Rumour | Battlefield S.W.A.T by Visceral Games

Floex

Shinobi602 is at it again, this time providing information on the rumored police themed Battlefield game that’s supposed to arrive this Fall.

Again, apologies for a higher number of insider posts as of late, but it is the weeks leading up to E3 and a lot info is being thrown around so we’re doing our best to just keep you informed of what’s going around. Shinobi has a good track record with us so far, so that’s why we cover him, and we also speak to him directly to confirm things before we post a story on his findings.
Shinobi was recently responsible for leaking the embargo for Halo 5: Guardians and has sources tell him Quantum Break wouldn’t release until the Summer of 2015, which was pretty much confirmed the other day when we learned the game had only just now entered full production.
Earlier this year, rumors came out about Project Havana, an internal development name for what insiders said was a police themed Battlefield game being developed at Visceral Studios. Shinobi’s source has told him that the shooter coming out of EA the year is indeed Project Havana, now called Battlefield: S.W.A.T. for the moment. The full name is subject to change according to Shinobi.
The game will be revealed at E3 and is apparently one of 6 titles that will be revealed by EA this year. We’re awaiting more information on the game as this story continues to develop, but we’ll keep you updated until we know if it’s a multiplayer only experience or if there’s a campaign involved so stay tuned.
As of right now this is the only information we have on the project so apologies for the shortness of this story. We’ll be sure to update you as soon as we hear anything more.
Hmmm, interesting indeed. Not going to lie, total sucker for Battlefield and will it eat this right up.

Yea saw this rumour a while back on VGLeaks, I'm pretty sure this is what's coming. As long as they keep it significantly different in theme from the core Battlefield series then I'm good with that and will give it a chance. I'm curious as the scale must be different surely...

This is the only time I wish I was on Windows rather than OSX... I'd fire up Paint and put my PSN name over the cop, and Kerraig, Fishy, Gaz etc's names over the pitiful puny protesting civilian criminal scum :P

After BF4 taking six months to reach stability, they're not getting any more cash from me.

I'd like to see the numbers of active users these days. Almost everybody I know stopped playing it ages ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if the servers are 'fixed' because there are simply less people playing the game and the shitty servers aren't getting hammered with users.

This is the only time I wish I was on Windows rather than OSX... I'd fire up Paint and put my PSN name over the cop, and Kerraig, Fishy, Gaz etc's names over the pitiful puny protesting civilian criminal scum :P

Was your mouth out with soap young man, after that get gimp!

After BF4 taking six months to reach stability, they're not getting any more cash from me.

I would consider taking this stand but i never had it as bad as others, as it is now it's the bestest game ever so i shall throw them money for the broken launch game - mind it's not dice is it?

I'd like to see the numbers of active users these days. Almost everybody I know stopped playing it ages ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if the servers are 'fixed' because there are simply less people playing the game and the shitty servers aren't getting hammered with users.

It's like a waste ground these days, struggle to get 4 players a side.... or more like no one really left and it's as full as ever - you still usually have to queue for a DICE server and there are hundreds more since rental, if anything there are more players on now than during the 'troubles'

It's like a waste ground these days, struggle to get 4 players a side.... or more like no one really left and it's as full as ever - you still usually have to queue for a DICE server and there are hundreds more since rental, if anything there are more players on now than during the 'troubles'

And that's why I don't expect EA to change their ways anytime soon. There are too many gamers willing to eat a shit sandwich as long as it has a tasty gherkin in it, so why bother.