IGNORED

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Hexx

To be fair it would be more demanding, it is a far better looking game. Even on the xbox one it looks way beyond 2013 TR in general - it is essentially a next gen game - despite the 360 (well handled) down port.

That is true. 2013 TR doesn't look quite as good as I remembered.

I over estimated the 960 though, it seems my 770 is actually better. I thought it was the other way round for some reason.

Apparently console optimisation is alive and well, not bad for something with the equivalent of an AMD 7790 and slow CPU, you need a significantly more powerful than PS4 PC to equal it, shame they don't bench on console equivalent specs so we can see how much optimisation actually helps:

The Xbox One version of the game was clearly optimised to operate at its best on a closed platform and as such, it's not actually possible to fuly duplicate console settings here. The closest match requires a meaty system to get the job done - an i5 quad with something along the lines of a GTX 960 to hit 1080p30 on high settings.

Is the input lag on the Xbone version unfixable or something?

I played through the whole thing and didn't notice it at all for what it's worth. I think it's an overblown issue.

Agreed. Played through it and didn't notice anything. I only know about it because it was mentioned in this thread.

I would put that down to piss poor optimization on PC due to a much lower budget first.

Nixxes did the very impressive X360 port and the previous non-Microsoft console ports of the previous games, so doubtful.

When's the definitive edition coming out on the PS4?

The gossip says that Microsoft, in exchange for allowing Square Enix to even mention that the game wasn't actually an X1 exclusive, had to agree to delay the PS4 version even further than originally planned, so it's likely to be out much later this year. I hope Microsoft offered them very good terms.

I would put that down to piss poor optimization on PC due to a much lower budget first.

I'd put it down to shitloads of extra sparklies. TR2013 needed a beast to run magnificently at the time, too, and that was a 360/ps3 game originally.

The gossip says that Microsoft, in exchange for allowing Square Enix to even mention that the game wasn't actually an X1 exclusive, had to agree to delay the PS4 version even further than originally planned, so it's likely to be out much later this year. I hope Microsoft offered them very good terms.

MS had to agree to delay the ps4 version?

I thought the bone version looked amazing, but in 4k its absolutely insane, looks hyper real in places and so many amazing touches such as the scuffs and cuts on Lara's skin as she gets more battle scarred and worn.

If you have a decent rig I wouldnt hesitate to invest in this.

Playing this now. It looks lovely on my moderate set up. I probably wouldn't have bought it as it came with the graphics card. Working through the first few levels so it's slowly showing you the ropes.

It does feel a bit like dragons lair at times, keep repeating the section until you input correct moves in order and get to the next set piece. Hoping it opens up after the intro so you can tackle each platform via multiple options.

Playing this now. It looks lovely on my moderate set up. I probably wouldn't have bought it as it came with the graphics card. Working through the first few levels so it's slowly showing you the ropes.

It does feel a bit like dragons lair at times, keep repeating the section until you input correct moves in order and get to the next set piece. Hoping it opens up after the intro so you can tackle each platform via multiple options.

you're in for a real treat fella.

It very quickly opens out after the intro and tutorial bits.

The PC version is absolutely lovely, and runs like a dream for me at least. It streams beautifully over Steam too.

Is the Baba Yaga DLC any good?

I started and finished it last night, it is far shorter than I imagined. The last story DLC I played was Bioshock 2 (Minerva's Den) and that was far better value for money, just for amount of content given to you.

I was disappointed that an hour of the Baba Yaga dlc is spent with you going back to the Soviet area to get some pickups, bit cheeky that. Overall I enjoyed it, it's very nicely made, it does look gorgeous and they have done a fantastic job with the setting. It even made me jump quite a bit at one point. Unfortunately it's basically a puzzle, a fight and then a final boss combined with a puzzle and some collecting at the start. Happy I bought it from Russian store for £4.50 but still feel a little bit short changed at that price.

This is incredible. Visually it has to be the most gorgeous game I've ever played.

I love the crafting and survival elements they've added in too. The bow handles so well.

Was going to play it for half the day before with today, and half The Witness, but this is much more my kind of game so played it all day.

This is incredible. Visually it has to be the most gorgeous game I've ever played.

I love the crafting and survival elements they've added in too. The bow handles so well.

Was going to play it for half the day before with today, and half The Witness, but this is much more my kind of game so played it all day.

Yeah watching you play it earlier got me back into it