the leviathan bones in the desert, you can see them on the map at the closest zoom! You can drop a way point on them and it'll show up through your scope. I know it gets all sandstormy when you get close, mind! I have yet to venture to get them. 

Oh and another thing, is it just me or is the only place with brown / dead grass on the plateau? I've not seen any since! 

I discovered an interesting bit of BotW trivia last night...

I've been encouraging my kids to try playing the game, as they love it so much.  My youngest, Sid, who is 4, loves running about and chopping trees etc., but finds the perils of combat a little bit scary / overwhelming.  So I decided to clear the Plateau for him, so he can run around the daytime at least with no baddies.  (I'm assuming the first red moon doesn't happen until you're at least off the plateau)

So I'm running about, haven't talked with the old man, haven't activated the first tower, leaving all the treasure chests to be opened, etc, etc. 

But the weird thing I noticed was, the time is permanently stuck on midday!  Night has yet to fall, I've nearly killed everything there! 

1 hour ago, dood said:

Re the leviathan bones in the desert, you can see them on the map at the closest zoom! You can drop a way point on them and it'll show up through your scope. I know it gets all sandstormy when you get close, mind! I have yet to venture to get them. 

Oh, you really should. (If I recall correctly, you should stock up on

bomb arrows

)

1 hour ago, dood said:

Oh and another thing, is it just me or is the only place with brown / dead grass on the plateau? I've not seen any since! 

There are a couple of other places - I remember a dead-end valley with a skull cave in it; the grass leading up to, and in the valley was dead (I thought i recognized it from one of the gameplay videos).

I think it also had boulders lining the cliffs above - that's what I went for...

• Upvote 1

Has anyone else had a go at master's mode yet?  It's properly awesome, I think.  I'm only about halfway through the plateau, but sheesh I'm avoiding most fights, the basic weapons like treebranches etc are just useless!   Stealth really is important and making potions to help me run away / sneak are crucial!!  Top stuff, it makes the game very different! 

I hope there are more new baddies, too, the floating platforms are interesting! 

• Upvote 1

Bones located, shrine found & statue tracked down in the Highlands.

Thanks all for your tips.

11 Shrines to go, 2 Shrine Quests to solve & some massive sections of the map which I seem to have completely missed out to explore, hopefully some of them will be in there.

Last question for now; the missing (fish) wife quest;

the highlighted text in the log indicates that she has ended up at Lake Hylia, I've been round half the lake, am I in the right place?

?

12 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

Bones located, shrine found & statue tracked down in the Highlands.

Thanks all for your tips.

11 Shrines to go, 2 Shrine Quests to solve & some massive sections of the map which I seem to have completely missed out to explore, hopefully some of them will be in there.

Hide contents

the highlighted text in the log indicates that she has ended up at Lake Hylia, I've been round half the lake, am I in the right place?

?

She's there alright, but maybe she's gone for a......... ;)

@Mr Do 71 I could do with one of your ludicrously cryptic clues. 

The dragon who flies near the huge canyon - Dinraal I presume.  I've only seen him once..  I would like to see him again.  What's the trick?  Like I figured out Farosh easily enough, it was time of day based.  But I've gone to the same spot where I saw Dinraal and waited a whole day and NOTHING.  Ran up and down the edge of the chasm, NOTHING.  Made a few fires to pass days, etc. Still nothing. :(   I'm at my wits end!

I was doing the dlc quest underneath one of the mazes this morning. Just as I cleared the room and was heading to the chest I got a blood moon!

It was like a swat crew arrived as I opened the chest & ported out of there with many, many red dots on my back. :lol:

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, dood said:

@Mr Do 71 I could do with one of your ludicrously cryptic clues. 

The dragon who flies near the huge canyon - Dinraal I presume.  I've only seen him once..  I would like to see him again.  What's the trick?  Like I figured out Farosh easily enough, it was time of day based.  But I've gone to the same spot where I saw Dinraal and waited a whole day and NOTHING.  Ran up and down the edge of the chasm, NOTHING.  Made a few fires to pass days, etc. Still nothing. :(   I'm at my wits end!

The canyon that leads to the Forgotten Temple? If so, I don't know either sorry :( I actually haven't bothered too much with the dragons yet.

Trial of the sword is amazing. I'd buy an entire game of these rooms. 

The middle trial was a weird one, I found the first 5 or so pretty tricky and then it got progressively easier towards the end. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

The canyon that leads to the Forgotten Temple? If so, I don't know either sorry :( I actually haven't bothered too much with the Dragons yet.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dood said:

Has anyone else had a go at master's mode yet?  It's properly awesome, I think.  I'm only about halfway through the plateau, but sheesh I'm avoiding most fights, the basic weapons like treebranches etc are just useless!   Stealth really is important and making potions to help me run away / sneak are crucial!!  Top stuff, it makes the game very different! 

I hope there are more new baddies, too, the floating platforms are interesting! 

Yes I am currently playing it because 120 hours of normal mode is just not enough.

I've polished off the Rito Dungeon first of all since it has such a quick leadup, and the ravioli jump is handy for towers. So far I'm not noticing much difference? But it's great to play it again. (Is it just floating platforms, tougher enemies and regenerating health?)

20 minutes ago, dood said:

giphy.gif

You'll be late for work at this time, at least you'll be the one seeing red. Don't mind the giant bones, it's got a lynel for company. ;)

• Upvote 1

The Hero's Path is such a good addition :wub:

I've already found a bunch of new areas and shrines I've never been to before. It's got me right back into the game.

I really hope Crackdown 3 has this, will help massively with the agility orbs :lol:

1 hour ago, ph0rce said:

Reveal hidden contents

?

Yup. I missed her several times because

I mistook her for a Lizalfos; she was hanging out surprisingly near a bunch of them, and so I thought she was one of their gang when I saw her swimming around. D'oh!

55 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

Yes I am currently playing it because 120 hours of normal mode is just not enough.

I've polished off the Rito Dungeon first of all since it has such a quick leadup, and the ravioli jump is handy for towers. So far I'm not noticing much difference? But it's great to play it again. (Is it just floating platforms, tougher enemies and regenerating health?)

Well you're a good chunk further than me, so I can't answer fully!  I've just about finished the Plateau and I'm just really digging how terrified I am of attempting to fight more than one bokoblin.   Not from a threat point of view, but from a chew-through-my-inventory perspective!  The regenerating health seems to kick in very quickly, it's tough!  I'm sure I'll eventually reach the point where I'm confident that I can take things on, but right now I'm loving having to play it a little more.. cautiously. 

Hehe, I did feel a couple of the funnies were a bit forced, but I can let it slide because Matt & Quinns are the best. 

He made some awesome points, I think. The bit about where the game resides was bang on, you look at the most important part of the game - the world - 99% of the time.  I definitely feel that's a good way of explaining what it is I feel is such a draw for the games I love. 

And I think the bit about hiding mechanics was really interesting too. I definitely think the best part of any game is the 'learning', the bit where everything is a bit new and strange, figuring out bits and pieces is so satisfying.  But once you've got a good hold on things, when you really know what you're doing, the experience can dull a little. 

I definitely feel a bit dismayed that I figured out how to parry the Guardians so early, because it kinda made them trivial after that. Would've enjoyed some more frantic escapes from them before I'd worked it out. :D

• Upvote 1

Ah man, finally seen some mounted enemies at night... 

Spoiler

So gutted I can't stable the Stalhorse! :(

1 hour ago, dood said:

He made some awesome points, I think. The bit about where the game resides was bang on, you look at the most important part of the game - the world - 99% of the time.  I definitely feel that's a good way of explaining what it is I feel is such a draw for the games I love. 

Even when the game gives you a very 'gamey' overlay like the Shrine Locator it still makes is vague enough that you have to engage more with the world than with the detector. It only tells you that you're getting warmer/colder. You still have to work out what that means in relation to everything around you. You can't just follow-the-pings.

The Matt Lees video is fantastic. Makes me want to delete my save and make a visit to Lacuna, Inc.

• Upvote 1

Really enjoyed that, makes me want to play it all over again. And the music, the music. :) 

• Upvote 1

Ah man, just completed the middle set of master sword trials. They were fucking stupidly good.  Did it on my first try! :D

I wish there was a randomly generated version of this trial, purely for fun. That would be so good. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dood said:

Ah man, just completed the middle set of master sword trials. They were fucking stupidly good.  Did it on my first try! :D

I wish there was a randomly generated version of this trial, purely for fun. That would be so good. 

Spoiler

The dark areas were my favourite part of it. I was all 'oh shit, what on earth have they put in here now?' :wub: Luckily the enemies weren't too tough. 

@dood re: Dragons

If it's the fire dragon you're after, there's a bridge over the canyon, right beside some stables (the one you'd probably pass on the way to the Rito). 

Head there for about 7am ;)

The DLC has got me right back into this, I've got most of the new clothing bar the teleport medallion, and made it to room 11 in the trials (I think) before dying by accident (right before it sounds like you can save? FFS) 

After that just went wandering where I had gaps in the map - I now have about 40 more Koroks (close to 320 now) and, according to the map, I'm now over 50% complete :D

(... after 150+ hours) 

• Upvote 1

Down to the last 8 shrines now, I have quests for two of them which I haven't been able to work out yet but no idea where the remaining six are. 

Found three tonight by exploring some areas I hadn't been to yet, thanks to the Hero's Path, two of those being quest ones. 

How many Shrine Quests are there please, stick the answer in a spoiler just in case? I have

37 so far, so I'm guessing there's 40 in total?