Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

Maybe. I suspect it's more because ODST is very heavily based on the Halo 3 engine, so adding the pre-existing models and AI to the ODST firefight mode was something of a low-hanging fruit - I think modders had done it already, so it probably didn't take that much in terms of resource to implement and improve a bit.

• 2 months later...

Playing this with my son in split screen  co-op as he’s gotten into Halo but I’m confused - did 343 not include mid-mission resume as an option? We played a load of Truth and Reconciliation yesterday and went to resume today and it just takes us back to the start of the mission. Honestly won’t be able to play this if that’s the case.

Thanks for that. Did some reading up on Reddit in the interim and you’re right, it isn’t possible. Real shame, as my time is limited and I’d love to co-op the game with my son but this will make it super difficult. Seems like a criminal thing not to update, not sure why it’s been left as was. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty cool:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/cutting-room-floor

343 have done an extremely deep dive into Halo cut content, and are looking to restore some of it to the MCC. For a Halo nerd, especially a Halo nerd interested in the archaeology of Halo, this is like stumbling across some cut stills from the Magnificent Ambersons, especially when they say they're trying to restore one of the cut campaign levels from Halo 2, and make the 2003 E3 demo playable. That last bit in particular is incredibly exciting - I never thought they'd be able to release it. It sounds like it's going to be more focused on the PC version than the Xbox one, which is a shame, but they do say that they're doing their best to bring it to consoles.

1 hour ago, K said:

This is pretty cool:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/cutting-room-floor

343 have done an extremely deep dive into Halo cut content, and are looking to restore some of it to the MCC. For a Halo nerd, especially a Halo nerd interested in the archaeology of Halo, this is like stumbling across some cut stills from the Magnificent Ambersons, especially when they say they're trying to restore one of the cut campaign levels from Halo 2, and make the 2003 E3 demo playable. That last bit in particular is incredibly exciting - I never thought they'd be able to release it. It sounds like it's going to be more focused on the PC version than the Xbox one, which is a shame, but they do say that they're doing their best to bring it to consoles.

When I started reading your post I immediately thought of the E3 Halo 2 demo, so it’d be amazing to finally be able to play that. I just hope they eventually bring it to Xbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody here trying the moistCr1tikal, aka Penguinz, aka Charlie Halo 2 challenge?

Legendary, all skulls bar envy, to completion, no deaths. Apparently nobody has ever done it. First person gets 20k. Closest so far is one player getting to level 10. Only 7 people out of hundreds have got past level 1.

Has to be streamed. His latest YouTube video explains it all.

12 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Nobody here trying the moistCr1tikal, aka Penguinz, aka Charlie Halo 2 challenge?

Legendary, all skulls bar envy, to completion, no deaths. Apparently nobody has ever done it. First person gets 20k. Closest so far is one player getting to level 10. Only 7 people out of hundreds have got past level 1.

Has to be streamed. His latest YouTube video explains it all.

Which level is sniper alley? I can’t imagine getting past that on Legendary without dying, never mind with all the skulls on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...