Your Greatest Achievments in Gaming

4 hours ago, Strangelite said:

Oooh Hylian's avatar reminds me, that bloody secret chamber in the witness was..... hard. very hard... I managed that after figuring out "a cheat"

I did that all on my own. Was surprised to hear people say that was the hardest challenge in the game. :coffee:

Had to look up a guide for that ship puzzle, though.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SF-02 said:

Beating The Presidents Run mission on Driver quite a few times. 

Yeah, that was pretty sweet. Weird thing was, it took ages to beat it once, then it became much easier; just that added tension as you got closer to that first victory seemed to make such a difference.

On 18/05/2014 at 03:08, CarloOos said:

Finishing NG2 on some of the harder difficulties is up there too, not Master Ninja though (Timmo you lunatic).

So yeah on that note, finishing Ninja Garden 2 on Master Ninja. The first two chapters were the hardest by far, then with an upgraded Lunar it gets marginally easier but still a massive grind at times.

On 18/05/2014 at 07:56, Down by Law said:

All 69 stars in Special Ops mode on MW2, Solo. With the exception of the 2 you had to play in co-op.

The one where you had to get the laptop data from the houses was the toughest. Teeth grindingly difficult.

I almost managed this, but got stuck on the mission in the airplane graveyard with the two Juggernauts and so I think I'll need to do it co-op in the end.

Other proud achievements include:

* Mile High Club on CoD4 on Veteran

* Gears of War 4 Insane solo (without the Memento Mori - for Inconceivable, I cheesed it and so one-shotting the Swarmak felt great)

* All achievements for Devil May Very 4 (not sure I'll ever manage it for 5 though)

On 19/05/2014 at 19:39, JamesTW said:
On 18/05/2014 at 22:11, Baring said:

Probably top 200 in world on Fifas 08/09 and about 50th in Uk. I've went massively downhill since I got a life.

did you used to be on the official Fifa forum back then? There was a lad who supports middlesbrough(like you?) who thought he was Jesus Christ

I have just seen this now, no it wasnt me.

Some of the best gaming memories have to be the Destiny raids from scratch. Vault of glass as Jerec said was such a rush and amazing feeling when we completed it blind (no googling). 

I went through all the raids with a group of mukker and friends blind. One took over 15 hours of figuring it out and completing it, the following weeks you could do it solo and in 25 mins :lol: 

Such a great game. Late night raid group will be remembered forever. 

1 hour ago, Skull Commander said:

Just remembered one from the mists of time. Back in the Snes era I borrowed The Adams Family (first game) from a school chum and finished it in one shot that night. 

I recently put it on to see if I still had the skills. I didn't!

I thought that was a great game. Might have to dip back in sometime.

4 hours ago, Baring said:

Some of the best gaming memories have to be the Destiny raids from scratch. Vault of glass as Jerec said was such a rush and amazing feeling when we completed it blind (no googling). 

I went through all the raids with a group of mukker and friends blind. One took over 15 hours of figuring it out and completing it, the following weeks you could do it solo and in 25 mins :lol: 

Such a great game. Late night raid group will be remembered forever. 

Being there when Jerec got his Fatebringer. I still reckon we should have got t-shirts printed.

I completed F-Zero GX on Master difficulty just using the basic Blue Falcon car, which I thought was pretty good at the time. I can still win the first two cups, which is not bad for having barely touched the game in over a decade. Probably the only game I was ever legitimately quite good at. 

I remember beating the last race in the original Burnout, with the rear-wheel drive TVR in the rain, through the 'NYC' course's crosstown traffic, and feeling that was pretty boss. You couldn't make a single slip and expect to win.

Can't recall if I also had to win every prior race to get there, but I pretty much rinsed the game. And it was a tricky one to beat.

18 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Being there when Jerec got his Fatebringer. I still reckon we should have got t-shirts printed.

You mean when I got 2 Fatebringers, on the last weekend before the new Raid came out? :doh:

That RNG hated me.

5 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

You mean when I got 2 Fatebringers, on the last weekend before the new Raid came out? :doh:

That RNG hated me.

No wonder i couldnt find the name Jerec :lol: I was reading by your avatar.

I never got the fatebringer first time round!

14 minutes ago, Baring said:

No wonder i couldnt find the name Jerec :lol: I was reading by your avatar.

I never got the fatebringer first time round!

Sorry changed it when I locked my Jerec PSN. Its back now, but Rllmuk only allow name changes once a year :facepalm:

Finishing Luigi’s Purple Coins without breaking anything.

That or a World Cup semi-final on PES during my first year of uni.

Germany have torn my Argentina side to shreds, we’re 3-1 down with barely a minute to play. Pull one back from corner. Even a 3-2 defeat flatters my boys to be honest. 

Injury time chance out of nowhere.... 3-3! Extra-time redemption awaits... except, straight from kick-off, we steal the ball, surely not?!

Where are the Germans? Franky, who cares! Like a hot knife through butter! 4-3! They’ve done it! Delirium! Celebrated in ecstasy bouncing around our lounge but in silence so as to avoid waking my housemates, obviously.

I must have looked a right prat.

#proud

On 18/05/2014 at 11:41, Monkeyspill said:

Oh, and doing The President's Run on Driver. That took a while.

On 20/05/2014 at 09:07, Jonster said:

I didn't really count this as an achievement until I saw other people moaning about it but completing The President's Run on Driver on my first attempt.

On 17/06/2014 at 09:35, smac said:

Mine is probably completing The President's Run (and thereby the game) on the original Driver on PSX.

On 04/08/2019 at 20:32, SF-02 said:

Beating The Presidents Run mission on Driver quite a few times.

I recently dug through my old PlayStation memory cards and managed to extract the replay of my successful run of this level. I don't know if I consider it a great achievement so much as a feat of immense luck.

I don't really have the time to dedicate to game mastery. I consider it an achievement to just complete a game these days!

100%-ing Mark of the Ninja is the most recent example I can think of where I played something to death because it was so damned good - and intentionally using difficult costumes to modify play. Similarly, re-playing levels on MGS: Peace Walker using only a banana and a tuxedo just for the hell of it.

Er, I got a platinum Trophy on Gravity Rush. My first ever 'Plat'.

Beating Emerald and Ruby Weapon in FFVII felt like a big deal at the time.

I think I used to be pretty good at Tekken.

I was pretty good at rhythm games back in the day. Getting through the shark level on Gitaroo Man on the harder difficulty, and later completing the PSP port entirely. Finishing all the Ouendan/EBA games on the highest level. Getting comfortable with Expert level on Guitar Hero and Rock Band (but still reeling in horror at some of the hardcore tracks).

2 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

I recently dug through my old PlayStation memory cards and managed to extract the replay of my successful run of this level.

Hate to break it to you, but I don't think that was a successful run. Nearly, but not quite - you didn't cross the boundary line into the garage that indicated victory. You lost your health before you finished, and ended up on the sidewalk just outside of it. But you did get all the way to the garage before dying.

I only know because of the sheer number of times I was actually shunted across that line by a bastard black sedan hitting me at the very last instant, wiping out the last of my energy and costing me the entire run. I crossed that damned line a dozen times before I actually won the level.

49 minutes ago, smac said:

Hate to break it to you, but I don't think that was a successful run. Nearly, but not quite - you didn't cross the boundary line into the garage that indicated victory. You lost your health before you finished, and ended up on the sidewalk just outside of it. But you did get all the way to the garage before dying.

I only know because of the sheer number of times I was actually shunted across that line by a bastard black sedan hitting me at the very last instant, wiping out the last of my energy and costing me the entire run. I crossed that damned line a dozen times before I actually won the level.

I definitely completed that level and saw the ending movie, though that replay might not be the one that shows it. Why I would have saved that replay and not the successful one, I can't imagine. :huh:

Did the boundary box not extend out from the building? I know it was a close call and I think I had a sliver of life left when I skidded over the line. The replays don't show the damage bar or any of the markers so I can't be sure, however I defer to your obviously superior memory of the level! :D

It may be that the boundary was the front edge of the sidewalk, but I'm positive it was the back edge, where the 'garage' box has its boundary. But it's been years and years since I played it, so...

And in that clip, your car seems to be ragdolling after that final shunt, which suggests it had lost it's damage bar. But if you could get that far, you clearly could finish the level - I ain't doubting that.

In that clip, I thought you were done for twice - once when you got tangled up heading around Washington Square; and then when you hit that lamp-post head-on; that usually spelled curtains for a President's run for me.

I wish I could remember. I quite possibly did save that replay as an "argh, so close!" run or because of the mad shunt/jump at the end. And then didn't save the actual successful one for some reason. Or put it on another memory card and lost it.

I dunno, it was so long ago! :)

So many feats, I've done over the years, anyone who has finished an arcade game in an arcade, deserves a round of applause.

Rather than dig through my memory, most recent feats I've done one is get good enough to beat all the bosses on In The Hunt with out dying. The final boss is a royal pain as he has some random elements that can make death unavoidable.

Another huge task I did was get all the achievements on Steel Battalion Heavy Armor on the Xbox 360 using the Kinect controller. This included all the multiplayer missions in solo with only the suicidal A.I. to help and having to get a * (star) rank on every map. Brutally hard and challenging, so sweet when I did it. Really great game as well, I just wish they patched out the terrible Kinect controls, so that everyone could enjoy it. Trust me when I say I wish I could have captured it.

I've probably posted this in here but finishing original hand held donkey Kong twice through was a feat when I was 7 or whenever it would have been, under 10 either way, I didn't even know you just started again once you'd freed the princess originally. 

I also completed time crisis 2 on one credit in the arcade but that might be just due to lots of money spent on it as some of it is just remembering stuff.