revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Oh man! I wasn't too fussed about a new Zelda before e3 but that just looked wonderful. Glad they didn't stick with the dreary art style from the old Wii U tech demo. It's so lush! And the flames engulfing the grass around that big Eye Bastard. AARGH.

Perhaps it's just me but Link in this game looks more...womanly what with the pony tail and her(?) eyes looking a bit bigger. Perhaps our hero of the day is a girl this time around?

Glad they chose to focus on such a lush art-style. Exploring that world is going to be wonderfull.

Someone asked in the Nintendo conf thread "where's his green tunic?"

FUCK THE GREEN TUNIC.

Please Nintendo, shake it up massively. The bow looked interesting, like it was teasing us about new gameplay but I couldn't work out what it meant.

No bombs. No hookshot. New stuff! Please!

(or if they insist on keeping them, making them freeform and useful ANYWHERE would go some way to refreshing things)

• Upvote 1

Yeah the way they explained it, going back to the first game, is very promising. Have people actually seen the faces from Skyward sword? Massive improvement here, and I'd argue as good as any 3d japanese style you see in movies. Those explosions!

Looks so very Miyazaki.

It took me a few seconds to realize you were not comparing it to Dark Souls!

But yeah, it looks great. Really glad I went for a PC - PS4 - WII U combo for this generation :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope it runs at 60fps. I know that might sound pedantic to some, but that's the fucking bar for me now. If this can run at 60fps with THAT horizon then we're sorted.

This is going to need some serious debugging. I reckon it's going to be a December 2015 release.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone asked in the Nintendo conf thread "where's his green tunic?"

FUCK THE GREEN TUNIC.

Please Nintendo, shake it up massively. The bow looked interesting, like it was teasing us about new gameplay but I couldn't work out what it meant.

No bombs. No hookshot. New stuff! Please!

(or if they insist on keeping them, making them freeform and useful ANYWHERE would go some way to refreshing things)

No sword in that trailer either. How radical do you want this?

An even more agile Link was always going to happen, but does leaping up from Epona like that indicate we are going to get a jump button this time?

The more I watch that trailer the more i'm convinced it either isn't Link or that Nintendo has just gender swapped one of their biggest characters.