rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3 hours ago, Made of Ghosts said:

I'm pretty sure kyletherobot was talking about walking an IRL dog you guys. Or else the anecdote was about thinking of Zelda-related actions while playing Zelda, which isn't quite as funny.

You can think about Zelda while walking a dog in real life?

This fucking game!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, dood said:

I got that, sheesh.  I think everyone did.  Lol at @smac though :D 

I know, I know.

[Me] ------[a stick]----- [The right end].

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

You can think about Zelda while walking a dog in real life?

This fucking game!

Well Zelda can be a bit of a bitch sometimes.....

Spoiler

Sorry, just neg me..

Last night's adventuring saw me heading towards Death Mountain for the first time. On the way there I spotted one of those ice wizzrobe guys, go to shoot it with a fire arrow but miss so it hits the wall behind him, he goes over to investigate it but gets too close to the fire and instantly dies. I remember a Korok in the Lost Woods wants to see an ice rod so put my trip to Death Mountain on hold to bring it to him. Of course that triggers the cutscene for the Trial of the Sword so I give that a go. Was fun but I stupidly died early on to the rock monster guy. <_<

• Upvote 1

Some thoughts about the story of the game, as it's revealed through the memories:

It appears that the game is trying to make a subtle point of how misguided the King (well, everyone, but particularly him) was in assuming that it would be enough to just set Link & Zelda up like they were pieces on a chessboard, or actors in a historical re-enactment.  The thinking appeared to be that they didn't need to understand their roles, just play them, which is why when Zelda (the holder of the Triforce of 

Wisdom, remember) showed that she wanted to understand how the Divine Beasts & Guardians worked, the King shut her down, believing that all she needed was prayer & that scholarly pursuits were a distraction from her true calling.

This of course, came back to massively bite them in the butt, as if Zelda had been allowed to study the Sheikah Technology she might have seen their vunerabiliity to Ganon's power, & been able to prevent or stop their possession.

The best thing is though, the game never outright says this.  Part of the King' s regret could come from it, but it's not outright stated, & I love how it's not shoved down our throats.

• Upvote 6

Finally made it to Goron city. Took me far too long to realise how you change what way those cannons point. :doh:

I've just fully upgraded my stamina and  started my second row of hearts as had quite a few spirit orbs collected. 

23 hours ago, BruceBruce said:

And according to a "reliable rumor," DLC pack 2 will be an epilogue, possibly giving Zelda BotW a proper ending.

It it would make MUCH more sense if the DLC was a prequel set with the Link 100 years before the events of BOTW. 

4 hours ago, Jarik said:

Some thoughts about the story of the game, as it's revealed through the memories:

Hide contents

It appears that the game is trying to make a subtle point of how misguided the King (well, everyone, but particularly him) was in assuming that it would be enough to just set Link & Zelda up like they were pieces on a chessboard, or actors in a historical re-enactment.  The thinking appeared to be that they didn't need to understand their roles, just play them, which is why when Zelda (the holder of the Triforce of 

Wisdom, remember) showed that she wanted to understand how the Divine Beasts & Guardians worked, the King shut her down, believing that all she needed was prayer & that scholarly pursuits were a distraction from her true calling.

This of course, came back to massively bite them in the butt, as if Zelda had been allowed to study the Sheikah Technology she might have seen their vunerabiliity to Ganon's power, & been able to prevent or stop their possession.

The best thing is though, the game never outright says this.  Part of the King' s regret could come from it, but it's not outright stated, & I love how it's not shoved down our throats.

I agree. It could be said the story was about the weight of tradition and expectations that are placed on Zelda. I wonder if it's also a metaphor for the expectations that fans have for TLOZ as a series, and how difficult it is to break away from them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rubberducker said:

It it would make MUCH more sense if the DLC was a prequel set with the Link 100 years before the events of BOTW. 

I didn't make the rumor, but you're right.  Especially considering it's called the Champions Ballad and shows the characters from 100 years before in the info trailer for the DLC packs.

1 hour ago, Made of Ghosts said:

Jesus, I just finished the Medium trials with literally three quarters of a heart left. It was intense.

No spoilers, but the middle five are terrifying.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

This Octorok balloon thing for those large slabs has blown my mind. I've now realised, having found a few today, that the game always puts Octoroks nearby. Crazy that I missed the massive hint that represents.

Even worse is while I have the rock paused in stasis I'm usually swearing at the Octorok cunts and their laser guided shots while I'm trying to hit the damn rock...

• Upvote 4

I love this game. Haven't had a chance to play properly, but on the few chances I had here and there I used the Heroes Path to explore some minor landmarks near my current position. 

Accidentally just found Majora's Mask while following the korok mask jingle :D

• Upvote 1

I started this again a few weeks ago because I'd forgotten what I'd done and how everything works. I've basically spent every spare minute on it since then, and a few days ago I did the fourth divine beast. But I didn't do much exploring, so before I go to the castle I'm doing a much more thorough job of going everywhere armed with the korok mask and the shrine detector. The hero's path is a brilliant addition for this - I was amazed to see how little of the map I'd actually covered following the main quests. There are loads of huge areas I've not been to at all, not to mention all the places where I just followed the path or did a straight glide to the next objective, so probably missed lots of things off the beaten track, which I'm now discovering.

I want to try to get all the shrines before I finish (59 so far) - korok seeds are another matter!

The motion control shrines are a bit of a pain in the arse when in handheld mode. Do you have to take the joy cons off each time or is there a more elegant solution I may have missed?

Just defeated the final Divine Beast. Still a way off the end game yet. Current stats are:

Played 120hours or more

4 Beasts done

82 Shrines done 

196 Koroks found  (also just got the Korok Mask)

5 photo memories left to find 

Don't want to face Ganon until I've found all memories and have done at least 100 shrines. 

I still haven't even been to Akkala yet. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Using bomb arrows on Death Mountain :o

It basically turns it into a mini nuke that one hit kills anything and everything, overpowered like mad. Destroyed that Talus in no time. 

• Upvote 1