Rainbow Six Siege x Splinter Cell - Sam Fisher reveal Aug 16th

• 2 months later...

Feeling a bit late to the party... but I just picked this up this afternoon :lol:

Been on the "mean to play" list for ages and saw it on offer so here we are. Any tips for a total beginner?

(I used to play original Counterstrike back in the day if that helps at all?)

The first 50hrs will be a struggle. You need to watch and learn.

When you are one on one wait for the other player to come looking for you.

Use your ears more than your eyes.

When you start to get good the game becomes very addictive.

Did just over an hour last night with a mate and some matchmaking in some PvE scenarios so I could try out some different operators and get used to the play/pace. Really enjoyed it!

Nice to have a lethal shooter to play again, it creates such a different feel to the CoD style Live/Die/Repeat tempo.

You are totally right about the ears, I played with full cup headphones up nice and loud and it really helped.

• 2 weeks later...

I bounced off this game when it launched but I’ve jumped back on as it was a tenner on the Xbox store.

Wow, what a revelation; now totally updated 4K graphics and heaps of content. Amazing support from Ubisoft in this game.

Been playing with a bunch of mates the last few nights and it’s like the heady days of R6 Blackarrow on the OG Xbox all over again. Loving it.

• 4 weeks later...

As sure as night turns into day I’m back on this bloody game, I also have the hidden lure of being close to getting the platinum trophy..

Is there anyway to get the season pass for cheap, esp older ones as fucked if I’m gonna grind for the rest of my life!?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's just got to the point that it got long in the tooth. Loved the game at launch and played it for years but then they really started favouring the pro scene over everything else, to the detriment of other modes. When they removed Bombers from t hunt because pro players liked to use that mode to warm up before games it signalled the end for me and my crew. It's such an incredible feeling game, they could have one of the best L4D style co-op games but they murdered it to chase that e sport dollar.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, MattKB said:

This is on Game Pass tomorrow. Anyone know if it has cross progression?

I don’t think so they just announced this but doesn’t look like they’re applying it retrospectively

2 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

This just popped in GamePass it’s the deluxe edition so looks like you get all season 1 and 2 operators included.

i wonder how that works for people who have the base game and nave unlocked a few operators in-game currency.  I guess only way to find out is delete and re-install from gamepass. 

9 minutes ago, fattakin said:

i wonder how that works for people who have the base game and nave unlocked a few operators in-game currency.  I guess only way to find out is delete and re-install from gamepass. 

It’ll just be keys so don’t Uninstall I’d say just check on the store for the keys to unlock the S1 and 2 operators and they should be free! Or do “manage game” on it and check what shows up under add-ones or ready to install.

This is goosed for me it keeps black screening and returning to the dash on X1X between or at operator selection and before the match has loaded - haven’t played in yonks so was hoping for a n00b killing field situation. Redownloading to see if it fixes itself.