Jump to content

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild


revlob
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Majora said:

 

 

I think I would actually cry if this happened to me. 

 

Can you not cancel the order and buy it from somewhere in person? Or at least order online from somewhere who will deliver it tomorrow? The game collection have the Wii U version in stock for 44.95, they're usually very good at next day delivery. 

 

I had two minutes spare this morning so quickly cancelled Amazon and went with Simply Games. Coming tomorrow apparently.

 

Of course I'm out all day tomorrow and Sunday. Saturday night is free though, so would be nice to be able to play it then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BruceBruce said:

 

Except that one is in 900p (Switch - unless undocked) and the other is 720p (Wii U).

 

Also apparently the sound quality is better on the Switch.. dunno why.

 

I cant tell the two apart in that video if I hold my thumb over the corner of the screen displaying the system name, and since I'll never be able to A/B the two on my actual TV I think the WiiU version was the right call for me.

Just now, Paulando said:

Are you in a Prime Now area, Davros?

 

Dont know what that is. I have a standard Prime membership though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Dont know what that is. I have a standard Prime membership though.

 

Download the Prime Now app to see if they cover your area. You can get Zelda delivered within 2 hours. They also have £5 off when you spend £50 - 5OFF50.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, barkbat said:

Just got an email from amazon saying my copy of zelda has been unexpectantly delayed and they now estimate I'll recieve it on the 7th! They apologise! I pre-ordered it in January! The bastards! Has anyone else had this? I can see this estimate being stretched as well...

I had this happen with my PS4 pro. Having ordered it about 9 month prior. Are you in London? Then they kept pushing it back and back until they realised they had lost it. Offered me a refund. I would cancel this now with them and try to get it from somewhere else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, barkbat said:

Just got an email from amazon saying my copy of zelda has been unexpectantly delayed and they now estimate I'll recieve it on the 7th! They apologise! I pre-ordered it in January! The bastards! Has anyone else had this? I can see this estimate being stretched as well...

Yep :( Says arriving Monday (for now)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My god, it's glorious. I've only done the first couple of hours, but you can really see the Monolithsoft touch with the game world. The whole place feels alive in a way very few other open world game manage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Barnard said:

It's really quite hard. :omg:

The GiantBomb video review showed that it auto saves pretty much constantly. Whenever he died he restarted no more than a few seconds earlier. Is that your experience too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My man Mahesh is killin' it in the amazon live chat...

 

"Mahesh:

For selected customers we are unable to deliver.

In this. I'm one of them

I hope you understand that I'm the father who is unable to gift my son today.

But I've confidence that I can convince my kid about this.

I can explain him about the hard work our internal team is doing to get the stock from the suppliers and to dispatch customer orders as soon as possible.

I see that you're a loyal customer to us from past 15 years and you know how we will deliver the orders.

Please be assured that we are doing our best to deliver the orders in time."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been weaning myself off videogames in recent years. Having three kids meant my spare time dropped alarmingly, and what little time I had left I wanted to use on being more productive with my creative work.

 

Frankly, though, fuck productivity and the kids. I'm getting this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

So glad I cancelled my Switch pre-order and went with the WiiU version as there's literally no difference between the 2 -

 

 

Whats with the dreadful matrix style green tint on the switch version or is it the way its been captured? Especially around the 4 min mark into the vid. Going to pick up the Wii u version in abit, cant wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's less forgiving than the usual Zelda gameplay, certainly in the first hours. Enemies hit harder, theres 1 shot kill enemies within the first hour, you can't just chop grass for hearts, weapons break quickly...

 

This is tempered however. There aren't that many enemies around at first, the one shot kill enemies telegraph attacks for ages, it chucks healing items and food at you, and in the first 10 minutes you'll have 4 different weapons and about 5 of some of them.

 

It's interesting to see a Zelda game be so different but still have that familiarity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hodge said:

Whats with the dreadful matrix style green tint on the switch version or is it the way its been captured? Especially around the 4 min mark into the vid. Going to pick up the Wii u version in abit, cant wait.

 

It's just dark/overcast in the Switch version at that point in the video isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Sloth said:

My man Mahesh is killin' it in the amazon live chat...

 

"Mahesh:

For selected customers we are unable to deliver.

In this. I'm one of them

I hope you understand that I'm the father who is unable to gift my son today.

But I've confidence that I can convince my kid about this.

I can explain him about the hard work our internal team is doing to get the stock from the suppliers and to dispatch customer orders as soon as possible.

I see that you're a loyal customer to us from past 15 years and you know how we will deliver the orders.

Please be assured that we are doing our best to deliver the orders in time."

 

 

 

Mahesh lies. He doesn't really care about you at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

 

It's just dark/overcast in the Switch version at that point in the video isn't it?

 

it is, but notice a a definite green push as well.  Overall the wii u colour palette looks more pleasing to my eyes than the switch.

 

3 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Just reserved the Wii U version at my local Argos for £48.99 for immediate pickup. 

 

Same here, need to get dust of my wii u first and get some charge in the pad, been dead for the past 2 months :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pob said:

The GiantBomb video review showed that it auto saves pretty much constantly. Whenever he died he restarted no more than a few seconds earlier. Is that your experience too?

 

Yes. It auto saves in steps so you can load any point over about ten minutes in two minute increment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.