rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Thread Owner

Help to design getstrong.co.uk for CrispinG

I've bought getstrong.co.uk and am wanting to make Crisping a basic website. Is anyone willing to help with the design? I'd like a logo with the words "get strong" and perhaps a victorian strongman, and/or pictures of his physique, but my graphic design skills are poor. This is my attempt:

post-19101-0-19121800-1401319901.png

The lifting position doesn't look very good, I'm not sure the three colours work, and the moustache is rubbish, so I'm sure that someone can do better....

No problem, is there a time line so I can sketch out some ideas for you. If you're not comfortable talking here just pm, its the least I can do for all the help you given here.

I really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I've been talking to geekette about this over PM and it's something I want to take seriously this year and try to make a go of.

I'm basically clueless about web design and don't know how to edit or even access a URL I own so she has kindly offered to help me out setting it up so I at least have a presence online. And Tofu that's really kind of you, I wouldn't know where to begin without you guys. This forum is an amazing network.

• Upvote 2

That would be fantastic, another forumite has hooked me up with the manager of his office building and she said I could put up posters and leaflets around the office and maybe even offer sample PT in the building, so I need to get some printed ASAP. I haven't had any photos taken while I'm working so I don't really have any images I could use but I really just want something nice and clean that says who I am, what I can offer people and where they can find me. I'm not expecting you to design me a logo and leaflets for free obviously so will PM you with some ideas and you can tell me what's a fair price for your work. Thanks again!

Get a logo designed by all means, but don't get a full website designed, it will be much easier and simpler to modify / improve a wordpress template.

Yeah pledge told me that on Tuesday, he said you can redirect it to your own URL so it looks more professional. I really just want something clean and simple with basic contact information and a page explaining what I can help people with. The last couple of days have showed me again that my real networking strength is through the internet so I definitely do need to focus on the online stuff.

Yeah please, I really need it, obviously last time we spoke I just wasn't motivated enough but I'm pretty serious about making it happen now. "Motivated" isn't the right word - taking it more seriously as a business always daunted me and if I feel overwhelmed my typical response is to run away from something, but I'm trying to change that.

OK I replied back to Geekette's pm but just need all the necessary information. Flyers are going to be easier to do, the logo may most of my time designing it.

My cousin is a fitness instructor in Dublin and he seems to do a lot of stuff on Facebook, so maybe consider getting a Get Strong social media thing going too?

Plus get a blog on any site you create site and post some tips on there once a week. You know your stuff and seeing collection of your tips and tricks will give people confidence to call.

I've created a Wordpress site and just working on it now, is there a way to add a logo to it that appears at the top of the page instead of the generic theme layout? I'm gonna upgrade it to premium anyway once I've got some stuff on there, so dunno if that's only possibly once you've upgraded.

also I do want to make a Facebook page but I don't have any photos of myself working. Gaz is really good with social media and I'm gonna speak to him about this very soon.

I need some of me instructing a client ideally. I already spoke to the guy who owns the private gym I work from and he's fine with me bringing in someone to take photos, so just need to get that arranged. And although it's vain and superficial I should get a decent picture of my own body in a gym because that at least shows people I practise what I preach. Not uncommon in personal trainers but not as ubiquitous as you'd imagine either.

I'm still tinkering with Wordpress and have written a frontage and an About page, put a sidebar on with contact details and a map with the location of the gym I work out of. Just really want some images and maybe testimonials. I don't think they'd be hard to get; I'm in touch with most people I've trained through the forum and was pretty friendly with them all so they'd probably be willing to write a couple of sentences.

yeah I'd really love some photos Adam, i know we've discussed that before and I'm kicking myself for not doing it back then when I had a lot of work and could have promoted it properly. I'll have to find someone to agree to be photographed but will let you know when I do and you can tell me how much it all costs. thanks.

yeah I'd really love some photos Adam, i know we've discussed that before and I'm kicking myself for not doing it back then when I had a lot of work and could have promoted it properly. I'll have to find someone to agree to be photographed but will let you know when I do and you can tell me how much it all costs. thanks.

You'll need permission from the building owners as well, really before getting a photographer involved. Something along these lines:

http://www.alamy.com/contributors/Alamy-stock-photography-property-release-form.pdf

Guys, try squarespace for the website, you can get 10% off with the offer code Guardian and it's a dead easy, wizard led web design host. Really good and easy to use.

My personal website is hosted over at tshost, £15 a year for everything you would need (also there's the TENPERCENT code which I need to remember to use the next time I renew) and their support is excellent. They offer 1-click wordpress installs, after which point you can do what you want in terms of installing themes, extensions and so on. Squarespace are quite expensive by comparison, but they seem to be selling more of a general website creation service, as opposed to just hosting. Of course you could continue to redirect to the wordpress.com site if you're happy with that.

Adam will do a fine job, but I can help with photography also.

Especially if I can exchange the service for some PT sessions! I just got a gym membership and I'm not making the most of it without some guidance.

I'm pretty busy for a while though, so I can't really do anything till next month.

Get a logo designed by all means, but don't get a full website designed, it will be much easier and simpler to modify / improve a wordpress template.

The man talks a lot of sense.

Oh and theyre also responsuve so they rescale across any device.