revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

12 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

The L trigger does targeting. Or do you mean a toggle?

Yep. Toggle. I'll call it Z-targeting until the day I die. 

Yes, and you can just save it to your album instead of post it online with Miiverse. But the Switch screenshot thing doesn't interrupt/works better. Not exactly the end of the world. 

3 minutes ago, scottcr said:

the picture capture stuff is extremely quick...

Wait, on Wii U? Are you guys taking the piss or does Wii U have a screenshot function I've never heard about?

Life is full of difficulties - for example, whether one should play with a just-arrived new (possibly best ever) Zelda game, or a new Roland synthesizer.

IMG_5223.JPG

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Broker said:

Wait, on Wii U? Are you guys taking the piss or does Wii U have a screenshot function I've never heard about?

The latter, though scott's talking about the Switch capture button.

Only done it a couple of times on Wii U so I'm probably not the person to ask, but IIRC you press Home when you want to take a screenshot, then load up Miiverse and you can post it from there. Then grab it from the web version of Miiverse and post on here? I think?

• Upvote 1

@Majora How did you get through the cold area? I was wondering if there are multiple solutions. Only one of them required going somewhere cold though, the other one that's near there can also be reached by a really long upward climb.

6 minutes ago, Majora said:

The tutorial is so much smarter than past Zelda games have been. [...] What do you do?

It's not exactly rocket science but the key is that Nintendo are trusting the player, along with some conveniently located items, to figure it out for themselves and thus familiarise themselves with a key component of the game.

Yeah, this is something I'm really happy about. Much of the handholding which I found hugely annoying in the post Majora's Mask games seems to be gone. So far it's been delightful, if they keep this up to the end without ending up with annoying padding out and boring chores it's a winner.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nate Dogg III said:

The latter, though scott's talking about the Switch capture button.

Only done it a couple of times on Wii U so I'm probably not the person to ask, but IIRC you press Home when you want to take a screenshot, then load up Miiverse and you can post it from there. Then grab it from the web version of Miiverse and post on here? I think?

Wow, that seems crazy that I didn't know. I fucking love screenshots.

4 minutes ago, CS2x said:

Life is full of difficulties - for example, whether one should play with a just-arrived new (possibly best ever) Zelda game, or a new Roland synthesizer.

IMG_5223.JPG

JD-Xa! Nice.

IMG_2041.JPG

4 minutes ago, Broker said:

@Majora How did you get through the cold area? I was wondering if there are multiple solutions. Only one of them required going somewhere cold though, the other one that's near there can also be reached by a really long upward climb.

Cooked some chilis

• Upvote 2

It is a thing of beauty.  Love the art style and direction it has gone. Its gonna be one hell of a ride.

And seeing that everyone is posting their new shiny switch pics of zelda, heres one running on the once loved but not forgotten Wii U. And no left thumb stick issues in sight ;) IMG_20170303_153846549.thumb.jpg.701bdcfdf1b12f268ec525614a2f868c.jpg

• Upvote 3

Re the cold area

First time I basically brute forced it. Made a fire, lit a torch and ran with it til it burned out, then just abused the save system because it only puts you back a few steps from where you died so long as you do something to force a save – eating something, killing an enemy or when all else fails, manually saving. 

The second time I cooked up something spicy, like a non-idiot.

I like these pictures. :) Haven't been part of collective new game excitement in so many years...

Napole0n - that Virus looks gorgeous! Always wanted one of those. Perhaps some of us who make music will go all pastoral after a few weeks of Zeldering.

I've just impulse bought a WiiU solely for this.

Not played Zelda since Link's Awakening and A Link To The Past! Well, apart from an aborted attempt at The Phantom Hourglass.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

That looks suspiciously like a National Express bus in Birmingham...If so, you're very brave!

IMG_5218.thumb.JPG.476155c9ffd8fbe2021b7c809f70abcf.JPGIt is, and I only took it out as the top deck was empty! 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, CS2x said:

I like these pictures. :) Haven't been part of collective new game excitement in so many years...

Napole0n - that Virus looks gorgeous! Always wanted one of those. Perhaps some of us who make music will go all pastoral after a few weeks of Zeldering.

Virus TI2 is a lovely synth, although truth be told as a VA it's far less essential than it used to be now that the creme-de-la-creme of plugins can match or even surpass it these days. Still, there's nothing like twiddling real knobs (fnar) and it's about as deep a hardware synth as you're ever going to get. It's also an excellent master keyboard as you can have multiple mappings for remote controlling other synths or plugins.

5 minutes ago, boybrown said:

IMG_5218.thumb.JPG.476155c9ffd8fbe2021b7c809f70abcf.JPGIt is, and I only took it out as the top deck was empty! 

10-times-we-felt-really-awkward-during-t

Wasn't she there?

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Broker said:

That's what I posted back there - home button, Miiverse, save to album.  You can log into your miiverse from your PC and do what you want with the photies.

• Upvote 1

Cold area recipe

Spoiler

His diary says he remembers meat and spice, but not the third ingredient. The name of the dish is Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry, so obviously fish. If you talk to him a few times with failed recipes he says he got the ingredients near the tower. So, Hyrule Bass from the ponds near the tower, spice pepper and meat from any regular mammal :)

1 minute ago, Sabreman said:

Cold area recipe

Hide contents

His diary says he remembers meat and spice, but not the third ingredient. The name of the dish is something like seafood something something, so obviously fish. If you talk to him a few times with failed recipes he says he got the ingredients near the tower. So, Hyrule Bass from the ponds near the tower, spice pepper and meat from any regular mammal :)

You can also just pop some spicy peppers in the bowl, they'll give 2:30 cold resistance which gets longer if you add more. With the peppers you can find around the hut you'll have more than enough.

• Upvote 1