Rise of the Tomb Raider

Hexx

• 2 weeks later...

Got £180 of vouchers for Argos at work and used £31.99 of it to get this. Keeping it aside until I;ve finished the Definitive Edition I got with Gold a couple of months back. Played it before but hate changing games mid (questionable) narrative. Still looking forward to it.

This is on sale on the Xbox Store currently. I'm not sure if it's a daily deal or on for a bit longer.

I just got it from the Singapore store for £23. About £10 less than it is on the UK store.

Finished this with 80% completion today, I was going to try and get all of the collectables but I was just bored of them by the end. Apart from that the game was great, I enjoyed all of the hidden tombs exploring the different hubs in the game.

I think I'm going to go back and complete the original Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games now staring with Legend, after spending two games with new Lara it'll be nice to play a game where she's has a sense of humour and is actually enjoying the adventure.

EDIT: Did anyone actually play this stealthily? I murdered everyone I met for materials and ammo, it also made getting the collectibles in each area a lot easier.

I think I may be spending far too much time collecting shit in the hub areas. I still only have a pistol and bow! Up to the gulag now.

I think I may be spending far too much time collecting shit in the hub areas. I still only have a pistol and bow! Up to the gulag now.

Looks amazing, but seems more arcadey, in a way that's hard to explain. Lara's lighter to the touch.

I'm going to make an uncharted comparison. A favourable one, obv, can the camera be moved back slightly?

Good demo. Does my save carry over to the full version?

I got this for Christmas and having played through the opening sections (have just been returned to the initial location) my reaction is that this is proper next gen, no idea how well screenshots of the 360 version hold up but this is amazing looking. I'm pretty blown away, I'd already seen a couple of videos but have still been taken aback at how pretty it is. It's linear as hell but I've been able to sink into it and get properly adsorbed.

Very pleased!

Edit: for those that have played the game, what kind of difficulty should I be on? I've gone for the standard "heroic" (one notch below hardest) but am wondering if I should restart it and bump up the difficulty to Max.

I had it above normal and it had its tricky moments but nothing that took too long to pass.

It's a really good game, but the first is better. Also coming from playing rise of the tomb raider to playing the last of us, the stealth is much easier to pull off in rise.

Rise also has WAY too much collectibles. Don't get me wrong, I like collectables but this game over does it. I stopped on 80% and I think I might want till the Pc version before playing it again.

For those that haven't played the first in the series on steam yet it's currently a bargainous £2.24!

Fantastic price and a great game... some of the set pieces and locations are absolutely stunning. You even get extra weird wavy hair effects (TressFX Hair) in the PC version. Well if you have an AMD card anyway remember it being a big thing when it was released. In fact might have to play through some of this again its been a while and see if the hair effects still work with NVidia cards... Also make a good run up to the next instalment.

Fantastic price and a great game... some of the set pieces and locations are absolutely stunning. You even get extra weird wavy hair effects (TressFX Hair) in the PC version. Well if you have an AMD card anyway remember it being a big thing when it was released. In fact might have to play through some of this again its been a while and see if the hair effects still work with NVidia cards... Also make a good run up to the next instalment.

Very important to note that current gen console owners also get TressFX hair in TR:DE.

Very important to note that current gen console owners also get TressFX hair in TR:DE.

Ah right! I've actually got TR:DE on the Xbox One think it came with Games With Gold one month. Might be good to play through this version. Not sure what's definitive about it but hey why not.

Edit: Looks like the definitive edition has an extra tomb in it.

Just played the demo through and it's very pretty. Like another chapter of the reboot which is no bad thing. Look forward to playing through the rest on the PC in January.

This is currently on sale at shopto for £27.85 if anyone is looking at buying it.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1RI10-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-inc-hopes-bastion-pack-dlc

Best selling digital title on Xbox over Xmas:

Rise of the Tomb Raider was the best selling digital Xbox One game during Christmas week.

TICGN posted the top 10 best selling digital Xbox One games during Christmas week. Rise of the Tomb Raider was on the top of the list. The chart doesnt include free games, so its fair.

Lara Crofts latest adventure managed to edge out Star Wars Battlefront. This is impressive since Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out the week before Christmas.

Rise of the Tomb Raider has had a bit of a resurgence after getting utterly buried when it first came out on November 10th. The launch of the game was quiet mainly because everyone bought Fallout 4 instead.

Since many people may have finished Fallout 4 already, they have have migrated and finally gave Lara Croft a chance. Not to mention Microsoft offered a demo for the game and sold it for a discount during the Holiday season too.

The top 10 selling Xbox One digital games for the last 7 days were as follows: 1) Rise of the Tomb Raider, 2) Star Wars Battlefront, 3) Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, 4) Minecraft, 5) Ori and the Blind Forest, 6) Need for Speed, 7) Grand Theft Auto V, 8) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, 9) Madden NFL 16, 10) Kinect Sports Rivals

Number 10 would imply lots of people have picked up a Kinect.