rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Robo_1

E3 2014 Nintendo Conference Thread: June 10th Treehouse Now Live

Nintendo E3 Poll  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its the best idea ever, but I fear Nintendo are just far too conservative for that.

I agree. The fact they still drip feed old games to the store shows that. They should bang them all up at once and make a big deal about having the most (and best) games all available instantly.

Older games are so small they could even rival the streaming services for near-instant access. Why bother even using local storage for NES/SNES games? They would download in a flash. Maybe just cache the last 10 games automatically.

• Upvote 1

I'm expecting a 3D Mario HD collection. The Galaxy games in particular will barely need any work and look ace in HD.

That's a tall order, and I'd be surprised if that'd be happening. Would be great though, as I never finished Mario Galaxy and didn't even get around playing the sequel.

The only issue I see with that is the lack on new titles coming in - a subscription service that never changes - there will be people that will have their fun with the service and not subscribe again. I guess they can stagger releases/consoles/imports e.t.c but doesn't seem like there will be enough to keep the masses subscribing (I would).

The presentation (or whatever they're calling it) finishes. Fade to black. Suddenly, the Zelda secret jingle plays. A date appears...2014...Wii U...

That'd do me, right there.

The presentation (or whatever they're calling it) finishes. Fade to black. Suddenly, the Zelda secret jingle plays. A date appears...2014...Wii U...

There's no chance Zelda WiiU will be out this year. From first footage to release within 6 months? It'll never happen.

That's a tall order, and I'd be surprised if that'd be happening. Would be great though, as I never finished Mario Galaxy and didn't even get around playing the sequel.

Why do you think it's a tall order? Must be a hell of a lot cheaper/quicker than making a new game. Windwaker HD seemed to go down well.

Available for download NOW. £200.

• Upvote 1

There's no chance Zelda WiiU will be out this year. From first footage to release within 6 months? It'll never happen.

I know, I know. But I'd like to pretend Nintendo have actually been working on it solid since the initial initial reveal a couple of years ago!

After Wind Waker, I'd quite like an HD, widescreen version of Super Mario Sunshine for my next blast of blue sky gaming, with the odd camera niggles fixed and something to let you know which levels/shines you're yet to find all the blue coins in. Dat water in HD :wub:

• Upvote 4

If they were to do Mario Galaxy in HD, would it be Galaxy 3 or HD versions of 1 & 2, either straight up or as a remix?

Or is a remix of Galaxy 1 & 2 what Galaxy 3 would be anyway?

If they were to do Mario Galaxy in HD, would it be Galaxy 3 or HD versions of 1 & 2, either straight up or as a remix?

Or is a remix of Galaxy 1 & 2 what Galaxy 3 would be anyway?

The next Mario game will be Mario Universe.

Land > World > Sun > Galaxy > Universe ;)

Guaranteed, X release date this year. Bayo 2 this year. WiiU Zelda next year but amazing trailer. MM 3DS this year for Christmas.

They've won E3 already.

• Upvote 1

Guaranteed, X release date this year. Bayo 2 this year. WiiU Zelda next year but amazing trailer. MM 3DS this year for Christmas.

They've won E3 already.

If this is what we're getting, I'd agree.

• Upvote 1

They've won E3 already.

Well as someone who didn't really get on with the combat system in Xenoblade (or the REALLY annoying chatter of your team meates), found the twitch gameplay of Bayonetta too difficult to become any good at and doesn't own a 3DS, I'm feeling slightly less enthusiastic :)

The next Mario game will be Mario Universe.

Land > World > Sun > Galaxy > Universe ;)

Maybe they'll go microscopic. "Honey, I Shrunk The Mario Bros"

I think we've gotten our fill of HD re-releases in the other presentations. New announcements please.

We all want new games but after WindWaker I'm convinced there's a ton of mileage in updating a few of the SD classics. It must be insanely profitable too.

im still baffled why they didn't call the MiiVerse the UMiiVerse, fits in with the whole philosophy.

You and me, me and you, lots and lots, for us to do...

• Upvote 1

Don't forget the offshoot that is "3D".

Land, World, maybe there's room for a Galaxy there before they need to move onto Universe? ;)

Just dug out my thoughts on Nintendo after last years E3. Posted almost exactly a year ago (and before I bought a WiiU):

Nintendo are basically the Apple of the Computer Games. t's just they are currently Apple when Apple was getting it's face kicked off.

People criticise them because they don't do things the way the other players do. They don't pump out titles. They don't embrace cutting edge technology. They don't make new IPs*.

They don't innovate with IP* they innovate with mechanics and design. Whether it is refining design (like the 2D marios) or exploring game mechanics, the theme of a game is just to make it presentable to the audience. The games where they don't do this are always to please fans (e.g. Twilight Princess) they are always the games least well remembered.

They don't sell via violence. Now, I love shooting the head off things that currently have heads as much as the next guy, but I'm so glad that there exists a company that doesn't do that. There was barely a gun in nintendo's E3 showing. I like that.

When making games you have a choice of:

• Frequently released

• Good games

• Polished games

But you only get to pick two. When there exist two carbon copied organisations that have put out two carbon copied consoles - where the biggest differentiator is the DRM between them, I can't get my head around people wanting Nintendo to be more like them.

The irony is that Nintendo are trying to do what these people want. Thats why the graphic style of NSMB hasn't changed. They want to get it out the door quicker. But by bending to people's demands then they are damaging their brand (as they would if they expanded to new studios who would inevitably release sub-par nintendo games).

The attach rate of games to a console in its lifetime is about 9 games. Nintendo put a dozen great games out over the life of a console. They don't go down in price. They don't get resold. They get remembered for generations. No one else does that.

They are never going to produce enough content to satisfy someone who posts on a game forum, just as Pixar won't singlehandly satisfy a movie fan. But as long as they are making that content who cares? The real question is can Pixar justify it's own-brand movie player hardware. That's the crux of the issue.

* what a horrible, souless, artless term that is.

It's long, so I've spoilered. But I think equal applies this year.

Pretty sure majoras mask 3DS is a thing.

Didn't one of the devs let slip regarding the mask in the newest zelda game?

The guys who made the OOT remake since have made just one of the Street Pass Games (Flower one), so they have had lots of time to make MM.

Also wonder if we will see Monolith Softs 3DS game?

So much potential - but also potential for please undertsands

I'll absolutely eat up whatever they show later. Everything they've released since 3D Land has been pretty close to perfect.

I hope we get to see Zelda and that they keep to what made A Link Between Worlds so good.