Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

22 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I’ve been playing 3 on a 4K c9 but I switched to my Series S on a 1080p monitor yesterday and it’s glorious in a different way. Such a sharp image. 

So after 3 should it be reach then ODST then 4?

I believe ODST kind of runs during Halo 3 as far as I'm aware. 

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm going to stop at Reach. I won't bother with 4, at least I don't think I will. 

Play it. It’s much maligned, but it’s still got some good Halo bits in it, and it’s a hell of a good looking game still.

I'm playing a few of these in a bit of a wonky order; went Reach, then 3 and currently about halfway through 4.

I've never played a non-Bungie one before and had the release dates a bit off in my head and thought it was an XBox One game. It's just ridiculously good looking. Great chunks of it feel a bit off coming off the back of the magnificent 3, but fuck me how did they manage it on a technical level. It just seems miles ahead of anything that was on the 360/PS3.

14 hours ago, Thor said:

You referring to Reach or 3? But yes, I'm on an LG C9. 3 looked okay, definitely rough around the edges though. Reach is actually quite impressive at times. :)

Sorry I wasn’t clear about that all was I. I was referring to Reach, think I may put that back on again sometime soon. Really enjoyed it and loved the look of it :)

3 hours ago, Jolly said:

I'm playing a few of these in a bit of a wonky order; went Reach, then 3 and currently about halfway through 4.

I've never played a non-Bungie one before and had the release dates a bit off in my head and thought it was an XBox One game. It's just ridiculously good looking. Great chunks of it feel a bit off coming off the back of the magnificent 3, but fuck me how did they manage it on a technical level. It just seems miles ahead of anything that was on the 360/PS3.

Halo 4 still looks better than most PS4/Xbox One games, it’s a work of absolute wizardry. In many ways it looks better than Halo 5.

One thing which annoyed me about the MCC, is that my brother bought the game, but couldn't play it until he downloaded the 110GB on the Xbox. There's no option to install which game, you have no option but download the massive update.

4 minutes ago, yakumo said:

One thing which annoyed me about the MCC, is that my brother bought the game, but couldn't play it until he downloaded the 110GB on the Xbox. There's no option to install which game, you have no option but download the massive update.

They changed that - initial install now loads up main parts and then allows you to install what you want.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

They changed that - initial install now loads up main parts and then allows you to install what you want.

Has it?, he bought 2 weeks ago and there was no option for that. He installed the disc onto the HDD however, upon launching it asks to download the full update before playing. There was no options during update to choose what.

7 hours ago, yakumo said:

Has it?, he bought 2 weeks ago and there was no option for that. He installed the disc onto the HDD however, upon launching it asks to download the full update before playing. There was no options during update to choose what.

It has but if you're using a disc it of course has to update first, there's no way around that. The contents of that disc might as well be FIFA 2019 for how much it resembles the current version of MCC, it has been overhauled so much. Getting the digital version means getting the benefits of the updated installer.

5 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It has but if you're using a disc it of course has to update first, there's no way around that. The contents of that disc might as well be FIFA 2019 for how much it resembles the current version of MCC, it has been overhauled so much. Getting the digital version means getting the benefits of the updated installer.

Yeah he didn't know but I thought the XBOX would be smart enough to just say hey download and utilise the new digital edition since we know you're using a verified disc.

42 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Just finished halo reach.   

Meh.

Awww, did you not get your triumphant, fist-pumping, I-just-saved-the-day-single-handedly finale? Bless your cotton socks.

:P

Reach is the best Halo game by quite some margin. 3 is the closest but even that pales in comparison to the absolute brilliance of Reach. It was Bungie showing off, and enjoying themselves while doing it. It's almost a shame it came out on aging hardware that couldn't do it justice, because on PC with no jaggies and 120fps it's astounding. They don't need to do an Anniversary edition, the original visual design of Reach is good enough in 4k. Fucking remarkable!

1 hour ago, Thor said:

And that's Reach done. What a game! :wub: 

Right, go through them all again on Legendary now (except 2, I’ll let you have that on Heroic). :D

You’ll see why CE is head and shoulders above the rest then.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

No. Reach is the best. I'm done with Halo now.  

Each to their own, but they are completely different (and better) games on Legendary.

It’s an excellent series though, isn’t it?