rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Let It Die (PS4)

On 2/24/2018 at 16:55, Sun Tze said:

Decided to let my old account die... and started a new adventure around Christmas. I really should be honing my driving skills in Gran Turismo but this is just so much fun and easy to pick up and play for a few hours. 

There have been plenty QoL improvements, most noticeable are the lack of game crashing bugs and easier ways to accumulate coins and upgrade materials. Personally i greatly appreciate the apparent increase in good decals dropping from the stew and being able to win some via TDM rewards.

They've added floors 42-50 which are entirely occupied by haters and hunters but the levels themselves are just recycled floors. You are restricted in the amount of items you can carry with you to these floors but you can keep all the items you find on those floors so the restriction is only upon access. All four Forcemen have now been unleashed so every faction (D.O.D., War Ensemble, Candle Wolf and M.I.L.K.) has their own optional Boss fight. By now there are also plenty of viable strategies for different weapons/armor to tackle them with so your not screwed anymore if you don't happen to have a maxed out Flaming Buster straight sword S or whatever. Cost of fighting them still steep but you accumulate coins so much faster now it's not really an issue anymore. Other then that they've added various new Chargers and overhauled TDM completely (much better now imo). They've also added weekly and monthly challenges (coins/ Red metals) that reduce the grind to much more acceptable levels. Oh yeah, there's a new vending machine that takes duplicate skill decals and lets you  buy really nice things from time to time. (No matter what you do try to get that Dragon Buster RE sword asap, it's magic) 

Unfortunately you probably just missed out on the 1 year anniversary, the World of Tanks Collaboration or the 4 million downloads! events from last few months. They have been unusually generous and really boosted new and returning players progress by handing out all sorts of nice items and equipment. Fortunately there's another collaboration event around the corner. 

Thanks for the overview.

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed they haven't added more floors to the tower, but it sounds like there have been a lot of QoL improvements and a general easing of the grind. I had burned out on the game by the time I finished the last floor this time a year ago - the amount of prep that went into each run, combined with the load times and how long everything seemed to take, had started to make it feel like work. But it sounds like things have improved a lot in that respect.

I'll probably log in this evening and let my fighters out of the freezer. I wonder how many times my base has been raided and trashed in my absence...

I do hear more floors are coming beyond 50, but yeah - mainly been quality of life stuff, and an overhaul to the Tokyo Death Metro alongside endgame Four Forcemen bosses and new gear.

Senpai!

I saw @Kayin Amoh playing this again the other day, so I've stupidly picked it up again and put another 12 hours in since the weekend!

It's still really fun to dive back in and I hadn't forgotten too much of it - some of the best ways of progressing have changed though so getting used to grinding the TDM and making progress in ways I didn't previously.

Yeah, I've been hammering it quite a bit recently. The new 50+ floors are amazing places to farm compared to the old boss runs of previous months, and you can enter and leave as and when you like - no forced return after going from floor 42-50, you can head up to floor 201 if you like. (Spoiler - you do get kicked out once you reach that level, but there's no special event or anything.)

I'm intending writing an article soon to detail the new changes, and they're almost universally for the better. You won't lose all your gear if you fail a TDM raid, for instance, and there's a lot of alternate ways to score mats that weren't there before. Also, you can now uncap your gear and fighter so that you can buff them up to 30 in all stats, as well as give them an extra decal slot or give them more space in their bags for collecting stuff.

It's damn good, and sucked me straight back in - I've been logging in and doing the occasional run since launch, but now I'm hammering it as there's a lot of new stuff - and you can play the radio in the tower. YOU CAN PLAY THE RADIO IN THE TOWER. Like I said, near universal improvements.

Nice to see this game got the success it deserves. Especially given you can get a lot of mileage out of it without spending a single dime.

I did give up on it around level 23, having beaten the second boss. It was a fun ride, but the grinding for experience and materials just became too much for my taste.

Really like the overall Grasshopper Manufacture production vibes and various references to the Suda-verse, but the narrative hardly ties in with Kill The Past anyway so I decided to focus more on The Silver Case and 25th Ward :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it's very much Hideyuki Shin's own game just with lots of references to Suda's work. I still enjoy the core gameplay loop and art style enough to jump back in every now and then. It's nice that there is always something to work on or to upgrade so that even after a thousand + hours it maintains some sense of progression. 

Interested to see what exactly they are hinting at in the "Uncle D is missing" video, could be a new game or an update to LiD itself.