revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Well, the main shake up of Link Between Worlds was that you could decide the order of the items so my point still stands, Mr. Passive Aggressive :P

I'd say the main shake up was the ability to play the dungeons in any order, which as a by product allowed you to get the items in any order.

Well, the main shake up of Link Between Worlds was that you could decide the order of the items so my point still stands, Mr. Passive Aggressive :P

The order in which you get items and do dungeons is the very core of a Zelda game. To change that is a shake up of huge proportions. Can you not see that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know, it made it a lot more streamlined and offered at least an illusion of non-linearity but the dungeons were still pretty much by the book Zelda. Good dungeons though, as I said I liked a Link Between Worlds. I also like what I see of this new game, it looks lush. I just hope they ditch the handholding, padding and backtracking and repeated fights/tasks that made Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so devastatingly boring. At least we won't be having to deal with broken motion controls this time round so that should be an improvement from the start.

I'd like it to be a bit harder and to have less hand-holding. The 3DS game was great, but it was pretty easy, especially in terms of finding the next place to go to. In this vast wonderful land they are creating I want to wander aimlessly a lot and just discover stuff.

The order in which you get items and do dungeons is the very core of a Zelda game. To change that is a shake up of huge proportions. Can you not see that?

Not really, having to do some dungeons before others, yes, but that hasn't changed since 1. The core of Zelda is puzzle dungeons with heart piece bosses and a load of tools, something which I hope they never change. All this needs to be is less repetitive than SS and I'm in.

I definitely agree that combat doesn't need to be hard but it does need to be interesting. Most Zelda baddies become easy when you've worked out their weaknesses but, at first confrontation, can be a little bit challenging which is just right in my book. Ditto the bosses, albeit in a scaled up way. As for puzzles well Zelda has always been brilliant at those with the odd stunner that is usuallly very easy but takes you a fair while to work out. What I do want though is a massive-ish world, no hand holding and loads of random exploring. A few people (well loads of people on gaf) have responded to that video with Zelda Skyrim (which is a bit of a stretch given that the video doesn't show much at all really, other than a really cool bow and arrow) and if the world can be both richly populated in places but also expansive, mysterious and lonely then in my eyes it will be great.

I have to say though that it definitely looks stunningly beautiful

Oh and no warping :)

You say that now. Just wait until return to the otherside of the world to collect item thingy-me-bob quest appears so you can open a chest only to find it's just an empty fucking jar!

You say that now. Just wait until return to the otherside of the world to collect item thingy-me-bob quest appears so you can open a chest only to find it's just an empty fucking jar!

What do you mean, "just" a jar? They're the most useful items in the game.

• Upvote 6

Which came first, the item or the dungeon?

Which came first, the chicken or the ARGHHHHHHHH THEY'RE PECKING MEEEEEEEE

What do you mean, "just" a jar? They're the most useful items in the game.

They used to be. In an effort to make the game more punishing, each jar now has a hole in the bottom.

I typed female link into google image search, and now I need counselling.

Also did anyone spot the Link costume from Bayonetta 1 Wii U (which is now bundled with Bayonetta 2)

WiiU_Bayonetta_scrn09_E3-570x320.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks absolutely amazing. I know people say this about all sorts of games, but surely this is the game to rescue the Wii U. I know I'll buy one to play it.

I don't see any game rescuing the Wii U in terms of mass market sales. It'll sell to Nintendo fans and that's it. Sales bump for a couple of weeks and then back to normal.