Jump to content

Playdead's INSIDE


Nespresso
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd played about a third of it years ago but just stopped at some point. Returning now I'm about two thirds of the way there.

 

I've honestly never felt so much dread or horror as at some of the scenes with the dogs of the water girl. It's so tense even though you can see just how scripted it is in terms of timing. The sections are typically short. That moment you get over the ledge, up a ladder or out of the water just in time.  It genuinely raises my heartbeat.

 

And there's something just horrid about the death to the dogs. Each time there's a little genuine tug at my heart watching the child be torn apart. So amazingly visceral.

 

It actually makes me put the controller down occasionally to calm myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:


Game is amazing. A modern classic. I really must replay it. Keep playing btw, it’s about to go tonto 🤪


I’m quite a way in I think…I’m way past the section where you 

Spoiler

can breathe underwater


now, so not sure how much there is left. I hope loads!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I'd played about a third of it years ago but just stopped at some point. Returning now I'm about two thirds of the way there.

 

I've honestly never felt so much dread or horror as at some of the scenes with the dogs of the water girl. It's so tense even though you can see just how scripted it is in terms of timing. The sections are typically short. That moment you get over the ledge, up a ladder or out of the water just in time.  It genuinely raises my heartbeat.

 

And there's something just horrid about the death to the dogs. Each time there's a little genuine tug at my heart watching the child be torn apart. So amazingly visceral.

 

It actually makes me put the controller down occasionally to calm myself.


The bit where you get shredded by sound waves is my favourite!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ZOK said:

now, so not sure how much there is left. I hope loads!

 

One thing that suits my mindset is always being able to see roughly how far I am through it. Obviously, it's only a rough guide because it's basically each save/respawn point and they vary in length but it's good enough.

 

I can understand it might upset some though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, thesnwmn said:

 

One thing that suits my mindset is always being able to see roughly how far I am through it. Obviously, it's only a rough guide because it's basically each save/respawn point and they vary in length but it's good enough.

 

I can understand it might upset some though.


How do you see that? There’s no interface is there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ZOK said:

so not sure how much there is left. I hope loads!


It isn’t so much that you have loads left, although to be fair it’s been a while since I played it so I couldn’t honestly say, it’s more that what you do have left is incredible.

 

Well, I thought it was anyway. Genuinely one of the greatest games I’ve ever played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

Yep, it's an all-timer all right. Expectations for Somerville are very high!

 

Once you finish, @ZOK, go back and try to find all the secrets. Some are very well-hidden, but there's a useful chapter/scene select feature.


Speaking of which, what the hell is going on with Somerville?! Isn’t it still scheduled for a 2022 release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Yep, it's an all-timer all right. Expectations for Somerville are very high!

 

Once you finish, @ZOK, go back and try to find all the secrets. Some are very well-hidden, but there's a useful chapter/scene select feature.


Do you mean the lit up objects that you break? I’ve done 5 or 6 of those I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

Somerville? But this game is already about a smalltown boy who has to run away turn away run away turn away run away. 


I am awarding this Post of the Year. You may refer to my award in your current and future marketing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.