revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Looks absolutely gorgeous assuming that's how the game will actually look and it isn't a target render.

Knowing Nintendo it will probably look better in the end.

At first I thought you played as Zelda - the dramatic cloak reveal seems to imply that the players identity is a surprise, blue is Zelda's traditional colour and a bow and arrow is her traditional weapon.

Maybe I was right?

Looks absolutely gorgeous assuming that's how the game will actually look and it isn't a target render.

I don't think there's any reason to suspect that. It's not like they've stuffed in ultra-high res textures or a load of dynamic lighting. I can see it being akin to Wind Waker - not necessarily a game that pushes its native hardware to the limit, but one with an art style that makes it visually timeless.

Confirmed by Nintendo Rep as in engine

I don't think there's any reason to suspect that. It's not like they've stuffed in ultra-high res textures or a load of dynamic lighting. I can see it being akin to Wind Waker - not necessarily a game that pushes its native hardware to the limit, but one with an art style that makes it visually timeless.

If Zelda looks this good I don't see how it won't "push its native hardware to the limit". There's serious technical chops on display here.

• Upvote 1

Loving the art style, a nice continuation from Skyward Sword. Not overtly cartoony, more painterly really. Looks sort of like a more detailed Journey. I am going to have to buy a Wii U at some point it seems.

How can anyone thing that's *not* Link. Of course it's Link! The tunic he's wearing is the same as the one he wears at the start of Wind Waker.... he doesn't have the Skyfall Knight tunic yet.

What is this ridiculous "link is a girl" stuff, based on absolutely nothing besides a two inch ponytail. There's one bloke on neogaf who keeps repeating it and one bloke on here too. Same dude?

It'd be really cool if they made Link a girl. Or gave you the choice. But I don't see it at all.

What is this ridiculous "link is a girl" stuff, based on absolutely nothing besides a two inch ponytail. There's one bloke on neogaf who keeps repeating it and one bloke on here too. Same dude?

It'd be really cool if they made Link a girl. Or gave you the choice. But I don't see it at all.

It's not 'absolutely nothing'. I saw it and thought it was a girl. It's based on the character looking a bit like a girl. To me anyway.

I agree, they should make it a choice.

That's just Link. He's always been elfin and a little androgynous.

faketvcqe.gif

real07uo2.gif

A default female Link would be really great, a nice way to make an instant break from tradition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1