rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

It'll change jimmbob - I often go back to the Major Test shrines now to farm the decent weapons. But yeah, you should perhaps avoid them for now lol

Don't get caught up with the memories/pictures either - they are things to find as you explore and do everything else really.

• Upvote 2

I saved most of the memories until the end, and found searching for them one of my favourite parts of the game.

Good to know @rgraves, yeah I will deffo leave them for a while, I think I saw you online last night so you can attest I gave it good go. The rage tears were starting to form from 1am onwards so I admitted defeat.

I spent ages trying to do that fight, reloading each time to get my broken weapons back. Concentrate on avoidance initially and you'll quickly reach a point where you can dodge all the attacks. At that point it's just about endurance and chipping away bit by bit. When I beat it first time I think it probably lasted about 15-20 mins!

• Upvote 2

I'm an expert in avoidance. When I find a rather populated Bokoblin camp I'm often surprised that yakkety sax doesn't start playing.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

When you defeat Ganon do you then just get to carry on doing other stuff across the map?

Game over in terms of story and you get credits etc - but it returns you to the point of no return (with Ganon still alive and killable again) where you can continue to explore etc

Yes, I find that really annoying for some reason. Why couldn't they just let you continue in a Ganon free Hyrule?

Giving this another right now but I'm still finding it rather boring. Do the shrines get any better/bigger?

Thanks for that.

It's a bit annoying. I'm going to try to do lots of other stuff before tackling Ganon then. Did the 4th Divine Beast this morning.

7 minutes ago, g wings said:

Yes, I find that really annoying for some reason. Why couldn't they just let you continue in a Ganon free Hyrule?

I'm hoping the DLC story will take place in a Ganon free Hyrule. It looks to be a prequel story so it'd make sense if you could explore an undestroyed Hyrule Castle and Castle Town. Presumably they're already modelled to some extent as you can see them in the memory photos. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

I went back to Karariko and was sent on a quest to find places that matched the pictures in my Shiekah slate or something. Then I met a woman who had had her sheep stolen by Bokoblins. So I went to find them and there were fucking loads of them, and those big tall bastards. Took me a bit of strategic planning  but I managed to clear the camp and got an opal or something. Then I saw a shrine in the distance in the sea, so I jumped on a raft, and went in feeling confident. After my initial worries, I think finally the game is starting the click.

Major Test Of Strength.

"Oh really? Well how hard can it be?"

Mr 4 hearts and 3 shit-spears, goes in and gets annihilated about 14 times, before having a bit of a cry and going bed at 1:30am.

We're at about the same place. I did the sheep one yesterday after noping the fuck out of that major test shrine as soon as it broke the fancy guardian spear I'd been so happy about receiving only 5 minutes earlier. 

I also just did my first memory quest too, was quite fun trying to line up the line of sight in the picture. Ended up finding thr one I wasn't even looking for. 

I have a stack of quests now that I can't seem to do as they either require money or they in places it's too cold to do. There's one about lining up 3 trees which you can see from Hateno village. Took me ages to get there but started freezing so had to bail. 

Finally worked out what the compendium is too and the tracking feature. Spent half an hour trying to photograph a restless cricket so I could track them. Crouching in the grass as the fucker kept jumping up and missing the photo was an hilariously daft thing to do in a videogame. Loved it though and now I have the 10 restless crickets. 

Eyeing up fourth area tower now, think it's time to progress...something. I don't know what though. Looks scary over there. 

• Upvote 2

Jeeeezo man... I spent an entire hours train journey today just jumping around with my Korok mask in a part of the world I'd barely been in, hunting for Koroks and taking pictures of birds and fish.  

GAME!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jimmbob said:

Good to know @rgraves, yeah I will deffo leave them for a while, I think I saw you online last night so you can attest I gave it good go. The rage tears were starting to form from 1am onwards so I admitted defeat.

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

I spent ages trying to do that fight, reloading each time to get my broken weapons back. Concentrate on avoidance initially and you'll quickly reach a point where you can dodge all the attacks. At that point it's just about endurance and chipping away bit by bit. When I beat it first time I think it probably lasted about 15-20 mins!

There's a loading screen tip you'll eventually see that makes fighting them a lot more manageable. 

If you can't wait:

Spoiler

They are weak to a particular kind of weapon.

The kind they drop. 

-------

I just spent a lunch hour collecting memories.  Went from 5 to 10!! Two left.  Mad to check the heroes path as I've been hunting, there are giant swathes of landscape I've never even set foot in! :lol: One memory is definitely in the castle, from the look of it, the other one is a bit tricky, there isn't much info to go on; can see the castle and some greenish fields nearby, but none of the big landmarks are visible in the background.. Tricky!  I think I may go ask the painter guy.   :) 

OMG one of my favourite things is looking at his paintings!  You've all done that, right?  They're actually of what he can see at each town/stable.  So neat. :wub:

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

We're at about the same place. I did the sheep one yesterday after noping the fuck out of that major test shrine as soon as it broke the fancy guardian spear I'd been so happy about receiving only 5 minutes earlier. 

I also just did my first memory quest too, was quite fun trying to line up the line of sight in the picture. Ended up finding thr one I wasn't even looking for. 

I have a stack of quests now that I can't seem to do as they either require money or they in places it's too cold to do. There's one about lining up 3 trees which you can see from Hateno village. Took me ages to get there but started freezing so had to bail. 

Finally worked out what the compendium is too and the tracking feature. Spent half an hour trying to photograph a restless cricket so I could track them. Crouching in the grass as the fucker kept jumping up and missing the photo was an hilariously daft thing to do in a videogame. Loved it though and now I have the 10 restless crickets. 

Eyeing up fourth area tower now, think it's time to progress...something. I don't know what though. Looks scary over there. 

You have means to deal with the cold freely available, if you're resourceful!  Didn't you already deal with the cold back on the Plateau? ;)

• Upvote 1

Hah, that shrine quest with the 3 trees you had to line up.  I accidentally ran into that shrine without doing that.

94 shrines completed. I just know that I'm going to attempt to get all 120, or as close to that as possible, before even starting the fourth and final Divine Beast. :lol: 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BruceBruce said:

Hah, that shrine quest with the 3 trees you had to line up.  I accidentally ran into that shrine without doing that.

Is that the one that is

Spoiler

down a cliff and you bomb the entrance on the north side of the map?

If so I did the same thing.

I have no idea which shrine that is either.  From Fletch's description it sounds a bit like the one where you find the climbing boots, is that it? 

I really need to revisit the towns & stables.  People have mentioned loads of sidequests in here I've never heard of!!  

• Upvote 1

My favourite type of shrine quests so far have been the ones that you have to find using the landscape/weather/time of day. 

For example:

The one near the Rito village that appears when the sun makes a heart shape on the ground.

The 'White Bird'

The one where you have to find the same view as a painting

And probably a few I've forgotten. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

My favourite type of shrine quests so far have been the ones that you have to find using the landscape/weather/time of day. 

For example:

Hide contents

The one near the Rito village that appears when the sun makes a heart shape on the ground.

The 'White Bird'

The one where you have to find the same view as a painting

And probably a few I've forgotten. 

I loved the 

Spoiler

White bird

Shrine!

• Upvote 1

I've only got 3 shrines left to go and I've cleared up my shrine quest list, so these left overs are just out in the wild somewhere.

Is there an easy way of figuring out where they are without spending ages studying a completed map next to my own?

I have 11 shrine quests left and only 12 to find - no idea how thats happened and I only have one active quest :hmm:

:omg: 

Thought I'd have a quick mooch about the castle before cooking my kids' dinner.  OMGOMG THAT MUSIC. 

Also, stumbled upon this lovely bit of gear :omg:

Spoiler

omg.thumb.jpg.37d73c9560f67996d3597f850356b362.jpg

Nnngggghh!!  Such feels going round the castle, it's mega :wub: and the MAP, man! Oh boy. 

It's official 'play-zelda-with-daddy-before-bed' night tonight, which means they get to choose what we do.  They can choose the Camel, the White Bird, or exploring the castle.  Eeeeeeee.  ADVENTURE. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Is that the one that is

Reveal hidden contents

down a cliff and you bomb the entrance on the north side of the map?

If so I did the same thing.

Yea I think so. Cause after I did it it said I completed that shrine quest.

28 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I have 11 shrine quests left and only 12 to find - no idea how thats happened and I only have one active quest :hmm:

And you've only just been to the Lost Woods and got the Master Sword?!

10 minutes ago, JPL said:

And you've only just been to the Lost Woods and got the Master Sword?!

Noooo, done that ages ago, finished the game all 4 beasts and 108 shrines but since the update it tells me how many of the quests I have done or not as case may be!

29 minutes ago, dood said:

It's official 'play-zelda-with-daddy-before-bed' night tonight, which means they get to choose what we do.  They can choose the Camel, the White Bird, or exploring the castle.  Eeeeeeee.  ADVENTURE. 

I had such a great time playing with my boy (he's 5) - he loved the Divine Beasts (he draws them all the time now :p) and once I was crazy tough I'd find Guardians and let him hammer the Y button to take them out (and feel epic!). 

When facing Ganon at the end I handed the controller to him a few times to let him get a few hits in. 

Have I mentioned that I love this game? 

• Upvote 5