rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

You'd be surprised how large some of those areas that don't have any green in them actually are.  In fact, I can see a few areas that you'll need to go into just to find the EX masks and gear.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. Crisscrossing all the blank bits to see what I can find.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

What does everyone else's path look like?

Mine pretty much covers everywhere. I'm still missing 8 shrines, but I don't really have any empty areas left to look at. I'm just going to have to wander around until the shrine detectors starts bleeping.

IMG_1074.JPG

Well, there are 4 shrines on your map that I can see that you've visited, but not actually completed or are you counting those already? ;)

1 hour ago, Jarik said:

The Hero's path is really handy for exploration, letting me see which landmarks & paths I've explored & which I haven't, & combined with the Korok Mask, those seeds are just rolling in.

I was a bit worried that the Korok mask might make it too easy to find the leafy berks, but you still have to puzzle out where they're hiding and it's just an extra level of convenience.

I always hated Lizalfos*, and after dying to them in the Sword Trial, and losing 10 levels of inventory gathering, I now hate them even more.

* If two identical Lizalfos appear together, I think I'll call them Winklevoss instead.

Glad it's not just me. I hate the way they muck about with their distance from you. There was a particular one toting a lightning bow who really annoyed me in one of the EX piece areas.

42 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I was a bit worried that the Korok mask might make it too easy to find the leafy berks, but you still have to puzzle out where they're hiding and it's just an extra level of convenience.

Indeed.  I got a reading just outside Hateno village, but was stumped as I couldn't see anything & was wandering around trying to pinpoint the signal, until i finally remembered all the different ways that Koroks are hidden, & the 'Aha!' Moment when I finally spotted it.

46 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I always hated Lizalfos*, and after dying to them in the Sword Trial, and losing 10 levels of inventory gathering, I now hate them even more.

* If two identical Lizalfos appear together, I think I'll call them Winklevoss instead.

34 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Glad it's not just me. I hate the way they muck about with their distance from you. There was a particular one toting a lightning bow who really annoyed me in one of the EX piece areas.

FYI, Spears are the weapon you want to be using against the Lizalfos. I switch up my weapon type dependent on enemy. 

The Lizalfos dart about like mad-cunts so using the spear against them and mashing attack will stun-lock them and stop them running around. I always have a Spear on me. 

• Upvote 1

You also shouldn't forget about the charge attack each weapon has.  I find the multi-hit twirl that i can do with 2-handed Weapons really useful on Shrine Guardians, but the Classic Sword Spin & the Rapid Spear Stab have their uses too.  Just be sure to watch that Stamina Meter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dood said:

Enjoyed my first go at the Sword Trial just now.  Reached the 6th or 7th, and after a hairy battle found myself with half a heart remaining. 

Wanted to cook some food to top myself up, but had no easy fire (used fire arrows for combat)... Chopped a tree for some wood, then puzzled on how to get some flint..  Perhaps I could break one of the many rocks dotted around the map?  I tried throwing one into a wall to smash it. It bounced back and killed me. :D

Brilliant, I am getting worse at the trials every time I try them!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jamie John said:

:(

Tbh if you are waiting until 2027 to buy one you mays as well wait for the Switch classic mini - get a pre order in quick tho!

• Upvote 1

I don't dare to read the thread for spoilers: is it worth buying the DLC? I'm getting a Switch with Mario Kart and Zelda for my birthday ;)

Yes but I think the general consensus seems to be play the game first. Then get the DLC. 

• Upvote 1

I got a weird sword called 6 something or other and it appears to glow white - too scared to use it!

And Tingles pants, ffs.

I noticed a huge area that I'd walked to, then seemingly thought 'fuck this' and turned around (discovered this on the Hero's path map thing). Went there last night, it was the Lost Woods....spooky. 

I'm now 160 hours in and I've still not unlocked the entire left side of the map.

Been too busy exploring everything else, right?

So imagine my horror after downloading the DLC at the weekend and finding out that there are colossal fucking areas missing from my Hero's Path. Like, huge meadows, forests, and an entire sliver of map I thought I'd finished ages ago. There are main paths that I haven't even walked near to. I've just spent the entire evening wandering around the field outside Hyrule Castle because it turned out I hadn't done shit there yet. I reckon I still have about 10 more hours before I unlock the next section. It's ridiculous. The god damn game is glorious.

Bonus EX chest picture.

Spoiler

MA BOYZ!

DD2ayDHUIAAZqjC.thumb.jpg.81a2da2b16e288935801386deb89c03d.jpg

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thanks, I'll finish it then grab the DLC :)

I don't think you need to 'finish it' first, I'm happily chipping away at the DLC with 1 guardian to go (~80 shrines, I think). 

I finished the first 'checkpoint' of the Sword Trial, that was good fun!! I only died once more after aforementioned rock rebound incident, to those blinking Red/Black Lizalfos, they're nails with low level weapons!  

Protip for those attempting the trial: any max health/stamina effects will carry into the dungeon :) 

10 hours ago, Goose said:

I noticed a huge area that I'd walked to, then seemingly thought 'fuck this' and turned around (discovered this on the Hero's path map thing). Went there last night, it was the Lost Woods....spooky. 

You've... you've never been to the Lost Woods before this?!  Holy crap dude. 

180 hours and I've only JUST discovered there's an approved way out of the lost woods...

The side quest to rescue 4 team members was really good. Made you go onto places you'd normally avoid and I found another shrine quest as a result.

THIS FUCKING GAME

• Upvote 2

I'm loving being back in Hyrule - have collected quite a bit of the DLC stuff so far (full Tingle costume, Midna's helmet, the Korok mask and Majora's Mask) - Path  of the Hero combined with the Korok mask is brilliant, I've found loads more, some in areas I'd never visited (after 145 hours...) and others that I'd just missed! 

Giving the trials a quick run now (I had a very brief try earlier, but I'd started with half health and was just fucking about so didn't get far!) 

Love that the whole thing is just a big Eventide (one of the best parts of the game IMO) :D

I'm still very much at the beginning of this. I've JUST got Sheikah Slate fully operational (I assume) and can now take selfies. Combat is getting easier, but I do sometimes feel a bit out of my depth, I'm hoping that at some point it will all click as occasionally it feels like there's a lot of micro management (weapons breaking mid fight, pause game, select new stick, unpause carry on, pause, eat, unpause, shield breaks, pause etc...) 

I'm enjoying finding and completing the shrines, yesterday I found a shrine quest with the following riddle.

Spoiler

"When a dark light resides in the cursed statue's eyes, pierce its gaze to purge the seal from the shrine,"

That was a fun one to figure out, and then the shrine that appeared was fiendish! So yeah all good fun, I'm just not sure if getting side-tracked so early on is the best way to be playing so might bash a few story missions out to see if it clicks a bit better. Or maybe, and more probable I'm just rubbish.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

I'm still very much at the beginning of this. I've JUST got Sheikah Slate fully operational (I assume) and can now take selfies. Combat is getting easier, but I do sometimes feel a bit out of my depth, I'm hoping that at some point it will all click as occasionally it feels like there's a lot of micro management (weapons breaking mid fight, pause game, select new stick, unpause carry on, pause, eat, unpause, shield breaks, pause etc...) 

I'm assuming when you say "pause" here, you don't actually mean you are hitting pause - you're just holding down the required selection button right? At least, for weapons, arrows, and shields anyway.

• Upvote 1