revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

What is this ridiculous "link is a girl" stuff, based on absolutely nothing besides a two inch ponytail. There's one bloke on neogaf who keeps repeating it and one bloke on here too. Same dude?

It'd be really cool if they made Link a girl. Or gave you the choice. But I don't see it at all.

Nope, only got a Rllmuk account. :D

Man, can someone re-do the first post in this thread? Maybe take a leaf out of VN1X, Robo_1 or Sarge's book on how to start a thread?

I mean we're talking about (possibly) one of the most legendary games of the last (and next) 10, 15 years, and this is its official rllmuk thread? Ah well...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Man, can someone re-do the first post in this thread? Maybe take a leaf out of VN1X, Robo_1 or Sarge's book on how to start a thread?

I mean we're talking about (possibly) one of the most legendary games of the last (and next) 10, 15 years, and this is its official rllmuk thread? Ah well...

See? This guy get's it! A nice orderly post and thread title makes rllmuk a happier place. :wub:

(but to be fair to the OP, there's not much info around currently)

Bearing in mind I have no idea what the general consensus of people's fillings on the matter but do we know if this will have full voice-acting in this?

Actually, what are people's thoughts on voices in Zelda? I'm not precious about it and think they should go all out in shaking it up.

It looks bloody gorgeous whatever.

Bearing in mind I have no idea what the general consensus of people's fillings on the matter but do we know if this will have full voice-acting in this?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think Link's a girl, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the character in the footage is Zelda. Bows are her established weapon of choice, and whilst Link has obviously used one there's a notable lack of sword, shield or green tunic on display.

As for voice acting, I don't have an issue with them skipping it but I think using a fake language could be cool; Gravity Rush and Ico would be examples. It sidesteps the issue of dodgy dubs, or indeed audio localisation, yet opens up another means of conveying emotion, tone and timing.

I want to have that feeling I had when playing Red Dead Redemption where I'd slowly ride around soaking up the atmosphere. That but with a proper game attached to it.

Very promising not just in terms of the style of what's been shown, but also the emphasis on making it a large open explorable world.

I want to have that feeling I had when playing Red Dead Redemption where I'd slowly ride around soaking up the atmosphere. That but with a proper game attached to it.

Very promising not just in terms of the style of what's been shown, but also the emphasis on making it a large open explorable world.

Holy smokes. This please.

Zelda is a girl. Besides, who actually cares? I'm all for female Link. Shit, release Super Marion Sis. for all I care. If the games are good, they'll get played. The only people who care whether Link is male or female are those who secretly want him and Zelda to get it on in some dirty fanfic wankfest.

The main character in The Legend of Zelda Wii U sure looks like longtime hero Link, but producer Eiji Aonuma is teasing that this may not be the case.

“No one explicitly said that that was Link," Aonuma told GamesBeat, leading to speculation that the blue-tuniced champion from the trailer isn't our familiar hero.

The main candidate that seems to be cropping up is Zelda, with some suggesting that the character looks like her alter-ego Sheik minus a scarf and cap. Of course, this doesn't mean Link isn't the star of the upcoming game, and Aonuma could just be being vague for the time-being.

With Zelda not sure until next year it may be a while before we know for sure. In the meantime, check out the trailer and let us know your thoughts and be sure to keep abreast of everything we know for sure.

IGN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Calling it. Direct sequel to WindWaker (but avoiding the DS sequels?). Same art style, but the characters are now older,

That's Tetra. Clearly having to rescue Link.

(Or it's his little sister Aryll.)

• Upvote 2

You didn't play Link Between Worlds? Why not?

Calling it. Direct sequel to WindWaker (but avoiding the DS sequels?). Same art style, but the characters are now older,

This isn't the same art style at all.

Nice idea, but mountains in the distance and a complete lack of the ocean probably means otherwise. Unless there's been a massive drought in the intervening years.